Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
d0ornokey

Need help with going with a business

5 posts in this topic

I have a business I can do with a friend

I'm in a rut right now where I need to just choose something and doing this business will help me get out of this rut and back into a happier self 

The business will:

increase my marketing skills to the point where I can get high paying jobs from marketing, regardless if the business doesn't work for whatever reason 

Get me out of my rut that I've been in for a while

Very strong chance to pay my bills that I so badly need right now 

Get to work with a friend on a business instead of working alone (alone business sucks in my experience compared to with friends) 

My social skills will increase incredibly (which I've been dying to increase forever) 

Grow out of orange with the business 

My parents will be happy

My friends will respect me for my success 

My thinking 

Overall great opportunity 

Fears & cons:

Always feeling like there could be a better, more aligned option (no clue what that is or feels like tbh) 

Fear that I make an imperfect decision that doesnt lead to the most self actualized life 

Scared that this is gonna be a boring ass business 

Hes bit of a shady guy. But I think with mutual goals he wont lie too much (hes a good friend with not so great morals) 

Not sure if this is aligned with my values (uncertainty, "what if" fear questions) 

Friend is hyper materialistic, deep into orange with no hope for higher. Scared that I will become too seeped into orange from doing this business with him (a fear) 

Could work on better businesses that are more aligned and high conscious (though this business with friend will give me good skills to do those businesses)

Writing this makes me see that I'm just scared lol. Maybe someone can give me a boost/direction? 

Edited by d0ornokey

First of all, don't give up. Second, rewrite all of this on paper or big board. Doing this will help you with visualization and defining more pros and cons in this situation. Though with this list I can only see that your fears and cons outweigh pros and that's not bad! Quite opposite. Some ideas should be transformed into others. If you're not sure in your friend it's okay to tell him no and look for better opportunities. 

@d0ornokey  Good Observations.

@RunningBD  Good Insights.

Tom articulates a number of things about balance really well in his last video.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

I've never had all that much luck with business partners. I'd rather have employees personally. I would never go with someone if I had any reason to doubt them. They must really be providing a significant benefit to me to even consider doing it with them. 

If you are already struggling with bills you likely just need some stable income for now. Since usually a business isn't going to generate quick revenue. But depends what it is really. Services are usually a fast way to get more money quickly like detailing cars, mowing lawns, etc. 

You were just posting on another thread of ways to make money, so I know you are aware enough to find something that can come up with some money. I'd ditch the person if you really have to even call it into question.  

@d0ornokey  Why does he want to work with you, if you are so full of doubt?

Why do you want to work with him, if your values don't align?

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/