VictorB02

Nobody to talk to on this path

9 posts in this topic

Just a question for all of you, I have this build up of excitement and amazement for this path and everything you want to share with everyone meaningful in your life... then you go and talk to them about it and not only do they not understand or talk with you about it but it puts off a very religious and pushing vibe. I’ve struggled with this as it truly is my passion and I want to share that with the people I love, but I just can’t do it without pushing people away from it. I’ve told them that my door is always open if they are interested.

anyone have any solutions or similar situations and how they worked through it? I know Leo has a video on loneliness on the path and I’m going to rewatch it. Thank you.

Edited by VictorB02

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

@VictorB02 If you become enlightened, the people around you will definitely notice. Self mastery has a quality that attracts people like nothing else. So get enlightened, then you may teach.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise thank you, I’m sure it has to do with their curiosity and the fact that your eyes gleam like you’re sitting on top of box and they really want to know what’s in that box. But if I’m like “look! Look! Look in the box!” It makes them not want too.

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

I have the same response when I talk about programming computers to my loved ones. My advice is to talk to people who care about it, not to those that don't.

But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe my passion about computers is not strong enough to get through to people?

All stories and explanations are false.

@How to be wise You tell me. ?

You are those people. You are the Universe. You can't lie to it really. 

Path is about discovering What You really are. 

What You really are is THIS. ❤️

If you come across all evangelical, most people are on the defensive because they think you're out to convert them. I agree with the others. Do your work and let it transform you into a better, happier person, and that will attract people instead. 

Everything is connected, but connections are only necessary from a fragmented point of view. What's the connection between two waves? The whole deep ocean which they are made of in the first place!

The trick is you have to start slow and build up. Begin with simple life improvement techniques. If they are prone for enlightenment, then it will become an interest for them later down the road that you can help them with. Otherwise yes you sound like a crazy evangelical. Be happy that you can help them improve their life, and for many of them, that's enough. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@VictorB02 you can also email certain spiritual teachers, enlightened people and such. You might be surprised how many are willing to set up Skype or phone conversation. 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi