krockerman

Is romantic infatuation ok?

24 posts in this topic

@Deepconcepts  I agree that life is simple and I live a simple life and I enjoy it. I would really appreciate if you could be clearer on you explaining and believe I am an intelligent creature just like you xD what am I overcomplicating?

11 hours ago, krockerman said:

well it's still hedonism. But I don't think you should reject that just because it's hedonism. If it translates to a real relationship after it. If it does then it's I think the honeymoon is a great bonus. 

For a true relationship, it has to end. But it's a fun first part

what is hedonistic about breathing, or drinking water or see a sunrise or jump into the next water hole - if you live at the northpole you might freeze to death though... if you call that hedonism i don`t know. maybe it`s headownism.

Edited by remember

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Nothing is ever wrong. But everything has consequences.

All attachment will bring suffering. Everything that goes up must come down.

But you can't really learn that lesson without living through it. So knock yourself out with romantic infatuation and see where it gets you.

You'd have to be exceptionally wise and spiritually gifted to transcend such things without touching them.

Leo, can you pls explain what you mean “without touching them” ? Is it a bit closer to what Osho explains in his book “Love, Freedom and Aloneness”? But do you think a regular human being, let’s say a man who is after self-actualization, is capable to love someone unconditionally, truly? Without mixing his personal agenda and emotions into a true manifestation of love?

Thank you ?.

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

On 9/30/2019 at 4:16 AM, krockerman said:

if you treat romantic infatuation as a bonus and not the goal. And your goal is a real realtionship. Is it wrong to feel romantic infatuation?

Infatuation is one of the most striking, unignorable forms of love that life has to offer. When you have the potential to become infatuated with the sky, a tree or a flower you may experience what a relationship without goals, survival or ego can be. You can also understand that infatuation is simply recognizing oneself in something, it is simply a spectacularly strong wave on the ocean made out of love. That doesn't mean however, that great things can't come from it. Sometimes you ride the wave, sometimes it knocks you over, sometimes you simply watch the waves crash to shore from the safety of the beach.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost