Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AudibleLocket

How to Cultivate Equanimity ?

6 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, AudibleLocket said:

On a daily routine.

@AudibleLocket Contemplate your own death and fully accept it. If you dont reject or fear death, what is there to reject or fear?

The Buddhist have a meditation where they contemplate their own decaying corpse as a way to accept the ultimate impermanence. Many people dont like this for obvious reasons - they fear death and dont accept it. They would rather sweep this under the rug and focus on the warm and fuzzies.

This is a great place to start.

Edited by Matt8800

Learn Vipassana techniques. Vipassana meditation is very effective at cultivating equanimity. I won't try to describe it here because I'm not Vipassana teacher. You can find great resources on the web, or better yet with a local meditation centre, or retreat.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@AudibleLocket

Meditate daily.

Eat clean, for well being & clarity.

Establish a dream board, visit it daily, add to it, allow it to change as your dream expands. 

Write down arising thoughts / perspectives, and their opposites on paper daily.

Release emotion at every inward arising opportunity, and relax your mind and body, over & over, all day, everyday.

Over time, the nature of thought / duality will become more and more clear, as will your mind. By default, the wonders of your true nature will fill your body, mind, and life. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

A Vipassana retreat would be perfect for equanimity. That's the essence of Vipassana.

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.