kieranperez

Jordan Peterson in Rehab

62 posts in this topic

@flowboy Well intentioned post but from the list you quoted, all of them bar the last two happen all the time, last two being  Sharing Torrents or Copyrighted Files and Actualized.org Billing or Technical Support as nobody has (yet) developed an obsession for them, but give it time.... :D

Interesting thread. The addition of psychedelics and the reduction of protein being suggested.

I wish them all well. It would be nice if everyone could just "check themselves into rehab" 

Edited by Bill W
Rubbish post of mine

@Bill W there are more options for protein intake than meat or dairy... i know some people who fought their illnesses aslo cancer with high energy foods very successfully. if it was only about proteins life would be easy. also i wonder why he is more important than his wife.

3 hours ago, remember said:

@MAYA EL  well it was more about a spiral dynamic thing, it`s interesting how family dynamics and illnesses correlate. i don`t want to say that in general food has something to do with mental illnesses but there are some hints that we need some fresh power foods to coap with stress, every holistic medical system works with diets as you can`t work with phyto medicine or with any kind of wholistic psychosomatic therapy without even considering food as medicine because if you clog your body with the wrong fats and make it overwork itself with low energy food that also might be pumped up by chemistry and contributes to more stress due to inflammation there won`t be a big success. did you ever try a a strictly plant based diet during a time where your mental health was affected? so how can you say if the diet would have changed it? maybe you would have recovered quicker with some high energy plant based foods giving the body the chance to clean itself. what was more interesting in this family constellation (and it`s really not about gossiping, i hope they will find a way to overcome the situation) was that cancer is an illness where most people start to look into foods more closely as it is about life and death litterally and usually then people start to realize how everything somehow plays together. cancer diet is even more important than any other diet as the body needs to starve out the cancer and fight it at the same time and needs a lot of energy to still coap with what`s weakening it. i just can imagine that a set back in life can make people overthink their whole understanding of life if they are open enough to see that they are barefeet.

of course now he has to first treat the addiction before he can treat the stress problem, but of course if people are in denial about the complexicity of the body, (not saying that i am not in denial in some health aspects) they won`t find out about how everything we put inside of us contributes to our overall condition, for better or worse. if we stand at the boarder of a cliff we might try to change it - it`s about chances to see the world with different eyes and realize where we might have not have the better information before. it`s about insights into a more complex world beyond what we where aware of when everything seemed to be going well. every crisis usually changes people for better or worse.

Trust me I play with my diet quite regularly and I was getting plenty of fresh veggies and fruits I was exceeding my daily macro and micronutrients all organic seven meals a day.

The point I was trying to make is that in that circumstance as dramatic as his changing diet wouldn't turn him in the Mary Poppins the next day although 99% of Americans have a lot of room to improve their diet from the 15 years experience I have dealing with people and their diets.

Withdrawal symptoms don't require drug. It is happening right now while you are resisting temptations to eat junk food, play games, gossip, etc, ...

@CreamCat Don’t be ignorant. The drug he was on and other drugs like that have been said to in the worst case have lethal effects when withdrawal is too much to handle for the body. 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Who has the problem? It's not the medicare, it's not all the hospitals - it's YOU jordan peterson, you are 1000% of the reason you are in the situation you are in right now

33 minutes ago, Max_V said:

lethal effects

What lethal effects? I just wanted to point out that withdrawal symptoms don't go away just because you don't do any drug.

I face relatively strong withdrawal symptoms everyday.

I have strong thirst to install and play games. I have defeated the urges so far.

Quitting (unplanned) masturbation can be harder than quitting smoking.

I think withdrawal symptoms are part of our lives.

Edited by CreamCat

@CreamCat Those addictions are a little different to hardcore drug addictions in the sense that your body starts building up a certain tolerance and relying on them. When you quit cold turkey and depending on the amount of dose your body is used to, the withdrawal effects can be so overwhelming and intense to your body, you can end up dying. Depends on which drug, but said by Mikhaila Peterson in her latest video, the drug Jordan was using classifies as one of those with dangerous withdrawal.

