Alex bliss

Do you guys believe in Astrology??

18 posts in this topic

Somewhat, vedic astrology reflects quite a bit about the stuff that's happening in my life and how my personality is wired.

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves."

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

There are some good psychic readers who can predict your future 80% accurately and past 95% accurately. And there are some who empty your pocket without any good contributions 

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

9 hours ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

@Mikael89 wow you're so smart

but he is right, that's bullshit.

Yes but reading the signs isn't nearly as powerful as appreciating the sky, moon, stars and planets in dumb thoughtless appreciation and wonder. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 hour ago, Aeris said:

but he is right, that's bullshit.

It's not, read something about mercury retrograde and what's happening right now. 

Btw, telling things like "only thing that is right is awereness" is just being an arrogant prick. Of course only this is true, but we live on a fucking Earth, inside a "dream", none of that is true, but that's where we operate from right now, this fucking moment. 

Writing "enlightened quotes" like that is just ego level 999. 

Edited by 28 cm unbuffed

I am coming around to believing in Astrology.

If there is no free will then what are the chances the events to unfold are already predetermined.

I read an online chart of my birth date and the description of my personality partly matched. 

I tend to keep an open eye with horoscope too. Haven't really tracked the success of it to respective readings, maybe it's time.

Someone knows anyone online, kindly suggest :)

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

Ofc not, and the (majority of) people who believe in it just use it to discriminate, like race

Tarot, astrology, Oracle Cards, divination, runes... all of it is fun as hell!

@Alex bliss Zodiac signs often give a decent generalization of potential personality traits. 

I ask most ppl I talk to their zodiac sign, for fun. My sign is the communicator of all the zodiac signs. I got in trouble for talking soooo much  in grammar school, its not even funny. Ok, kinda funny. xD

Now I can control it, mostly, but if I set my mind to it, I can essentially have a conversation with the most socially inept communicator known to man. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Mikael89

Dunno dude, there is a lot of "out there", "woo woo" stuff that is unbelievable first and then you're like "wtf it works".

I came from materialist, left-hemosphere, logical thinking too, now I'm into ezoteric concepts and it blows my mind.

It's your stage, maybe someday you'll understand that.

It's a model with some amount of accuracy. You decide if it's one worth using. They're tools. Use them when the case fits. Do you believe in a hammer or do you just use it? 

No point in bickering about if a model is true or not. Nobody can take your experience away from you. No map can fully describe all of this anyway. 

Edited by Shadowraix

Suppose I wrote 12 personality descriptions. different types, nothing too exotic or strange but each different to an a extent

Then if we took the U.S. population as an example

then give each if them a card at random with one of the 12 personalities described

Randomly some millions of the total group will say "that's not me"
Some millions will say " that's kind of me"
and some millions will say "that's me exactly"

The millions where it's a match or near match if they did not understand these probabilities
they might include "Astrology is accurate, I read my chart and that's me to a T "

Again we have 329,769,902 .   Let's say Astrology has no merit whatsoever.  Even if that's the case their birth dates will get assigned astrological personality attributes. Even if that assignment is completely at random a certain percentage, millions,  will be a match. 
Suppose you are rolling dice hoping for 7 you roll and you don't roll a 7.   Oh well
Now ask 50 people not aware of each other to roll the dice and you will use your mind to make 7 appear. A percentage of then will roll 7 and may think you made it happen with with your mind or used a trick yet neither was employed.  Random probabilities sometimes result positively but people misinterpret the cause. 

Only knowing your zodiac sign is too superficial. It's a model as stated before and there is some truth to astrology, but you have to go deep in order to get some true understanding. Astrology is actually quite complex.. to get an accurate picture you also need to know your ascendant and your "houses". It's not like you could make 12 categories and that's it.. everyone has a very uniquely shaped astrology profile that would differ from the person next to them. So no two libras would be the same. 

It's actually the same with personality tests as well.. for the people who are familiar with MBTI.. it's not that there are only 16 types.. they are SO much more complex. If you go deep into it, there are so many variations. No two INFPS would be the same.. there are always sub-categories to each type. (In the case of personality type you can of course change to some degree... especially "J" and "P" seem to be able to change.) 

I think, as with every model, the more differentiated you look at it the more accurate it will be. But ultimately I would still only take it as an approximation. 

Edited by Pilgrim

18 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

as stated before and there is some truth to astrology

no there isn't one ounce of truth in it.
It is a collection of personality descriptions randomly associated to people's birth dates
In reality there is no similarity whatsoever between people with the same birth dates that is caused by them having the same birth dates.
It's a lie and a huge business.  An entertaining delusion for some