Ross Labby

Should I Try Smoking Weed?

22 posts in this topic

For the past few months of watching this content and becoming familiar with psychedelics and their power to transcend one's own state of consciousness and give mystical insights, I have highly considered trying them in my life. Part of me is a little hesitant as of now since I'm thinking that it would be best to try them when my brain has fully developed (I'm only 19) and when I am a little more spiritually developed as well (I feel that they may be too powerful and intense for me as of now). However, during these past few months I have also considered the possibility of smoking weed as well, or at least trying it once rather than it becoming a regular habit. Now based on many of the research that I have done, there seems to be many pros and cons on each side. Now the reason that I want to try weed at least once is that I want to experience some insights (creative or mystical) and get in touch with myself deeper. Now based on what I have heard, psychedelics are a lot more intense in every way than that of weed. Part of me does think that weed would be a good stepping stone into psychedelics. Although, one of the things that I worry about is if weed becomes an addiction, which I hear can become common for people. But then again I am not necessarily interested in making this into a routine or habit, but instead just want to try it at least once. Obviously I know that I would need to take the appropriate dosage, but I am just scared that if I take it this one time it may fuck me up in some way.

So anyways, do you think that I should smoke weed or not? Is there harm in trying it once or a few times? What are your perspectives on it? Also, feel free to share any experiences to keep me better informed :)

@Leo Gura it seems to me that your views on weed are mixed. Do you believe that its effects are more positive or negative to an individual?

Thank you for reading! :)

"Do or do not. There is no try." ;)

As a general rule I don't like to smoke anything to avoid harming the lungs.

If I was gonna do weed, I would take a pure THC extract tincture sublingually.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

yeah do it. smoking is fine... your lungs can heal themselves (as long as its not being done every day)

Definitely do it in a safe environment (where u are free from life responsibilities) and have a friend around with which you can share the experience with...

I don't know how sensitive you are...but a couple puffs of a small joint will be sufficient. However a small dose of edibles might be cool too (but smoking is nice)

Watch a nature documentary or play some music...weed has this amazing quality to make everything so much more interesting and profound.

Just don't make it a habit dude. I smoked weed almost every day for a few years...its disgusting when done too frequently

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

Cannabis was a huge mind-opener for me. Have entered deep states of consciousness and seemingly entered other realities on it in the past. Although over time, its lost this effect even though I do it infrequently now.

I would try smoking (use organic rolling papers/cones) and do some deep contemplation. See how that effects you.

Then to go even deeper, I would try and edible on a separate occasion afterward. Highly recommend grinding up the herb and making your own edible with it (super easy to do) you get the THC and the other active cannabiniods and terpenes as opposed to just a pure THC extract, which doesn't feel nearly as spiritual in my experience. Be careful, edibles can flip your reality upside down if you take enough. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

@Ross Labby in my perspective thc is one of the most underestimated addictive negative drugs with potential psychotic effects. i also see people getting more self biased, and especially men developing attitudes that are repellent for me. most weed addicts are in denial about it massively. they deny their addiction more than they deny suggar addiction. especially if you have some kind of social anxiety, weed will make that worse, not better. you can`t even say how you will react to it in advance because it is the one drug that really works irrational as it is not interfering with a special transmitter but inhibiting certain kinds of neurons which are differently wired in every brain. if you like psychedelics, you really don`t need weed.

Edited by remember

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

"Do or do not. There is no try." ;)

As a general rule I don't like to smoke anything to avoid harming the lungs.

If I was gonna do weed, I would take a pure THC extract tincture sublingually.

Then you'd miss out on the psychedelic potential of the herb. You want to have a full spectrum THC/CBD/THCA/CBDA ect.. the plant in nature has all of these for a reason and if you get some organically grown, medical grade cannabis its been shown that its superior healing and protective effects neutralize any harm caused by its smoke. Its unmatched by any plant in the world when it comes to medical potential. If your still worried just swallow a full spectrum cannabis oil capsule or two instead of an extract because you miss out on soo much, terpenes, cannabinoids, enzymes, everything that has been created by nature is there for a reason, the (whole-body) is key and communication/energetic exchange is way off with only a singled out molecule.

Here's a note i saved on differences of effects on 4-Aco-DMT and Psilocybin.

