arlin

Are you guys happy?

75 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, ivory said:

The idea that one can be happy with nothing is a fallacy.

What about monks 

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

You can't, but you can rest in the space between the words. :) 

Peace can be found everywhere, in the words and in the spaces between them. Mind and no-mind are identical without the resistance. In fact, there can exist suffering in that 'empty space', independent of thought. Why would anyone resist their thoughts anyway? Thoughts have a purpose, and achieve it they must. If they get out of control, then that's ego and must be killed.

Sometimes I think that life is completely out of anyone's control, and some other times I think that thought affects life. In the end of the day, it's a strange-loop, the two are entangled and cannot be separated. However, death is the nearest escape. Whenever I catch myself suffering, I surrender to death, and suffering usually goes away.

@arlin Suffering is optional. It's not up to anyone to decide what they want or where they want to go. If you are interested in self-actualization work, you will not suffer from it. In fact, quite the opposite. For example, I used to use meditation and Leo's videos as an escape from suffering. Right now, it takes special effort to sit down and watch anything or read any books or do anything related to self-actualization unless I have a real problem with something. So, basically the thirst for wisdom is gone, and the only valuable thing for me to pursue right now is healthy practicality and systems thinking. I don't pursue it in books or videos, I try to find it in my own life.

The point is that self-actualization and happiness are not identical. You can be happy and a complete loser, and you can be happy and very successful. Same thing for suffering. 

It's attachment to outcomes that creates the suffering, not the outcome.

23 minutes ago, ivory said:

The idea that one can be happy with nothing is a fallacy.

Nope. And in fact, quite the opposite.

Edited by Truth Addict

Not much happiness here, life still sucks lol.
There is a bigger sense of expansion, emptiness and tranquility or contentment though and have been on it for about 5 years.

nah.... happiness is great but its not sustainable and only leads to more suffering if that is what you are chasing.

Instead, chase the peace that transcends happiness and sadness.  Then it won't matter which emotional state you find yourself in.

But yes, I am generally happier, and no longer want to commit suicide :D 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

6 hours ago, arlin said:

I see people here working on themselves all the time complaining about suffering.

Of course suffering is unavoidable

Forgetting who you are = dream, experience, life, suffering. 

and yes, if you do profound work you will go through more suffering.

Letting the identity you made up go is wonderful, purification. Believing thoughts about the process as it is underway, creates more suffering, and slows the process. 

But has this been rewarding for you? 

The facade is gone. I am where I never left in the first place, there is no reward, and there is no reason or need for reward. I am the “reward”. 

Why are you guys on this path of self actualization? 

Doesn’t matter relatively, because you create your own suffering, and your own reality. 

How did this affect your life? 

Has it improved your life in a meaningfull way,

♥️

or is it just a dream

?

that you hold but you secretly know you cant achieve? 

I can not achieve me. Lol. “ I “ tried like hell. 

Are you happier overall?

I love you unconditionally. 

Or are you just using your mind to overthink about existencial things and getting burned out? 

Did that with a vengeance too. 

It can be difficult to see the immeasurable life changing value of daily morning meditation - because it lets the believing of thoughts go, and awareness is known. You have to do it to know, because awareness is not dual, and can’t be thought. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@arlin lol about 50% responded with random advice, 40% responded in some spiritual talk and 10% gave you an actual answer to your inquiry, lol. 

Ooh The internet ... ?

6 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

nah.... happiness is great but its not sustainable and only leads to more suffering if that is what you are chasing.

Where do you get these toxic ideas from?

Happiness is not sustainable, maybe. But it has nothing to do with bringing more suffering.

@Meditationdude You forgot to count your comment as 4% for irrelevant answers.

Edited by Truth Addict

Yes, I mean i have "ego backlash's" from time to time because i tend to resist the present moment. But yes , I'm much happier.

And as i go along i love people more , and life in general.

Is really getting better, but all i need to see is that is already better and go with that.

