Yannik

Advice for the first LSD trip?

14 posts in this topic

Hello there,

I am going to take LSD for the first time on Saturday and I would like to ask you if you recommend any practices or exercises that should try?

I've been through an Ayahuasca session and I've taken psychocybin a couple of times so I am not a total beginner.

Up to now, general meditation (guided and unguided) is on my agenda, listen to music, and I was thinking about watching the Missing Link series by Gregg Bradon on Gaia (https://www.gaia.com/series/missing-links)

Any suggestions, important things to remember or tips are highly appreciated :-)

All the best from Vienna,

Yannik

@Yannik My first LSD trips were done with friends but they were bullshit. Playing guitar hero, listening to music, chatting shit and watching SpongeBob etc. 

I recommend Leo's Neti Neti method guided meditation. I had a very profound and wonderful experience when I tripped with this, albeit, just a glimpse. 

When I micro dose I like to do some mindfulness practice with an Eckhart Tolle or Alan Watts talk playing in the background. 

Make sure your home is tidy and errands are completed. This is ideal environment for a good trip.

I believe the tab will take you where you need to go regardless.

Good luck.

ALSO, write down your goals for the trip and why you are tripping, what are you trying to uncover or achieve etc. 

Don't do anything let it take you where it wants to take you and watch. You can ask questions it is quite powerful. I wouldn't want to watch any TV or even listen to music for the first time. Just sit there and do nothing, questions will naturally ask themselves.

Sailing on the ceiling 

Thank you guys! I've done the Neti Neti method once already on shrooms and it was a great experience for me too. To listen to Alan Watts sounds amazing as well :)

@Rigel Thanks for the advice with the music. Any experience I had was with music yet because it immediately gets me into the right energy.

I would advise not setting any goals. As @Rigel said, let the trip take you where you want it and ask questions. How much LSD do you plan on taking?

@ivory I am planning to take 150mcg and the dose I have available is 200mcg. What would you recommend?

I found that I usually need a higher dose than others to get the same effect (was the case in the Ayahuasca sessions as well as with the psilocybin)

No trip is like your first time lsd, just dont expect anything and go with the flow.

150ug is a good dose for a beginner, if you want to take more thats also good. It only depends how you feel about your dose when you do it alone.

Go and take a walk in Nature and if you are into Psychedelic Rock listen to the Grateful Dead

:P

20 minutes ago, Yannik said:

I found that I usually need a higher dose than others to get the same effect (was the case in the Ayahuasca sessions as well as with the psilocybin)

Your consciousness might be low. Having higher consciousness and overall awareness (body, emotions, etc.) will make you feel really subtle effects to any substances. Example - When I smoked weed I always wanted to get super high, so I smoked a lot. Once I started to meditate and do Yoga I started to get super high from very low amounts of weed, which made me realize that I have a more subtle awareness when I'm on substances. I feel it way way more, I'm not that numb anymore.

If that's the case for you - take in 200 and have a friend who can spot you. A GOOD friend who knows what hes doing.

Also - surrender fully.

Mahadev

@Yannik Don't try to control what to do, the LSD will guide you. You will likely go through a lot of emotional work and old memories which your self has accumulated over your life. But since you have done some psychedelics, maybe that has been taken care of. 

I always work very much through all the chakras on Lucy and end up in a liberated crown state. 

Drink lots of water! I like to meditate after I take the psychedelic, and maybe listen to some music until I start to feel the effects and maybe later when the effects are almost gone. I also like to go out for a walk in the forest after 6-9 I took the medicine and the peak is long gone. I wouldn’t watch any videos, but that’s just me. Have fun and let us know how it goes ;)

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

@Yannik It's best to get your hand on a quantity of LSD so you can experiment with the dosages. That way you'll know what 1 tab will do, 2 tabs will do, 3 tabs will do. If you keep get LSD from different batches you can't be sure what you're actually taking. One time I took one tab, that was supposed to be 150ug turned out to be MUCH MUCH more than anticipated. I suspect it was actually a 300ug tab.

Starting with 150ug is a good start. Up your dosage as you get comfortable.

If you truly have 150mcg then be advised- LSD is a long haul psychedelic, and by the time your aya/shroom doses would have abated, this dose of acid would have just reached its peak. I have had the opportunity to sample accurate doses of LSD, and for me 150mcg is not insubstantial and not something I would do unsupervised for the first time. Also note that incremental doses of LSD are not additive; the increase in effect rises more exponentially. 100mcg or at a push 125mcg would be my advice. Drop in haste, "repent" in leisure is not the aim.

Edited by Corpus