VeganAwake

To seek it is to move away from it.

62 posts in this topic

@VeganAwake That's beautiful.

The illusion of knowledge and the illusion of knowing about the path and the illusion of practice.

The very knowledge acts as obstacle.Creates confusion suffering.on one hand it is clear the very thought intention to meditate intention to do the practice is an illusion.But the sense of me is yet to go and hasn't reached the goal is real.

Even worse knowing the self is just in front of my eyes,nose.There is nothing to do.No need to do anything.It is effortless.No need to meditate.

Yet the illusion is there.

But like @Leo Gura says do the work like @Nahm says please meditate have a routine .@zeroISinfinity says please meditate.

Like you and other master's says.Its enough no need to learn anything about practice path enlightenment.Now the very knowledge is obstacle.Drop it and do the work.

The same reason why ashtavakra Gita is acknowledged by every master but yet they ask don't stop till goal is reached.

????

There are no hard and fast rule to enlightenment. It's not an either-or (either you seek or not). How close are you to living in pure consciousness in your daily life (moment by moment)? This question helped me.

Have you noticed this? We as a human species get to choose how to live our lives. We're not like ants, for example. They don't get to choose. I find that choice in how to live your life counts.

18 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

Billions of people aren't seeking, and they aren't enlightened and they are suffering.

Stopping seeking wouldn't make me enlightened.

While I don't like you negative posts, I think your closer to the majority's current condition.

53 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

This is ridiculous. 

So stopping seeking leads to enlightenment, okay. I will stop seeking for 2 days, and then report back what happened.

Or is 2 days enough?

Enlightenment, here I come!!!!11!11

LOL! No, continue the seeking until you Intuit dropping the seeking. Yes, if you really really really want enlightenment, it can occur right now! Except it won't! Why? Because you can't force enlightenment to happen, enlightenment happens to you. See?Haven't you seen the ten zen herding pictures? 

But do go for the 2 day ultra intense forced enlightenment. I'm curious. Two days from now let me know! You might actually make it.

@Jkris yes...think of it like this. When you are an innocent child you are pure and possess self love. As you get older you start acquiring all kinds of conditioned beliefs about who and what you are. Layers upon layers of illusion that we hold on to and call our selves. 

What I am pointing everyone to, is to completely cease holding on to this illusionary belief of the self.

So it's essentially the falling Away of all the layers and labels of Maya and becoming like a new child again. Or to die before you die.

That is why it's a completely internal event. 

To search for the answer outside of yourself is to move away from it.  And as long as someone holds the belief that something external has to occur before the realization can happen... it will continue to stay just Out Of Reach.(the way that you ego likes it)

With your kind of positive attitude open-mindedness and understanding you will have a better chance than most.

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 hour ago, Mikael89 said:

This is ridiculous. 

So stopping seeking leads to enlightenment, okay. I will stop seeking for 2 days, and then report back what happened.

Or is 2 days enough?

When you just said or is 2 days enough? you just put up a mini roadblock without even knowing it. That's how tricky the mind is. Now it will be just out of Arm's Reach because you have allowed yourself to believe 2 days may not be long enough.

Cease believing your story for 2 days. Drop it all become nobody and find out who you really are. 

TRUST.....

Edited by VeganAwake

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

29 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

While I don't like you negative posts, I think your closer to the majority's current condition.

Negativity and suffering can be a catalyst to take the plunge so yes you are correct... that was the case for me.

@Mikael89

Death is a stripping away of all that is not you. The secret of life is to "die before you die" --- and find that there is no death.

Eckhart Tolle

16 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

@VeganAwake It was just a question. Okay, I decide 2 days is enough.

Good! Stick with it. Don't listen to this 'woke' vegan.  I sense neediness from him to be a spiritual cult leader...

4 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

@Mikael89

Death is a stripping away of all that is not you. The secret of life is to "die before you die" --- and find that there is no death.

Eckhart Tolle

Enlightenment that is quoted is not the same enlightenment.

16 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

People who are engaged in religious or spiritual practices such as yoga prayer meditation chanting or any kind of ritual are practicing techniques which are conditioned, which means they are just part of the ego construct, the seeking and the activity isn't the problem, thinking you have found the answer in some external form is the problem spirituality in its most common form is no different than pathological thinking that is going on everywhere, it is further agitation of the Mind more human doing as opposed to human being. The ego construct wants more money more power more love more of everything. Those on the so-called spiritual path desire to be more spiritual more awake more equanimous more peaceful more enlightened. Samadhi is not about attaining or adding something more to yourself, its to die before you die. 

I'm curious, where did this spiritual superiority complex come from, this looking down on beginners to the practice?

Did it occur from your immense frustration with the practice, or seeing and hearing how the other practitioners are progressing so much more than you? Is it from feeling envy of a spiritual master's accomplishments?

This thread ultimately boils down to impressing a certain guru. Honestly, how can this be otherwise?

51 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Negativity and suffering can be a catalyst to take the plunge so yes you are correct... that was the case for me.

Pardon me, I meant he has a point despite being negative himself.

@Danioover9000 I'm sorry you feel that way, it was not my intention at all.

