All_Around_Me

Panic After Meditation, High Blood Pressure And Inability To Fall Asleep

41 posts in this topic

I was meditating using binaural beats and at one point, when I felt `emptiness` in my head and lost the sense of my body and my eyelids began to twitch very fast, I became really scared. I noticed (if I can say so) my own horror, though it felt quite distant. Also I felt an intense pressure in a forehead zone. I stopped to meditate, however the feeling of floating didn`t disappear at once. Also when I came up to a mirror I had a strange feeling that I am looking at myself not from my own eyes. I had a feeling that I expanded. All that scared me a lot and I had a panic. However the next day I felt quite okay. I didn`t meditate for two days (because of fear), but at the same time I wanted to, so I meditated yesterday. Even though I did it without any music I felt that floating sensation and `empty head` once more. After that I panicked as well. That night I woke up after 90 minutes of sleep and couldn`t fall asleep again. I have a high pulse rate and high blood pressure right now. 
Can anybody explain me what actually is going on with me and what should I do? Or can you tell me about techniques that can stabilize my condition? I would be very thankfull.

@All_Around_Me Yea. sounds like you had a nice breakthrough. Good going! You will be just fine. Your first time experiencing this I presume?

@cetus56 Yes, its the first time I got such intense feelings, but I`m afraid to meditate now. And I am quite bothered by the fact I don`t want to sleep at all. How long such state can last? And how can I reduce my fear?

@All_Around_Me You experienced pure awareness. What exists beyond the illusion of what you "thought you were. That is an awakening. You what to fall back into the illusion of self again? Why? It scared me too my first time. Now we are best friends. I can't get enough of that!

@cetus56 Yes, I understood that something changed drastically in me. All my anger just vanished. I started to act like a completely another person. I don`t want to fall back to an illusion, I want to be able to sleep at night)

30 minutes ago, All_Around_Me said:

I had a strange feeling that I am looking at myself not from my own eyes.

@All_Around_Me  This is universal awareness you explain here. Everything in existence shares that. That is what we are. God, the universe, however you see it, That is looking through all our eyes.

@cetus56

9 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@All_Around_Me  This is universal awareness you explain here. Everything in existence shares that. That is what we are. God, the universe, however you see it, That is looking through all our eyes.

Thanks for explaining)
But what about high blood pressure, high pulse rate and inability to sleep? Is that okay or I should visit a doctor and take some medicine? Maybe those are the results of a shock?

51 minutes ago, All_Around_Me said:

binaural beats

Why are you using this frequencies? 

Have you tried standard meditations?

× Chris

@All_Around_Me

1 minute ago, All_Around_Me said:

@cetus56

Thanks for explaining)
But what about high blood pressure, high pulse rate and inability to sleep? Is that okay or I should visit a doctor and take some medicine? Maybe those are the results of a shock?

If you think you don't feel right, by all means see a doctor.

3 minutes ago, All_Around_Me said:

Thanks for explaining)

The problem with binaural beats is, that it stimulates your brain and your nervous system. And maybe your brain is not prepared for this kind of stimulation. These are artificially created sounds and they are not long term tested. Nowadays too much of it popps up and people think it's something good. It's not. It can bring  your  brain/heart coherency out of ballance.

Please consider using proven methods of meditation, spiritual process or self-inquiry.

Kind regards, 
Chris

@Isle of View
Thank you for the explanation. Yes, I tried standard meditation and had the same sensations after that. Do you know how I can get ballance again?

@All_Around_Me Go out and do something you really like to do. Have some fun. Enjoy yourself and relax. That's the best medicine for the mind.

8 minutes ago, All_Around_Me said:

Do you know how I can get ballance again?

2 minutes ago, All_Around_Me said:

I hope it will help.

@All_Around_Me   What B-beats were you using?

I was awake for almost 50 hours after an enlightenment experience. And I wasn't even tired. After being awake for about 40 hours I took a fucking run in the woods. Had to go to the hopital where I got sleeping pills. This shit can be scary but really it's hilarious when you look back on it so you shouldn't worry about this stuff. Just the ego doing its thing....

Hallå

@All_Around_Me I'll check it out. I used to do ?436hz or something like that . Yea, it got a little weird and I stopped listening.

5 minutes ago, Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj said:

I was awake for almost 50 hours after an enlightenment experience. And I wasn't even tired. After being awake for about 40 hours I took a fucking run in the woods. Had to go to the hopital where I got sleeping pills. This shit can be scary but really it's hilarious when you look back on it so you shouldn't worry about this stuff. Just the ego doing its thing....

So true. I felt like I had a foot in each world for a couple of days. Good thing I didn't have to go to work or I would have to of called out sick. It was the worst hang over I ever had.

@All_Around_Me

Going into nature, "hugging" some trees and some work with the earth should help.

Just relax in the presence of nature, sit down under an old oak tree. Breath.

All will be good.

The problem with binaural beats is not only the frequency, but also that the frequencies are arranged in a asynchronus way (left/righ ear) and therefore you can end up with unpleasant sensation that have been triggered by this. The brain is not a toy. It should be one of your most valued possesions in this life. 

Kind regards, 
Chris