It’s important to understand that ingesting pure psilocybin by itself is very different from the cocktail of chemicals a person receives after eating magic mushrooms. All the psychoactive compounds in magic mushrooms (like baeocystin, norbaeocystin, norpsilocin, and aeruginascin) work together to produce the overall psychedelic experience for the user. For example, researchers have noted that aeruginascin has a synergistic effect on the pharmacological action of psilocybin in magic mushrooms.7 Specifically, Jochen Gartz says, “Aeruginascin seems to modify the pharmacological action of psilocybin to give an always euphoric mood during ingestion of the mushrooms.” In the world of medical cannabis, this synergy is known as the entourage effect.

Same thing applies to Cannabis Sativa and anything else naturally created by nature. There's so much more too it, science is nowhere near those who are in tune with this level of understanding. The sages and mystics have always been aware of these things.

Synthetic and singled-out molecules lack depth thus lack healing potential to what we really need for a more (full-body) experience. This is why sometimes we feel out of whack and back to the same ditch shortly after synthetics because man messes with natural design and thinks he can do better than what's been evolving and perfecting life/itself for billions of years.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

I take a full spectrum CBD oil. It has no psychedelic effect. It's just for health.

If you want a high you can take THC the same way.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I take a full spectrum CBD oil. It has no psychedelic effect. It's just for health.

If you want a high you can take THC the same way.

From talking to a lot of people who've smoked a lot of cannabis, they say that the trip is much more organic when they consume strains that are balanced with thc and cbd. In strains that are higher in thc but low in cbd they say it doesn't quite feel right but its better if your intent is for entertainment rather than spiritual work.

If I'm not mistaken people have been selectively breeding cannabis for strains more potent in thc and the numbers have changed drastically over the last 30 years or so. The cannabis used nowadays (high thc-low cbd) is probably not what the hindu sadhus have been using. 

I like to use cannabis for entertainment and in the sake of being high.

@pluto You ever make an edible with that organically grown cannabis? 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Salutations Ross Labby,

13 hours ago, Ross Labby said:

...only 19...  ...considered the possibility of smoking weed...

Smoking "joints" is a habit inherited after an invention patented by James Albert Bonsack who got rich by rendering the cigarette format commercially viable, which never really acounted for public health considerations since 1880 ~ 1881...  So maybe it's quite about time for some healthwise update, hence please do yourself a great service by including non-combustion consumption methods in your opions!

;)

As a matter of fact i'd also point out such choice might prove crucial by significantly influencing your future user profile, for example a ~300 mg "joint" filled with potent THC-centric cannabis may already invite potential abuse, especially at 19.  For starters it depends if it's being shared or not...  Anyway, it would be too late to realize the initiation went wrong by the time you realize your need for "Tolerance Breaks" becomes more frequent.  As a result i personally promote a toke-by-toke method, e.g. one that doesn't engage the user into stretching his "session" beyond what's actually sufficient in terms of dosage.  In addition to gaining some degree of self-awareness between each toke i consider a habit ain't very satisfying if it doesn't also include a fair appreciative dimension, vastly based on aroma/taste in this most particular case;  one major challenge being to do "more with less".

...one of the things that I worry about is if weed becomes an addiction...

IMO marginal/dysfunctional consumption issues often suggest there's been repeted abuse, which is why i point an accusating finger directly at the tool rather than the substance, because i recall when i used to smoke there was a difficult dilema to resolve between my urge to seek the ultimate toke vs a desire to "conserve" by avoiding loss from multiple igniting/extinctions, using the tool illustrated below (labelled as a "Tokeu"):

Combustion vs Vaporization (2017-Feb-28) [400x300] .PNG

There couldn't be a worse consumption tool for me, on top of being about combustion smoke.  It rapidly led into a spiral as the more i tried the less i seemed to succeed.  Not to mention that smoking actually destroys a large amount of noble molecules for no other prupose than to maintain the fire alive.

...not necessarily interested in making this into a routine or habit...

That's a perfect objection to investing on something which costs more than paper & glue, while still having your consumption profile shaped by it.

^_^

Now i propose we get a closer look at one fundamental challenge:

African Tom (2015-Dec-16) [640x480] .PNG

The goal is to transfer to your bloodstream (via inhalation) a fair dose of the noble substances conveniently collected (practically "filtered") at the site of genesis on a molecular basis, delivered in natural packaging known as trichome glands...  Assuming this is "bio" quality cannabis i'd strongly suggest to avoid any form of potential vilification by following "The Shortest Path of Lesser Transformation", which in my own case involves discrimination of the tiny "frosted" features in an approximative Pulse Heating scenario.

