aniss

Depersonalization from weed Recovery

11 posts in this topic

please i want everyone in this thread to give me any advice to cope and heal from this issue and is there any benefits  from this issue 

thanks 

Get yourself very present/mindful in the "here and now", feel all feelings/emotions the best you can, sit with them. Part of depersonalization is not feeling, therefore not connecting. So, find a way to start reconnecting. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

I've had DP from weed. It's the worst thing I've ever experienced. 

Stay away from all weed, tobacco, alcohol and caffeine. I know everyone says this but you just gotta live your life and you'll forget about it. You never really feel yourself recover because if you did that would mean you'd still be ruminating on it. It's more like one day you realise it's not as big of an issue any more. 

I struggled with depersonalization for years. It's not really the most pleasant thing, when you are not use to it.  After so long you will grow to accept it if it persists. In some cases it is kind of nice, but most of the time not so much. Depression and anxiety usually tend to amplify it heavily.  I recommend that you fix your diet and exercise routine as these benefited me the most in progress. Put yourself in situations that give you depersonilaztion issues  and work through them. Stores use to cause a lot of issues for me as well as some other public areas. If you find somewhere or something that heightens it, then keep going back until you conquer it.  Conscious breathing and focusing on grounding yourself when it gets more intense can help too. You might have a lot of bottled up emotional issues that you need to work on as well. 

I have a lot of direct experience with this and would be happy to help you further.  

yes it sucks but yeah ! welcome dp you're made my mind fragile weak for a reason to show me the real fear to teach me how to get stronger in life you gave me the third aye thank you and welcome and i know once i become free from fear you'll wear off 

i don't like to be high i love being sober but you gave me this chance to socialize and ground my being for real i'm grateful for it 

also to let people read my mind :)

It likely won't last like mine did. It very well could have been a drug related cause. However, I had many other typical causation factors. Just be good to your body and mind and it should return the favor. I smoke one per month at the moment and do fine with it. I try to use it for self actualization work and to get stuff off my mind. But I would like to eventually do away with it I think. I'm fairly undecided. I want to use psychedelics in place of it for the personal work. So maybe I will find that I really don't want to use it at all. 

I think I might have had a little depersonalisation from weed. I'm definitely not the same outgoing extroverted person I used to be. Something  came over me towards the end of my weed smoking days, I didn't get the same effects as I did at the start of my weed smoking journey, I was paranoid, I lied a  lot, i didn't trust my close friends anymore, I found it hard to function in everyday life too. I was addicted to it for sure. Now I don't smoke it at all and I feel kind of back to normal.

My best advise is to never smoke it ever again, and stay away  from all mind altering substances. I have no experience with psychedelics so I can't say if they might benefit you. But stay strong and stay sober! Best way to live.

Weed definitely isn't the harmless drug everyone makes it out to be, rather the opposite for some people. Some people are fine with it, others not. Its a shame it took me a long while to realise it wasn't for me.

Onwards and upwards!

@RawJudah yes man ,alcohol or any other mind altering substences even cigarrets not for me i find myself happy when i eat healthy meal or go to the gym or be with a cute girl it's been 7 days since my last panic attack thank god i'm no more panicing still not out of the water yet but with all the advice that i internalized trough these days i can say that i'm good 

wish me good health becouse i'm gonna change the world :)

Is not depersonalization the objective of meditation? Why are people against it now? How can you not get depersonalized after long period of meditation?