Alex bliss

Socialization is better than meditation??

27 posts in this topic

@hamedsf if that's the case then dude you shouldn't be here cuz anything u talk about the truth is the opposite of truth so in that sense why are you even here?? If it ain't your dysfunctional brain then whose brain is it ...Yall know truth can't be spoken or objectify yet we can still try to help out with our dualistic nature as much as possible...

18 minutes ago, hamedsf said:

did I claim such a thing? I just pointed out a dysfunctional part of ur mind which is eager to compare things in a dualistic way, yup, and the dysfunctionality of my mind could manifest in other ways!

Isn't your resistance towards dualism equally dysfunctional then? You are the one dividing thinking patterns into "good" and "bad", and you are the one projecting onto him a problem that might not even be there.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

if god is experiencing all of it why should there be a separation? but of course we can think about the productivity of socializing and realize that sometimes it seems to not lead anywhere constructive, then it might be more destructive. returning to a meditation practice in both cases will probably give one more understanding about the nature of the case - there is no better or worse to it, but socializing can open the mind beyond own limitations. i wonder what everyone is doing on a forum solipsising or socializing?

Edited by remember

22 hours ago, Alex bliss said:

@hamedsf if that's the case then dude you shouldn't be here cuz anything u talk about the truth is the opposite of truth so in that sense why are you even here?? If it ain't your dysfunctional brain then whose brain is it ...Yall know truth can't be spoken or objectify yet we can still try to help out with our dualistic nature as much as possible...

maybe...

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

Socialization is mental stimulation. Positive mental stimulations are healthy for the mind and can provide extra benefits for meditation practices. If you socialize in a healthy manner that feels right for you, you'll get those benefits. Plus,  self expression and interaction can also become very spiritual.

It probably depends on each person's current conditions and development.  For me, I can say that I need socializing at this moment more than meditation since I've had huge obstacles to it and have neglected it for a long time.  That doesn't mean to not meditate.  For me, it means simply not devoting as much time to spirituality and studying and making more room for socializing.  I get really depressed and anxious if I'm not with other people at the moment.  So, I plan on developing more social connections.  Perhaps further down the road I'll outgrow those too and go back to more solitary things, except, hopefully, in a healthier way.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

On 27/09/2019 at 0:11 AM, BuddhaTree said:

If you were to "socialize" with the Buddha, Jesus Christ, Ramana Maharshi, Milarepa, Krishna, Rumi, etc, then that would probably be better than any meditation you can do right now.

That would be some night out.