CreamCat

The best time to visit a gym is between 1PM and 3PM.

8 posts in this topic

Between 1PM and 3PM, due to circadian rhythm, humans become sleepy.

Rather than taking a nap, it's better to hit the gym when you are most likely to be sleepy.

It increases productivity and your health simultaneously.

Nowadays, between 1PM and 3 PM, I hit a nearby gym and exercise for 30 minutes.

No it is different for every person. 

Try not to be so self-centered as to think that when you have an idea that it is the correct idea for every human being

@CreamCat this is wildly subjective and has no real relevance. 

That’s like saying, facing north during sleep increases wakefulness and productivity. 

also if you hit the gym with a little more energy maybe you’d workout longer than 30min ;) 

7 hours ago, Meditationdude said:

That’s like saying, facing north during sleep increases wakefulness and productivity. 

also if you hit the gym with a little more energy maybe you’d workout longer than 30min ;) 

It seems you didn't exercise when you were sleepy. I have direct experiences. A workout wakes you up and boosts energy. If you exercise when you are wakeful, you have to give up doing work while you exercise. If you didn't exercise when you were sleepy, you would have taken a nap or have dozed anyway. Since you utilize an otherwise unproductive span of time for exercise, you become more productive. This way, exercise and work complement each other rather than compete with each other. Also, a workout increases health. That's why I wrote it increases health and productivity.

I exercise for 30 minutes because I am starting out and cannot yet utilize 1 hour effectively at a gym. I'm getting my feet wet with a new routine. At this point, 30 minutes are enough to make my whole body hurt. Later, I may work out for 1 hour. If you are efficient and creative, 1 hour is enough for muscle training and many other kinds of exercise. No need to spend hours on exercise unless you are training for professional contests or unless you really want to.

The point is to exercise when you are not busy or when you are not productive at work so that work and exercise complement each other.

If you have a regular job that requires you to work between 1PM and 3PM or have an inflexible schedule, my advice doesn't apply to you.

Edited by CreamCat

@CreamCat So how can you know what time is the  best  if you just starting out? Have you experimented  with  every  period of time in a day,  for like a few months for each?

And you think making muscles hurt is a sign of efficient workout? seriously? 

Also it doesn't matter how far you are into working out - you can always have a good workout in 30 minutes, if you raise intensity and not volume.

Edited by tom rAy

@CreamCat I know I was being sarcastic earlier but truly I’m just trying to help you. There’s no way for you to know this but I’m very qualified to talk about working out and energy. I’m an established and successful personal trainer. I see anywhere from 6-12 people a day, 6 days a week and it’s always a battle of energy. My biggest problem with clients is lack of energy due to poor diet, stress, sleep and lifestyle.
Any time is a good time to workout. We were built for it, it’s in our dna, all you have to do is start and the body naturally takes over and puts you into a “work state”. 

On a separate note, you may want to look into why you’re so tired in the afternoons and need naps. That’s pretty rare unless your 70 ;) 

2 hours ago, Meditationdude said:

On a separate note, you may want to look into why you’re so tired in the afternoons and need naps. That’s pretty rare unless your 70 ;) 

Is it another instance of sarcasm? In spain, siesta culture is widespread. Say that to spanish people. In my direct experiences, my people also tend to become drowsy during 1~3PM. It's not rare. It's widespread regardless of age.

To me, it just sounds like mockery which is a form of negative criticism. If you paid attention, you would notice that you tend to become either lethargic or sleepy during 1~3PM. It is just a matter of degree. If you slept very well and didn't eat lunch too much, you might not feel sleepy between 1 and 3PM, but you might still feel a bit lethargic and find it more challenging to focus on work.

Edited by CreamCat

3 hours ago, tom rAy said:

So how can you know what time is the  best  if you just starting out? Have you experimented  with  every  period of time in a day,  for like a few months for each?

2 hours ago, Meditationdude said:

Any time is a good time to workout. We were built for it

You are not considering the balance between work and exercise. I want to exercise when I cannot work productively.

So, to me, the best time to exercise is when exercise complements work rather than competes with work.

If I hit a gym when I am least energetic, I become energetic again after a workout, and I can work with more focus.

I may change my workout schedule in the future, but I like my current workout schedule. I don't see the workout schedule change in the foreseeable future.

Edited by CreamCat