So, controlled lowering of intoxication at a pace your body can handle is crucial in this case.

Edited by Max_V

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

21 minutes ago, Max_V said:

So, controlled lowering of intoxication at a pace your body can handle is crucial in this case.

I think I can apply this to game.

@CreamCat Mhh, true. Find things to replace that activity with that you actually like doing.

And also question, why do you want to quit in the first place?

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

11 hours ago, MAYA EL said:

Trust me I play with my diet quite regularly and I was getting plenty of fresh veggies and fruits I was exceeding my daily macro and micronutrients all organic seven meals a day.

The point I was trying to make is that in that circumstance as dramatic as his changing diet wouldn't turn him in the Mary Poppins the next day although 99% of Americans have a lot of room to improve their diet from the 15 years experience I have dealing with people and their diets.

yes, of course, i get what you are referring to - it is of course a little far fetched and of course mental illnesses are a standing for themselves but at least you can`t deny that you changed your diet, and started to at least look into it. we are also not talking about episodes, i got that. what i was refering to, is that in some cases diet still plays a roll not only in curing diseases but also in understanding the body holistically. diet can be a step towards green for open minded people, it doesn`t have to. and of course diet is only a part of the story, and of course i`m talking european non standard green. everyone who didn`t go raw vegan for a time didn`t really test the whole field of possibilities in my perception though - every illness needs a specific diet to support the body healing some even need fasting, it`s to easy to just shove a possible success aside. diet oftentimes is just a system support but it`s about seeing it part of the medical system to take it serious.

Edited by remember

@Leo Gura Fun Fact: Peterson has actually done Mushrooms

At: atound 54:40 minutes he confirms it 

I can also recomend this video, Petersons konwledge and Insigth into the Topic is more deep than one migth presume at first.

Edited by Alex

35 minutes ago, Max_V said:

why do you want to quit in the first place?

I know I want to play game just to kill time. While I'm waiting for results of a task, I'd rather strategize toward my life purpose than play a game.

I also like clarity of mind when I don't do anything in particular.

I could also spend time on exercise or personal development or life purpose if I don't play game.

Edited by CreamCat

6 hours ago, avilo said:

Who has the problem? It's not the medicare, it's not all the hospitals - it's YOU jordan peterson, you are 1000% of the reason you are in the situation you are in right now

I don't think blaming people for their own cancer is healthy discussion. It is what happens in a low-quality gossip thread, though

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

4 hours ago, flowboy said:

I don't think blaming people for their own cancer is healthy discussion. It is what happens in a low-quality gossip thread, though

I was being sarcastic, because Jordan Peterson said something along those lines on the joe rogan podcast.

17 hours ago, Alex said:

Fun Fact: Peterson has actually done Mushrooms

Yeah, but a lot of foolish people have done mushrooms without realizing their full significance. So that means little.

They have to be done in the right way with a proper theoretical understanding of nonduality.

An ideological or closedminded person doing mushrooms won't gain much from them, and could in fact go deeper into delusion.

The irony is that the very thing JP needs most now is stage Green compassion and community support.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Leo is very right about the mushrooms. Also I think it's tragic that his wife has cancer and that he's dealing with these issues... Also, I love how ironic it is to see a man who knows so much about psychology know so little about personal psychology.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

Peterson's daughter looking to sell her death-promoting riddiculous diet has shamelessly pointed out that her dad has been lying all along about his health. This family is riddled with lies and delusion and it is time for their awakening.  

Mikheila has been lying about her diet, lying about her job and lying about her health conditions. Yet tens of thousands of people keep following her. Some people seeking their peace of mind will go to extremes to promote their agenda. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

8 hours ago, Adam M said:

Also, I love how ironic it is to see a man who knows so much about psychology know so little about personal psychology.

Show some empathy and compassion dude.