All_Around_Me

Panic After Meditation, High Blood Pressure And Inability To Fall Asleep

41 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, All_Around_Me said:

@Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj
Thank you for sharing your experience. I feel much relieved now.
@cetus56
Yes, right now I realize that I was reckless.

No, not "reckless", you didn't know. Now you do and we all learned something  here. Stay with what is in harmony with your true nature. That is where everything exists.

@All_Around_Me  Don't worry, you will be Ok. I had an experience of no identity when I was waking up in the morning, and I was so scared because I never had an experience like that before. I was shocked, confused, I couldn't think well. I remember saying my wife that this was the worst nightmare I ever had in my life. I went to the hospital too, because I was so confused I didn't knew who I was for moments, and I forgot everything, then my memory came back, it was crazy... they gave me some pills, etc.

Now I know what it was and I would like to repeat that experience, the ego gets ****ing scared of those experience of nothingness.

Really you had a great experience, after you process it you will realize more and more things... you are going really fast

:-)

Edited by abrakamowse
add comment

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@All_Around_Me Hey, this has happened to me many times.

From a scientific perspective you're going into theta brain wave states with full awareness. Usually these states are only experienced in sleep unconsciously. You go into REM (rapid eye movement sleep) when you are dreaming usually.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapid_eye_movement_sleep

Read the section on what it does to you circulation and respiration.

Your body can tap into massive amounts of energy.

The only way I have been able to calm down is to go for long walks/runs in nature and meditate while moving because it feels like my body will explode if I sit still.

This is supposedly an aspect of the "flow state"

Edited by Mutupo

@Isle of View
I just came back from the park and yes, it felt really relaxing.

2 hours ago, Isle of View said:

@All_Around_MeThe problem with binaural beats is not only the frequency, but also that the frequencies are arranged in a asynchronus way (left/righ ear) and therefore you can end up with unpleasant sensation that have been triggered by this. The brain is not a toy. It should be one of your most valued possesions in this life.

Thank you a lot for an explanation. You are absolutely right.

@cetus56

@abrakamowse
Thank you for sharing your experience! The more I read the more I understand what is actually going on. I also remembered that I had that `empty head sensantion` two times before, but they were so short that I even didn`t bother to question what that actually were. Once, when I was a child and went with my father to watch New Year fireworks. For a short moment I realized that I stopped thinking and that scared me. It was as if I merged with that crowd that was around us. And also when I was dancing for a few hours. I understood that I don`t control my movements and the head was empty. But experience during dancing wasn`t scary at all.

@Mutupo
Thank you! I read that article)

27 minutes ago, All_Around_Me said:

@abrakamowse
Thank you for sharing your experience! The more I read the more I understand what is actually going on. I also remembered that I had that `empty head sensantion` two times before, but they were so short that I even didn`t bother to question what that actually were. Once, when I was a child and went with my father to watch New Year fireworks. For a short moment I realized that I stopped thinking and that scared me. It was as if I merged with that crowd that was around us. And also when I was dancing for a few hours. I understood that I don`t control my movements and the head was empty. But experience during dancing wasn`t scary at all.

That's amazing, it's good that we can share experiences here because you feel more "normal" when you see that others had similar experiences.
I will share some more on my journal in the forum, let us know how are you doing and what insights are you getting. This is nature talking to itself here in the forum hehehe...

-_-

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

@abrakamowse
I went to Self-Actualization Journals and saw a very helpful guide about that panic I had. Now all those reactions and thoughts I had make much more sense. Its great you mentioned journals. I will definitely read more. Thank you once again!

@cetus56
I feel calmer today, thanks) Yes, I got some sleep, actually at first it seemed like some kind of sleeping meditation, because I heard my mum asking me something, but I couldn`t answer. Also I remember having some dreams, so yes) I just understood what is going on (well, its not that I didn`t know what kind of process is that, but at first I thought that nothing essential happened at all, so for two days I was super calm, but then I realized that in fact something did happened, because I started to act absolutely different and then that intense panicking started).
I am really thankfull to everybody, who posted replies in this topic. It helped me a lot.

Cool! Good to know you feel better.

@All_Around_Me I'm so glad to hear that. You had a busy week to say the least. Let it just gel for a while and when you feel ready, do some nice easy breath meditation for relaxation and you'll be just fine. Nobody ever forgets their first time and you will look back on this someday and exchange memories of it with others as we do. You could start a journal too if you want.

@All_Around_Me Good thing Leo started this forum. When it happened to me the first time there was no forum. I didn't know what had happen. I thought I lost my mind or something and nobody answered me on Leo's YouTube channel. After that I stated there that something has to be there when this is experienced for the first time. Some kind of support system. Getting the person to the experience of no-self is one thing, but than what is there to ground someone once the realization happens and it hits them in the face all at once.  Leo should do an in depth video on what the experience is like once that realization happens. That way people wont feel like they are going mad. I remember at the time just desperately wanting someone to talk to. Someone who understood what I had just experienced. It does scare the heck out of a person the first time.

I can`t agree more with you. Having nobody to talk to during such experience is a hell. I had a huge stress because of my mind. When that panick became unbearable I decided to surrender to that feeling and nothing happened. I also remembered Leo talking in one of his videos about suffering caused by resistance. That calmed me a little, but mind continued attacking me. That didn`t reduce stress completely, so yes, luckily such a forum exists.

@All_Around_Me I kept asking the same exact questions you where. "Will I ever feel normal again?" How long does this last? Will it get worse or better? My mind was going a million miles an hour and that was making me feel totally panicked. My family could not understand. I can totally relate and most people here too. Yes that is resistance causing all that useless trouble. But that is hard to see when your mind is spinning out of control.

@All_Around_Me Mooji said something along the lines of: some fruit is sour when you first bite it. As you continue to chew it becomes sweet. That is what this is.

Two days ago I felt my first instance of spaciousness, it was not to your degree but I was scared during my meditation as well. When I heard Mooji say that, it helped me realign my thoughts that ecstasy can be obtained through this very same process that seemed scary and uncomfortable.

@cetus56 Yes, exactly. It is really hard to relax and to accept things as they are, when your mind gives you tons of frightening ideas what happened to you.
@Jakeumz
Yes, you are right. When I had a second experience of emptiness in my head I wasn`t scared, I had a thought that it feels really good. When you are going into this `emptiness` deeper and deeper it feels really great until the moment you notice your ego panicking somewhere at the background)

Mooji about espiritual emergency

:)

@Mutupo Thanks for the video) That was really interesting)

@abrakamowse
Thank you) I wish I knew this before my panic) Thankfully I received help in time)