Things drop if you do not resist them. And all there's is , is ok. Happy is you wanna say so.

And wht help me is to Lough at my problems, really. Genuine lough. Because there are there because i let them be there.

Have a wonderful day !

17 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Where do you get these toxic ideas from?

Happiness is not sustainable, maybe. But it has nothing to do with bringing more suffering.

Hello there, perhaps you misunderstood what I was saying...

Of course happiness does not bring suffering. It is the chasing happiness that perpetuates suffering, especially at those times when happiness is not there. Let happiness come and go naturally, and be at peace when its not present. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

1 minute ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Hello there, perhaps you misunderstood what I was saying...

Of course happiness does not bring suffering. It is the chasing happiness that perpetuates suffering, especially at those times when happiness is not there. Let happiness come and go naturally, and be at peace when its not present. 

Gotcha.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

@Truth Addict Truth hurts yo. Like really-hurts, so good. When people live a lie they suffer, when they lie to live they suffer even more. Don’t they say living is suffering? 

Happiness is seeing things for what they are and taking responsibility for it, I suppose that’s why we find people suffering happily ? 

The relativity is unavoidable, many perspectives here to be appreciated 

Edited by DrewNows

31 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

@Truth Addict Truth hurts yo. Like really-hurts, so good. When people live a lie they suffer, when they lie to live they suffer even more. Don’t they say living is suffering? 

Happiness is seeing things for what they are and taking responsibility for it, I suppose that’s why we find people suffering happily ? 

The relativity is unavoidable, many perspectives here to be appreciated 

Nonsense.

@arlin I enjoy the suffering. It makes me happy to know its still there

I know you're tired but come. This is the way - Rumi

I have to be focused, optimistic and remind myself that Truth is all there is, that makes me happy :) 

2 hours ago, arlin said:

@mandyjw @peanutspathtotruth you guys are acting like i have an life crisis right now and trying to give me a solution. I don't, and you would have been much more helpfull if you shared your own experience.

Good advices anyways. Thanks. 

Read my statement again, but realize that when I say "You", I'm actually talking about myself. When I say "you realize what a wreck you really are" I'm talking about how that happened for myself and how that is generally the case for most seekers. Maybe you will get more out of it that way, it was not in any way a solution, it was to share with you how I see it.

And to expand: Yes, this journey so far has greatly improved my life and made me way happier, but not in the slightes the way I expected it to. I didn't know what I really wanted before I went in. So in a sense, I'm really tapping into true happiness for the first time. As I said, pain and pleasure have nothing to do with it though. Would never go back.

@Mikael89 I love your reply ahahahahah.

@Waken Your answer is... Well should i believe you? You were on this journey for 5 years and still no results? What kind of work have you been doing? Ahhaah.

@ActualizedDavid Thanks bro

@seeking_brilliance@seeking_brilliance

@Truth your answer on suffering is optional makes sense. I have used techniques to escape and to avoid suffering and guess what, this has lead to more resistance.

I believe that "working on yourself" does not make you happier. Or more precisely, that it is not the only way that you can go about it. But i am also curious to know why people who self actualize generally sat that it is the only way to go about it. 

So that's why i started this post. 

@Nahm Thank you for your love :)

1 minute ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

Read my statement again, but realize that when I say "You", I'm actually talking about myself. When I say "you realize what a wreck you really are" I'm talking about how that happened for myself and how that is generally the case for most seekers. Maybe you will get more out of it that way, it was not in any way a solution, it was to share with you how I see it.

And to expand: Yes, this journey so far has greatly improved my life and made me way happier, but not in the slightes the way I expected it to. I didn't know what I really wanted before I went in. So in a sense, I'm really tapping into true happiness for the first time. As I said, pain and pleasure have nothing to do with it though. Would never go back.

Ah sorry for the misinterpreting bro. 

But also thank you, i find this answer of yours very satisfying. It is what i hoped most people would answer. :)