ardacigin

Leo, What is your current spiritual practice?

35 posts in this topic

Hey Leo! I'm really curious how your practice is going. Especially,

- What specific practices and techniques do you do daily? Both in formal and informal sessions? 

- For how long do you practice on average per day?

- What are some of your roadblocks in your spiritual development? What are the challenges you are trying to overcome these days?

- What are some of the positive effects this practice is creating in your life and spiritual development?

Edited by ardacigin

I don't have any formal practice right now. I just live life and try to be conscious.

But this is not good advice to follow for newbies.

Your practice will change depending on where you are in your path. So be careful comparing yourself to others. Find what you need right now.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Have you stabilized your awakening experiences? Would you consider yourself enlightened, using the definition from mastering the core teachings of the Buddha, whereby you no longer suffer from delusions of a stable self? How have you changed from when you first began self inquiry to now?  

10 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Leo Gura Have you stabilized your awakening experiences?

Hard to say because that could mean so many things.

There's definitely been some permanent evolution, but still more to go.

Would you consider yourself enlightened, using the definition from mastering the core teachings of the Buddha, whereby you no longer suffer from delusions of a stable self?

No

I'm not really concerned with meeting people's definitions but just exploring my own consciousness deeper and deeper. I've sort of given up on the idea of attaining some permanent end-state. I'm always becoming conscious of more and more stuff, so I'm just following that wherever it leads me.

How have you changed from when you first began self inquiry to now?  

So much it's hard to explain.

@Leo Gura Do you have any advice for someone trying to self actualize in the conventional sense; for example, establishing an amazing relationship, excelling in sports and work, experiencing frequent peak experiences and spending significant amount of time in flow. I do self inquiry work for at least an hour a day, but i don't really know if this work is going to bring me towards self actualization like i wanted it to. Do you have any interest in this kind of stuff anymore?

@Raptorsin7 I have many books on my book list which teach that stuff. Read and implement.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't have any formal practice right now. I just live life and try to be conscious.

But this not good advice to follow for newbies.

Your practice will change depending on where you are in your path. So be careful comparing yourself to others. Find what you need right now.

Beautiful. Definitely not good advice for early on, but at some point there can be a letting go (for some they simply say 'fuck it!' after decades of seeking) and then it can be seen that the search itself is separation. The practice once taken far enough is seen as part of the problem (but again, not for most of the time). It's paradoxical, but paradox is all that's left when meaning falls away. 

2 hours ago, herghly said:

You don't even do kriya daily?

Not right now.

@Leo Gura  what is worth more to you, gaining insights into the nature of God, or full blown stabilized Enlightenment? The kind Ralston spoke of when he went all super saiyan zen (he acted all angry about states)? 

Edited by Consilience

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Kind of the same here. Perhaps I should stop trying to give such advice to newbies :D

1 hour ago, Consilience said:

@Leo Gura  what is worth more to you, gaining insights into the nature of God, or full blown stabilized Enlightenment? The kind Ralston spoke of when he went all super saiyan zen (he acted all angry about states)? 

They are not opposites. They go hand in hand. If anything Ralston was talking about insight.

1 hour ago, Truth Addict said:

Kind of the same here. Perhaps I should stop trying to give such advice to newbies :D

@Truth Addict You love the smell of your own shit, don't you?

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I've sort of given up on the idea of attaining some permanent end-state..

Hurrah! Now that is a valuable preliminary insight; its just a pity that your vids don't stress this enough with your notions which suggest the opposite eg Absolute Truth. Ditch the "sort of" and then proceed. IME/O if you really embody this you will reduce your hubris which makes the truth of what you say more "credible" (limitations of language noted).

3 hours ago, herghly said:

I’m confused why you would stop all practices 

Byron Katie talks about how after you’ve done The Work for a while, it ‘wakes up inside of you. It will undo beliefs on its own.’  It’s really the same with all meditation techniques. If you do it for a long while, your mind will do it on its own. Then you can just stop.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Really guys do you think stopping will automatically take you to the ultimate truth?? To get the benefits of your awakening spiritual practices must go on until you reach the no mind state....If your awakening was legit you may get liberated in this life but you wouldn't be able to live a total non dual life without doing some spiritual sadhana...