I used the voice text option a lot so it might sound like my words are lacking The Compassion but I can assure you I have the best intentions for everyone on this forum. I use it to get a lot of information out quickly.( I have 3 kids and I'm married)

I am here to help anyone here and not talk down to anyone. We are equal and ultimately one.

3 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

This is ridiculous. 

Or is 2 days enough?

Seeking is conditional / thinking. Stopping seeking is a condition too, and so is that it leads somewhere, so is 2 days, and that there is something to report, and one to report to, and use of the reporting....and the measurement of 2 days being ‘enough’, lays the groundwork already, for a future contingency, another condition. Likewise, of course, one can not ‘come to’ enlightenment. How sneaky are we?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

24 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

So I'm already enlightened. But then why am I suffering*?*

So I'm supposed to stop seeking.

So I'm supposed to continue seeking.

So I'm not supposed to do anything.

Maybe because you need to question deeply your statement*?*

It's simple: all suffering comes from attachment to impermanent objects. Contemplate this*?*. Also, don't stop seeking. That seeking is helping you build up to something amazing. Keep going!

@Mikael89 and tell me what spiritual method your using for your two day enlightenment retreat. I'm holding you accountable to what you decided. I'm going to do this as well and see how far I go! Looking forward to your report!

Ceasing to seek or believe something is not a conditioned action, it is the opposite.      

A belief leads to a belief system. Not having any beliefs leaves you empty. Not believing in beliefs is also not a belief because it does not lead to any belief structure or system.

Osho used to talk about this non belief/no mind non action a lot.

The great way is not difficult for those who have no preferences.

The question of whether seeking enlightenment is a help or a hindrance is pretty clear amongst the saints and sages throughout time. 

The answer tends to be based around: The seeking itself is the distraction.

Another self-imposed roadblock..

To seek is to move away... to turn within is the only way.

Be mindful of not turning your spiritual practice into just another conceptual effort that only distracts you from realizing the very thing you are seeking.

Such activity is just another obstacle from the egoic mind, one of additional distraction and delusion.

The truth is this—your presence requires no practice whatsoever. There’s nothing you can do to create more awareness within you. All that is needed is to let go of all preconceptions, assumptions, and expectations and abide in the present moment without thinking about the psychological entity you have created for yourself, which you call, 'I'.

If you continue striving to attain something that you already are, then you will forever be occupied with needless busy-work which will only obscure the Truth that is always here and now.

No effort is required to realize your Self—it is the very essence of your beingness which enables this very moment to be perceived.

You are aware. You exist. Just leave that already-obvious realization to be as it is, being empty of anything additional from the mind.

You are the field of infinite consciousness which silently rests underneath each and every sensation. No search can ever locate you, for you are everywhere and everything. You cannot be found, for you are the alert aliveness that knows this present-moment—forever fresh and flowing, never still nor stagnant.

The ultimate realization is that there is no “you” whose efforts you need to control through a strict practice, or whose activities you need to manipulate or correct.

You only need to awaken to that which is already here. You only need to stop imagining yourself to be something you are not. All else will naturally fall into place once you align your conviction of the truth with your undeniable selfless presence of undivided Being.

Drop all opinions and simply be judgement-free. No longer busy yourself with discriminating notions of person, place, or thing. No longer concern yourself with this concept called ‘me’.

What you believe yourself to be is not what you are. Attach yourself to nothing, for you are not a thing. You are That which watches the appearance of all forms and things, while you remain free from them all as the formless presence of absolute nothing.

Abandon all belief and just quietly observe your body, your mind, and the world without giving your energy of attention away to any of the thoughts arising within consciousness.

Be more concerned with the blissful emptiness in which each perception appears, rather than with the objects of perception themselves—this is enlightenment.

Maintain focus on the aware presence which seems to accompany you wherever you go. Know that you are this alive emptiness—the space of consciousness that envelops your entire beingness wherever you go, wherever you are.

You—Awareness—are all-pervading.

As this understanding becomes more clear and vibrant within present consciousness you will realize that in truth, you don't move anywhere, ever—the world moves within you. You, Awareness, remain forever motionless—still, unchanging, deathless, timeless and eternal.

You are Peace itself.

Don’t allow your spiritual practice of meditation, mantra, mindfulness, or self-inquiry to become yet another obstacle to self-realization. While all such activities are of great benefit to the body and mind, if you imbue them too much conceptual effort they will become just another thing you will need to transcend.

Awaken to the effortless simplicity of spontaneity—this is what it means to awaken.

There is no strategy or action plan required. Surrender every idea you have of yourself. Let go of everything (conceptually). Know nothing, believe nothing, and just Be as you already are.

As many teachers have said before, self-realization is simple—just do nothing. If 'you' are doing something then you are missing the entire point! There is no ‘one' to do anything at all—there is no one home! There are only things that appear to be happening, but they remain as nothing but an appearance arising within the awareness that you are, which is your Self.

Notice that every sensation and perception is nothing but a reminder that you are here, that you are now, and that you are the invisible selfless presence which enables all of this to be.

Awaken to the alive spontaneity that is your natural Self.