Ampresus

What to do with this urge for more power

22 posts in this topic

@Chakra Lion  That is the thing man. I am currently struggling to control my mind and emotions. I am meditating though and soon will be trying Kriya yoga.

Controlling how I behave has been one of the easiest things I have done in my life. I am extremely disciplined, like seriously. Well... that is in public. I still have some addictions which I take part in during my private free time. Not proud of those...

This urge for power is really just controlling other people, the way they think about me and in general about certain stuff. Even though I can control myself for a bit, this urge always comes up when people either annoy me or I am bored and my mind takes me to fantasy land.

You suggest I try to control myself completely and see how I feel afterwards? If so, what practices do you recommend for controlling mind and emotions?

@AmpresusPeople who can't control themselves, try to control others.

Are you scared of others realizing something about you, seeing you in a certain way? 

Like you said, controlling the mind and emotions is hard.

Wanting Power is an emotional behavior, wanting for Identification and Expectation.

Don't you think someone who gets power naturally, without manipulation is better off.  

I would suggest to think. What is the Dream that you see when you imagine the perfect Life here on Earth?

Where and how would you live, what would you do in your free time, and how do you want others to see your spirit.

Create a Goal, many goals, detailed of what you want to develop into. Use your Power on, Expression, Creation,  Dedication! 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe