Nivsch

How can we know its not all come from the brain?

125 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

It is. That's the whole point that I was trying to make.

There is no actual awareness. If there was, then we would have been able to point to it.

Why do you believe that?

Pointing to awareness is like a finger trying to point to itself or a knife trying to cut itself.

4 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

Yes.

If you don't think about it.

Ok, in a sertain type of way, yes.

But you do realize that every word is dual, in the way that the word makes a distincion between what it is pointing to and everything else, right?

34 minutes ago, Leeeon said:

Why do you believe that?

Pointing to awareness is like a finger trying to point to itself or a knife trying to cut itself.

Who said that?

The truth is the truth. The assumption is that awareness is the truth. Do you see the futility in that assumption? It's the source of duality. To transcend it is to realise non-duality.

34 minutes ago, Leeeon said:

Ok, in a sertain type of way, yes.

But you do realize that every word is dual, in the way that the word makes a distincion between what it is pointing to and everything else, right?

That is only when you analyse language/thought with language/thought. When you don't, you simply abide in non-dual awareness, which is nothing special, really, since it's always the case unless you think otherwise.

Edited by Truth Addict

@Nivsch Are you aware of your circular reasoning here? What is pointed out here is suspend your preconceived notions such as " Neurons being responsible for the experience " and so forth and live out the experiment yourself. No words, no screwing around with concepts, just be........................................

9 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

It is. That's the whole point that I was trying to make.

There is no actual awareness. If there was, then we would have been able to point to it.

That’s the paradox of formlessness (awareness). It is literal nothing. You cannot point to nothing and yet it is the underlying nature of reality. Whenever one tries to talk about it yes of course duality arises. Real awareness, real formlessness, real nothingness can only be pointed to with language, and one can only become conscious of this absolute via itself. Awareness knows itself by being itself, awareness cannot point to itself. This is the key insight you misunderstand. To deny awareness is to deny your very direct experience.

4 minutes ago, Consilience said:

That’s the paradox of formlessness (awareness). It is literal nothing. You cannot point to nothing and yet it is the underlying nature of reality. Whenever one tries to talk about it yes of course duality arises. Real awareness, real formlessness, real nothingness can only be pointed to with language, and one can only become conscious of this absolute via itself. Awareness knows itself by being itself, awareness cannot point to itself. This is the key insight you misunderstand. To deny awareness is to deny your very direct experience.

You think I misunderstand it. But I don't understand it at all. I AM IT.

14 minutes ago, Consilience said:

@Truth Addict then why say something as silly as “there’s no actual awareness” ?

Because it's none of your business how I use the pointers. Does undermining awareness trigger you?

14 minutes ago, Consilience said:

@Truth Addict Who is aware at this supposed lack of awareness? 

No one is aware of anything. Awareness is a lie.

Edited by Truth Addict

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yup, within the dream. The dream has rules that you've imagined.

Careful to distinguish relative vs absolute truths.

After realizing life is a dream, why can't you break the rules you yourself have imagined? Levitate, cure AIDS, turn Donald Trump into puff of hot air? If I recognize in sleep that I'm dreaming I can break laws of physics, so why not while "awake"?

14 minutes ago, crab12 said:

After realizing life is a dream, why can't you break the rules you yourself have imagined? Levitate, cure AIDS, turn Donald Trump into puff of hot air? If I recognize in sleep that I'm dreaming I can break laws of physics, so why not while "awake"?

In your personal dreams you are the one dreaming all the characters and environment therefore you can manipulate the rules if you are lucid, but in the awake dream you are just one of the characters but your higher self is the one who is dreaming that dream and who set the rules not to be broken, so your own ego doesnt have the power to do that because it is just a small part of it.

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

2 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

Because it's none of your business how I use the pointers. Does undermining awareness trigger you?

No one is aware of anything. Awareness is a lie.

? nah no triggering but your response makes me laugh. Have a great day good sir. Im glad you’re aware that no one is aware and that you’re aware awareness is a lie ;) 

24 minutes ago, Consilience said:

? nah no triggering but your response makes me laugh. Have a great day good sir. Im glad you’re aware that no one is aware and that you’re aware awareness is a lie ;) 

Lol "awareness is a lie" is just going to deeply confuse and misguide people. Awareness is just a word itself pointing to something that can't be described in words. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

In my sleeping dreams, I often discovered that I was formless and shifted into different characters.

It was creepy. My memory was partially or completely overwritten whenever I became a new character in my dream.

Shape-shifting is not something that I enjoy unless I am having a good sex in my dream.

The degree to which I retained my memory seemed proportional to the degree to which I was awakened in my sleeping dream.

As soon as I realized the dream was dream, the dream became lucid, and I could control it. I liked being God in my dream.

If you wake up from your sleeping dream, you remember everything.

Edited by CreamCat

1 hour ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Lol "awareness is a lie" is just going to deeply confuse and misguide people. Awareness is just a word itself pointing to something that can't be described in words. 

Bingo 

5 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

There's literally no such thing as awareness. It's not a thing. It's nothing.

17 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

There's literally no such thing as awareness. It's not a thing. It's nothing.

No, you are not aware of what awareness is. It is the fabric that everything is constructed of, physical or not physical, at the existential level. That includes both something and nothing, welcome to to non-duality.

@TrynaBeTurquoise

**Welcome to dogma.

Yes, I am not aware. There's no such thing as 'something' and 'nothing'.

Sure it will confuse a lot of people, you could be one of them, because it fucks with their non-duality ideology. People couldn't find awareness, so they started worshipping the concept 'awareness'. People are already deeply confused and misguided. Undermining awareness could break their fantasies.

Edited by Truth Addict

28 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@TrynaBeTurquoise

**Welcome to dogma.

Yes, I am not aware. There's no such thing as 'something' and 'nothing'.

Sure it will confuse a lot of people, you could be one of them, because it fucks with their non-duality ideology. People couldn't find awareness, so they started worshipping the concept 'awareness'. People are already deeply confused and misguided. Undermining awareness could break their fantasies.

One saying that non-duality is an ideology has not actualized it in their direct experience. If you are closed off to this, you can't possibly know what you don't know. Concept awareness is not awareness itself, but its used as a tool to point to the real thing

Edited by TrynaBeTurquoise

@TrynaBeTurquoise

There's no such thing as 'concept awareness' and 'actual/real awareness'. There's no such thing as a distinction to begin with.

Try pointing down the concept. You can't.

Try pointing down awareness. You can't.

I call ideology from the without, not from the within. Non-duality eventually undermines itself, or it becomes an ideology.

No offence, but your mind (which is a metaphor) seems to be struggling to find a land to stand on, while there aren't any.

Edited by Truth Addict

3 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

@TrynaBeTurquoise

There's no such thing as 'concept awareness' and 'actual/real awareness'. There's no such thing as a distinction to begin with.

Try pointing down the concept. You can't.

Try pointing down awareness. You can't.

I call ideology from the without, not from the within. Non-duality eventually undermines itself, or it becomes an ideology.

No offence, but your mind (which is a metaphor) seems to be struggling to find a land to stand on, while there aren't any.

No, you just havent tapped into it in your direct experience and are spreading toxic ideas confusing people on a forum instead of doing inner work. Theres no such thing as anything but yet such a thing as everything, non-duality is total nothingness and everythingness at the same time, thats the big picture here.

Actuality on the contrary you are a prime example of what happens when one tries to over-intellectualize everything which clouds the ability to make spiritual growth. Which in a sense others can see what is really going on here, so carry on with your half baked ideas, and hope you find fulfillment in your life.

Edited by TrynaBeTurquoise

10 hours ago, crab12 said:

The 'you' who wants to break the rules is not the real You. The real You wants the rules to be just as they are.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions