Giulio Bevilacqua

Could you help me to undrstand this qoute by Sadhguru ?

10 posts in this topic

"Just see things the way they are " something like that. 

What does is really mean ? 

To go beyond our likes and dislike?

To do not judge anything with wrong good ugly beautiful and so on ? 

So I would not have any preferences.

I believe it points to the subject of being present, being in the moment and observe things with a present peaceful mind with no extra thoughts!

1 hour ago, Giulio Bevilacqua said:

"Just see things the way they are"

Try seeing things not the way they are. Can you?

To see it without beliefs, without opinions, without the conceptual "you". Having a cristalized mind, pure reflection like a mirror

10 hours ago, Giulio Bevilacqua said:

"Just see things the way they are " something like that. 

What does is really mean ? 

To go beyond our likes and dislike?

To do not judge anything with wrong good ugly beautiful and so on ? 

So I would not have any preferences.

For me, there's multiple ways to explore this quote

If you're thinking about an object, you see it, raw data, plus your mind assigns meaning, value and thoughts about it and now you don't see it the way it is. This could imply lack of mindfulness. this is one way.

Another way is dependent on states of consciousness. If you're drunk, your perception of one object would be different than a state of being sober, or the state of being emotional, or the state of being high, or the state of waking up in the morning, or the state of being sleepy, or the state of dying, or the state of a meditation high.

Try contemplating this quote using a journal. Question if its true or if true what does it mean for my life/parts of my life. "If true, what does this mean for my career? My relationships? My practices? Etc.

11 hours ago, oMarcos said:

To see it without beliefs, without opinions, without the conceptual "you". Having a cristalized mind, pure reflection like a mirror

I agree fully with this 

11 hours ago, oMarcos said:

Isn't that always the case?

3 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

Isn't that always the case?

No it isn't 

Mindsets, perceptions, perspectives differ people to people. People see reality as how are indoctrinated with certain types of beliefs and teachings.

If there is a glass with little amount of water in it, I would call it half-empty and someone will come and say, hey,  this is half-full. Different perspectives, different distortions of reality. The way to look at things is to get rid of all the different distortions created by different people and that is how you will get the juice out of everything.

I chose to no longer be a member of this forum.