kieranperez

Jordan Peterson in Rehab

62 posts in this topic

That is a difficult life situation to be in. It’s hard for me to imagine dealing with a life-long lover and partner in life dying from terminal cancer. The anxiety and powerlessness of it. . . I hope JP recovers well. 

This is where psychedics can do wonders.

Hope he gets better.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

as weird as this may sound, to see a powerful guy get help is both inspiring and tragic. 

Alcohol is the most dangerous drug.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, K VIL said:

as weird as this may sound, to see a powerful guy get help is both inspiring and tragic. 

And there is a strange feeling of relief to know that even such inspirational people can have their hard  times,  we often forget that pain is universal 

1 hour ago, K VIL said:

That’s true whether you’re “powerful” or “weak”. 

As I read that article, I was reminded that this guy is a carnivore.

He’s said he beat it back with the meat-heavy diet his daughter encouraged him to adopt. Cutting out greens altogether improved both his mental and physical health, he said in an interview last year.

Edited by CreamCat

@CreamCat interesting, do you think there is a relationship with cutting out on plants and not enough phyto energy to coap with overexcessive stress or do you see it more  caused by the biochemistry of high meat consumption in sense of hormon production, body inflammation etc.? even though it´s maybe a little off topic but the connections are interesting. although maybe it`s more about the direct pressure of the situation - to heal food might be relevant. also especially cancer patients need a lot of veggies like brokkoli to heal. in situations like that whole worldviews can tumble and change.

Edited by remember

@remember I haven't thought that deep about biochemistry. I just thought he seemed like a carnivore that loses health to vegetables.

Humans fear vampires. But, humans are not better than vampires. Vampires suck blood. Humans chew flesh and bones.

Edited by CreamCat

@CreamCat do you think the whole family has a chance to move into green? that would be really interesting :o could be some kind of tipping point.

Edited by remember

24 minutes ago, remember said:

@CreamCat do you think the whole family has a chance to move into green? that would be really interesting :o could be some kind of tipping point.

Human potential is infinite potential. They could, but it's not inevitable.

1 hour ago, CreamCat said:

@remember I haven't thought that deep about biochemistry. I just thought he seemed like a carnivore that loses health to vegetables.

Humans fear vampires. But, humans are not better than vampires. Vampires suck blood. Humans chew flesh and bones.

He is not a vampire, he is just anti-science and is digging his own grave. The sad thing is that his daughter has convinced the entire family to go carnivore, and his mothers kidney cancer certainly did not benefit from a diet that is heavily burdening on the kidneys.

Gojiman actually made a good response to the whole carnivore thing they are doing, and why they probably are struggling with eating vegetables:

But Jordan Peterson and his daughter think they know better, they are spreading dangerous misinformation to thousands of people.

Glory to Israel

Thank God Tammy seems to be recovering well.

I'm hopeful that Peterson will complete his rehab. I see his decision to check into the facility as a mark of sensibilty.

It was also good to see Michaela (I may have spelled that wrong) giving us a short update on the last few months.

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

How is this a topic related to Self-Actualization?

Are we just gossiping and talking shit about celebrities now? I thought there were different forums for that.

The Petersons are surely not benefiting from us second-guessing their diet choices now, and neither are we.

Grow up guys.

What We Are Focused On:

Self-Actualization

Practical Self-Improvement

Positive Psychology

Success

Emotional Development

Relationship Mastery

Consciousness, Enlightenment, Meditation, and Mindfulness

Self-Help Techniques

Starting & Running A Business

Lifestyle Design

Practical Philosophy

Self-Improvement Product Reviews, Book Reviews, Service Reviews

Psychedelics for Spiritual Development

What We Are NOT Focused On:

Religion

Mental Illness

Abnormal Psychology

Academic Philosophy

Abstract, Theoretical Debate

Medical Conditions

Overcoming Hard Addictions Like Drugs & Alcohol

Politics

Gossip & Rumors

Sharing Torrents or Copyrighted Files

Actualized.org Billing or Technical Support

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

8 hours ago, remember said:

@CreamCat interesting, do you think there is a relationship with cutting out on plants and not enough phyto energy to coap with overexcessive stress or do you see it more  caused by the biochemistry of high meat consumption in sense of hormon production, body inflammation etc.? even though it´s maybe a little off topic but the connections are interesting. although maybe it`s more about the direct pressure of the situation - to heal food might be relevant. also especially cancer patients need a lot of veggies like brokkoli to heal. in situations like that whole worldviews can tumble and change.

In a situation like this the slight effect that food has on one's Mental Health what do little to no good in the situation. I've gone through some of the worst situations in my life while eating a high meat diet we are omnivores we are made to eat pretty much anything. And I've handled life-altering situations while eating 350 G of meat protein a day as well as when I eat a normal diet consisting of only about 70 grams of meat protein a day and both life-changing scenarios it was equally as stressful and my diet had very very little effect on my Mental Health.

Now I'm not saying that inflammation and certain foods can't contribute to stress but what I am saying is don't worry about the pebble between your sandal as you're walking off a cliff for lack of a better term

@MAYA EL  well it was more about a spiral dynamic thing, it`s interesting how family dynamics and illnesses correlate. i don`t want to say that in general food has something to do with mental illnesses but there are some hints that we need some fresh power foods to coap with stress, every holistic medical system works with diets as you can`t work with phyto medicine or with any kind of wholistic psychosomatic therapy without even considering food as medicine because if you clog your body with the wrong fats and make it overwork itself with low energy food that also might be pumped up by chemistry and contributes to more stress due to inflammation there won`t be a big success. did you ever try a a strictly plant based diet during a time where your mental health was affected? so how can you say if the diet would have changed it? maybe you would have recovered quicker with some high energy plant based foods giving the body the chance to clean itself. what was more interesting in this family constellation (and it`s really not about gossiping, i hope they will find a way to overcome the situation) was that cancer is an illness where most people start to look into foods more closely as it is about life and death litterally and usually then people start to realize how everything somehow plays together. cancer diet is even more important than any other diet as the body needs to starve out the cancer and fight it at the same time and needs a lot of energy to still coap with what`s weakening it. i just can imagine that a set back in life can make people overthink their whole understanding of life if they are open enough to see that they are barefeet.

of course now he has to first treat the addiction before he can treat the stress problem, but of course if people are in denial about the complexicity of the body, (not saying that i am not in denial in some health aspects) they won`t find out about how everything we put inside of us contributes to our overall condition, for better or worse. if we stand at the boarder of a cliff we might try to change it - it`s about chances to see the world with different eyes and realize where we might have not have the better information before. it`s about insights into a more complex world beyond what we where aware of when everything seemed to be going well. every crisis usually changes people for better or worse.