Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Don

How do I keep myself sane as I'm becoming more conscious?

13 posts in this topic

Hello.

As I'm meditating every day, I'm becoming more mindful & conscious; as a result, I start to see the meaninglessness of life and I get very depressed. Seeing life in this manner is the main cause of my depression.

How do I keep myself sane during this process? I don't wanna lose motivation and I don't want to live my life in a miserable state like this.

I have an odd feeling that can't be described with words. All I wish for is to have a perspective on life that keeps me sane.

How can I give meaning to life so I can be able to continue this journey of becoming more conscious? And enjoy life in general.

Do I need God in my life? Do I need a philosophy of life so I won't despair?

I'm doing my best to find something that holds me sane but nothing is making me satisfied.

Edited by The Don

Me on the road less traveled.

@The Don  Do you think it could be your resistance to life being meaningless that's causing your depression. If you could just accept the fact that life has no meaning, do you think it would cut yourself some slack and just allow what is to be. Eckhart Tolle talks a lot about how suffering is the resistance to what is. The unacceptance of Truth.

Just a thought hope this helps good luck have a good day!!

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Life Purpose! ( consciously create a meaning)

2 ways to look at life:

1. Life is meaningless.. :(

2. Life is meaningless!! :D

Life is meaningless because meaning is a human construction. What is even more fulfilling is to understand how and why meaning is created. 

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

There’s no reason to hold a perspective. Trying to find the right perspective of sanity actually sounds crazy to me. Letting them all go feels rather “sane”. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

6 minutes ago, Nahm said:

There’s no reason to hold a perspective. Trying to find the right perspective of sanity actually sounds crazy to me. Letting them all go feels rather “sane”. 

I can live without having the right perspective of sanity or how you'd wanna call it. The problem is demotivation for life. That's what I wanna overcome.

28 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

@The Don  Do you think it could be your resistance to life being meaningless that's causing your depression. If you could just accept the fact that life has no meaning, do you think it would cut yourself some slack and just allow what is to be. Eckhart Tolle talks a lot about how suffering is the resistance to what is. The unacceptance of Truth.

Just a thought hope this helps good luck have a good day!!

Sure. I'll take a look at Eckhart Tolle's talks and videos.

@The Don You’re doing the consciousness work, and it’s working. Purification is underway, cleaning & clearing out misunderstandings, and emotional conditioned baggage. A single thought arises - it’s content implying there is a need of a perspective, or madness will ensue. But, remember, you meditate. You practice - not believing thoughts. So don’t believe that one. Get down with the release, by letting the thought go. 

The inspiration behind a release like that...psh. You’ll see. It’s gorgeous. 

4 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@The Don You’re doing the consciousness work, and it’s working. Purification is underway, cleaning & clearing out misunderstandings, and emotional conditioned baggage. A single thought arises - it’s content implying there is a need of a perspective, or madness will ensue. But, remember, you meditate. You practice - not believing thoughts. So don’t believe that one. Get down with the release, by letting the thought go. 

The inspiration behind a release like that...psh. You’ll see. It’s gorgeous. 

First of all, thank you for advising me. I'm really grateful for your words.

I'm doing exactly what you just said; not taking thoughts seriously.

I was at work today and had some thoughts about the meaninglessness of life. I constantly tried to ascribe meaning to life but I couldn't.

I had thoughts like "even if I overcome this awful state of depression I'll still be demotivated for life" or "after I'll get over this sh*tty depression, I won't be satisfied by self-actualization work or reading books because life is meaningless so doing the work is in vain".

Reading books and self-actualization kept me happy until I reached this point where they don't motivate me anymore. It's so frustrating.

I'm also confused right now but I'll do my best to get through this.

Keep going. Don’t get stuck in the nihilism. I was in that spot too

In Tate we trust

@The Don ??

This is where the teaching becomes the path. 

I’d say the teachings, for now, have reached a ceiling of usefulness. In letting go & welcoming the purification, the aspects of you which depend on outside sources for motivation, are receiving the light of awareness. (You don’t actually need anything from anyone, though it’s perfectly ok to feel that way, for as long as you do)

You’re ‘in between stations’, in the static/confusion.

Old channel: The Motivational Hits of The Gurus

New channel: My Own Actual Intrinsic inspiration.

It’s great that your consciousness is expanding rapidly, and it’s a bumpy ride at some points. Let go; relax, release. There’s nothing you need to do, - which is new, and counter logical for “you” currently. That will change. Letting go, and not getting caught up in any of this becomes the default. It’s well worth it. Have faith in yourself, just keep letting go. You are fine. Everything’s great, you’re gonna have an awesome life, you don’t need to think beyond this very moment, at all, and you don’t really even need to think about anything now. Let go.

It can be scary, liberating yourself from the imprisonment of meaning. Think of that static between stations, like crawling out of prison through the sewage pipes. It’s messy, but you’re literally getting free. 

This might be helpful, just a typical progression of stages I notice...

....materialism, questioning life, meaninglessness, letting go, healing, creating, Meaning....

32 minutes ago, The Don said:

First of all, thank you for advising me. I'm really grateful for your words.

I'm doing exactly what you just said; not taking thoughts seriously.

I was at work today and had some thoughts about the meaninglessness of life. I constantly tried to ascribe meaning to life but I couldn't.

I had thoughts like "even if I overcome this awful state of depression I'll still be demotivated for life" or "after I'll get over this sh*tty depression, I won't be satisfied by self-actualization work or reading books because life is meaningless so doing the work is in vain".

Reading books and self-actualization kept me happy until I reached this point where they don't motivate me anymore. It's so frustrating.

I'm also confused right now but I'll do my best to get through this.

Yes this is all good stuff, just accept the fact that you are unmotivated about anything at this point in your life. Maybe you won't be motivated by self-actualization later or maybe you will....but currently you are not so just accept what is currently the truth.

Resisting the truth is like rowing a boat Upstream, you will get worn out quick.

?  ❤ ✌

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

On 10/3/2019 at 0:23 AM, Nahm said:

You’re doing the consciousness work, and it’s working.

Yes. I'm going through lots of mood swings.

A few hours I'm depressed then I start laughing. It's unbelievable.

Anyway, I must let it go and tell myself that it's just a sensation. I must tell myself that any kind of depression is tolerable.

@Nahm, I truly appreciate your help.

I didn't stop meditating.

@The Don ??

Stay strong bro (and vulnerable :) ) 

I’d ‘frame it up’ just a pinch differently, in that the sensation - that there is sensation - does not come and go. As such, there are not mood swings, but rather, thoughts added to that sensation, which is ever-present, doing what sensation does, and washing you clean of all the barriers (thoughts) against it. Love does not come & go, and is the purifying force of ever corner of the cosmos, and it’s got you too.

Start lifting weights,exercise  your body and mind,and get. Your diet on point you’ll be just fine.