arlin

Are you guys happy?

75 posts in this topic

I see people here working on themselves all the time complaining about suffering. Of course suffering is unavoidable and yes, if you do profound work you will go through more suffering. But has this been rewarding for you? 

Why are you guys on this path of self actualization? 

How did this affect your life? 

Has it improved your life in a meaningfull way, or is it just a dream that you hold but you secretly know you cant achieve? 

Are you happier overall? Or are you just using your mind to overthink about existencial things and getting burned out? 

Yes! Happier and happier the deeper I go into the work. I used to be a pretty depressed guy, the difference to where I am now is gigantic.

Are there still sad moments? Yes, but the peace and happiness of Being always returns.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

3 minutes ago, Gili Trawangan said:

Yes! Happier and happier the deeper I go into the work. I used to be a pretty depressed guy, the difference to where I am now is gigantic.

Are there still sad moments? Yes, but the peace and happiness of Being always returns.

Thanks for sharing :)

Almost no suffering in general.

Happiness is more of a spectrum. Some days can be really happy, nearly blissful. But not all of them.

At least for now.

I'm happy when I remember to let go.

Someone said Zen mind is Beginners mind.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@arlin Be careful not to underestimate how miserable most people are.

If people here on a 3 on a scale of 0-10. Most people in life are at -20. But they don't even realize it because -20 is all they've ever known.

Happiness is totally relative.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@arlin You should never forget that to be happy and peaceful in this life is one of the things we want to investigate here. Why am I not happy? Why am I suffering so much? This work is like a magnifying glass and you see what a wreck you really are. You see the incredible pain of living in the illusion of separation, the pain of resistance. So in a sense, you uncover your suffering and feel it fully for the first time. This can seem like a step back. But as you might know, truth is much more powerful than ignorance, so when you keep going and fearlessly investigate this suffering, there comes a contentment despite pain. The objective is not to make pain go away. That will never happen. It's a reorientation towards whatever is experienced. And this happens to be deeply connected to seeing and surrendering to what is true. 

Was Frodo happy most of the time in The Lord of the Rings? Was Harry Potter happy through most of the seven books in the series? 

You didn't come to be happy, you came for an adventure. 

Enlightenment is realizing that you are the authors and all characters from the story, wisdom is knowing that for the story to be told it must happen from a certain perspective within the illusion of time. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I always been pretty happy. But since I started to meditate more seriously (1 hour a day) and use psychedelics mostly for Energy work and self development everything changed so much.. Overall life is much better then it used to be and I am so excited for what to come in the Further

Often when I go out dancing people look at me like I am crazy or something, because dancing makes me very happy and so I always have a big smile on my face

Happiness is the result of a set of practices. I'm at my happiest I regularly exercise, socialize, and take care of my responsibilities.

42 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

You didn't come to be happy, you came for an adventure. 

Well that's interesting! Sometimes I wish I could lower the level just a little bit.

Haha every person that commented that there more happy/almost no suffering/ tec .

Just believe the opposite of what they say because it'd be more accurate than what's been protected 

33 minutes ago, MAYA EL said:

Haha every person that commented that there more happy/almost no suffering/ tec .

Just believe the opposite of what they say because it'd be more accurate than what's been protected 

Perhaps it's something you would do, Mr. ego.

1 hour ago, Truth Addict said:

Well that's interesting! Sometimes I wish I could lower the level just a little bit.

You can't, but you can rest in the space between the words. :) 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@arlin Be careful not to underestimate how miserable most people are.

If people here on a 3 on a scale of 0-10. Most people in life are at -20. But they don't even realize it because -20 is all they've ever known.

But if they don't realize it, from they POV they might be a 3 on a scale from 0-10. 

So where is the difference between a 3 who is trying to self actualize and most people? On a happiness level, there is not so much difference. 

Also the avarage guy might work hard for his low conscious work and get a promotion, which will make him very happy ahahah xD

@ivory why do you have to do something to be happy? Can't you be happy just because you deserve it?

@mandyjw @peanutspathtotruth you guys are acting like i have an life crisis right now and trying to give me a solution. I don't, and you would have been much more helpfull if you shared your own experience.

Good advices anyways. Thanks. 

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Be careful not to underestimate how miserable most people are.

Y'all off topic he just asked a simple question xD

In my case mostly no.

6 minutes ago, wavydude said:

Y'all off topic he just asked a simple question xD

In my case mostly no.

Thanks for sharing. 

22 minutes ago, arlin said:

@ivory why do you have to do something to be happy? Can't you be happy just because you deserve it?

The idea that one can be happy with nothing is a fallacy.