Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rnd

"letting go of NN" - wrong term?

7 posts in this topic

"letting go of NN" is confusing.

For instance, "letting go of fear". I know what that refers to do. However, the more correct way would be "letting fear go on", or "accepting fear" or "letting it continue being present in you".

I'd be happy to "let it go". Away, that is. Who won't? But the problem is that it's not going away. So I can't "let it go" away. I can "let it stay" only.

The same goes for "desire" and other things -- mentioned in the video "letting go".

Right?

Edited by rnd

You can replace let it go by "let it be" / "let it stay" if that's more helpful for you in your practice for sure

Another way you could word it that might be useful might be to "drop NN" / "drop the engagement in NN" / "drop the grip in NN"

Edited by Jordan94

Depends.

Letting go is more of an undoing but as you are touching on, the mind has a tendency to turn it into a doingness. 

The mind also tries to complicate it as subtle resistance sets in and distorts the practice. 

Allowing something to go on is a natural quality of letting go and one way to access it. Letting go can also be done instantly by use of decision, or the Will. For example if you were in a situation where someone has upset you, then you can choose to allow the upset feelings to be there, or you could simply choose to let it go and have the whole thing dropped and forgiven in an instant. Instant relief and increase in energy.

Not all feelings will disappear instantly, but on many subjects and situations in life, they will. This become more apparent the more you practice.

On subjects where the emotion continues, then the feelings are let go of in layers and the stack of energy is allowed to dissolve moment to moment. 

The emotional charge may not always be something that you can immediately sever, but the resistance to the experience typically is. You can immediately drop any subject and the sensations of the emotional charge may continue to surge out the remaining energy. Choosing to let go of attachment/resistance then allows you to discover immediate freedom from the experience. 

Trying to let go of the manifestation (feelings, situations) is often less effective than letting go of the attachment or resistance to it. Once that is let go, the manifestation tends to also disappear or shift to something better.  

Edited by Arman

On 23/09/2019 at 8:43 AM, Jordan94 said:

You can replace let it go by "let it be" / "let it stay" if that's more helpful for you in your practice for sure

Yes. But those are the opposite of "let it go".

32 minutes ago, rnd said:

Yes. But those are the opposite of "let it go".

Haha, yes! I am also a little bit confused even after making a big research on the topic.

Maybe this is the answer:

On 9/23/2019 at 5:13 PM, DoubleYou said:

Its more a letting go of the need to control.

Let go of desire to control it, let it be, love it. 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Well I don't think let it go and let it stay are opposite, they might actually be the exact same thing, in terms of pointers, and some people will resonate more about one or the other

But they are definitly not opposite, "let it go" does not mean "try to make it go away" or "push it away", that's not the idea at all, it's the opposite of that