Radical

Who are the serious intellectuals today?

7 posts in this topic

There is none left. The smartest intellectuals became smart enough to realise life is a cosmic joke and hence became playful and lighthearted instead xD

@Radical unfortunately they're dead and we're left with cookie cutter clones of the likes of Lawrence Krauss and Richard Dawkins. 

I've never seen a more deluded rationalist than Neil de Grasse Tyson or Lawrence Krauss in my life. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

On 27.9.2019 at 11:22 PM, lmfao said:

@Radical unfortunately they're dead and we're left with cookie cutter clones of the likes of Lawrence Krauss and Richard Dawkins. 

I've never seen a more deluded rationalist than Neil de Grasse Tyson or Lawrence Krauss in my life. 

@Radical why are Richard Dawkins and Lawrence Krauss “cookie cutter clones”?

I don't know if i consider Sam Harris a "serious intellectual" but some of his podcasts are really informative, and I feel like i'm a smarter person for having listened to his podcast.