Other solutions exist as well, though some trades-offs must be agreed in exchange for a prefered aspect.  Stealthy pen comes to mind, etc.  Which is one of the multiple possible forms of self-vilification as far as i'm concerned.

In any case good day, have fun!!  B|

Edited by Egzoset
Proof-reading.

7 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

@pluto You ever make an edible with that organically grown cannabis? 

Yes many times, i prefer to make capsules its much easier than always having to make a cake or something unhealthy. You could always use healthy ingredients but capsules just so much easier and especially when you wanna have deeper experiences you know how much to take.

@The Blind Sage Yes indeed. I source my seeds from Himalayan and other rural Mountain regions around the world where minimal breeding or manipulation has occurred on these seeds so the highs are always more "psychedelic" as the natural balance of chemicals is still intact. I never touch street or store bud. Always grow your own heirloom or land-race strains if you can, you learn some much :)

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

Marijuana puts you in touch with your subconscious by producing strong theta waves while still awake.  It is amazing for shadow work.  But gets addictive when using it for fun or for chasing the feeling of being high. So be careful and try to only use it ceremoniously. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

9 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Marijuana puts you in touch with your subconscious by producing strong theta waves while still awake.  It is amazing for shadow work.  But gets addictive when using it for fun or for chasing the feeling of being high. So be careful and try to only use it ceremoniously. 

@seeking_brilliance Any sources or videos you know of that go into more depth on this specifically? Or is this just a conclusion you made. Curious because I’ve been searching the web trying to find this kind of info as it pertains to marijuana. The vast majority of stuff is either stoner hedonism or strict “anti-drug” spirituality lol.

@TrynaBeTurquoise just experience and from sharing experience with others. I could smoke a small bowl and lay down and stuff just bubbles up to the surface. Things going on now, things I've long forgotten, and new interesting ways of planning for the future.  It's great stuff. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

I first tried marijuana at the age of 13 because I lived in a bad neighborhood and had no choice but to smoke weed. After a while, I found out about cannabis and cbd oils that had a much better effect than Smoking marijuana, which is why I started ordering from online at knockoutcbd. I didn't know any other places at that time, and I saw a lot of positive reviews on this website, so I tried it. After a few orders, I became a regular customer because it's a useful tool man, you know what I mean? Just try it and you'll feel it for yourself

5-HT2A psychedelics are in a sense "stronger" than cannabis, but they really aren't on the same axis. Apples and oranges.

Cannabis suppresses your memory, making you feel "in the moment," it enhances the senses, and it can make for some pretty profoundly altered thought-spaces. Very energizing to the thinking-feeling mind, for me. For many people, cannabis can almost seem to mimic low-grade psychosis -- I mean... that's basically what paranoia is. It's a hallucinogen and effects can vary hugely from person to person -- some people actually trip from weed.

Psychedelics are quite different. They're a fucking transcendent experience. And every psychedelic has its own unique signature -- types of visuals; the way things look; the way they make reality seem sharper (LSD) or blurred (mushrooms); how clear-headed they are; how immersive the visuals; how likely they are to cause varying degrees of ego-dissolution, memory-suppression, and ego-death; etc. They can take you places... and sometimes, not all of you comes back from these places.

To everyone who responded, I would like to say thank you for your advice and comments! I'm sorry I hadn't responded back a lot sooner to the replies in this post. I must have gotten high and forgotten all about them! ;) 

This advice has helped me quite a bit. Ever since I had made this post in September 2019 (Woah, a long time ago) I have ingested weed in the form of edible capsules lots of times. I have to say that it is a pretty great tool for expanding one's own mind and creativity (especially with my music). Personally, I haven't had any problems with addiction to it, as I do not take edibles daily or often. Since they are pretty powerful (depending on the dose), I take them sporadically. Also this past year I have come to believe that I have OCD, so I am a lot more cautious when it comes to using such a substance since I worry that weed may make matters (such as my anxiety and intrusive thoughts) worse. With that being said though, most of my experiences have been great and mind-opening as well! 

So again, I would like to thank y'all for the advice and enjoy the high life B|