Good-boy

How to not fear a bear attack ?

19 posts in this topic

In general what you have to understand is that animals can feel intimidated very quickly.

For example a German shepherd approached me the other day in the park with full speed and barking (I am not a fan of animals). I turned around and stood still. I am considerably big and so certainly nothing to play with for the dog. He ended up running away, knowing that this wouldn't be another one of those ''fool runs away from dog and gets chased''. I stood my ground and the dog acknowledged it.

I mean there are records of people scaring off wild lions. Humans can be very intimidating with our long limbs. You know that you are not a match against a bear, but that doesn't mean that the bear knows that.

If there’s one word I found most Russians don’t seem to know, it’s this... “moderation” lol

Is it common in Russia ? i heard  khabib nurmagomedov used to fight with bears when he was 9

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

18 minutes ago, Harikrishnan said:

Is it common in Russia ? i heard  khabib nurmagomedov used to fight with bears when he was 9

I came into contact with a wild bear. They were more afraid of me than I was of them. Not all bears are equal. 

In Tate we trust

If you encounter a black bear, its better to act appear larger than you are, making loud noises and fight back if it attacks you.

If its a grizzly, avoid eye contact, stand your ground dont run, and dont make loud noises like you would with a black bear. Curl up in a ball and dont fight back. Wait till it leaves if you are still alive to get up and move.

Always carry bear spray as a first line of defense if you go in the deep woods.

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

5 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

If you encounter a black bear, its better to act appear larger than you are, making loud noises and fight back if it attacks you.

If its a grizzly, avoid eye contact, stand your ground dont run, and dont make loud noises like you would with a black bear. Curl up in a ball and dont fight back. Wait till it leaves if you are still alive to get up and move.

Always carry qbear spray as a first line of defense if you go in the deep woods.

How about climbing a tree

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

19 hours ago, Harikrishnan said:

How about climbing a tree

Never climb a tree with a black bear because they are extremely good at climbing, brown bears i've read not so much, but it might seem like running away which could trigger an attack. I'd get some heavy duty spray if you are ever in bear country but me personally I have no desire to go out in an area where this might happen lol. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Equip yourself with an automatic shotgun such as AA-12 and a bear spray when you roam an area filled with bears.

When you know you can fuck the bears with AA-12, you don't fear them.

Edited by CreamCat

@CreamCat Not meaning to be disagreeable but splatter gun won't stop an angry charging grizzly. They can move so fast,,,

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

1 hour ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

@CreamCat Not meaning to be disagreeable but splatter gun won't stop an angry charging grizzly. They can move so fast,,,

Have you tested AA-12 on bears actually? Perhaps, we could run computer simulations in hunting games.

Edited by CreamCat

No, I was just giving opinion. ?

A friend of mine used to teach a martial arts fighting style called mad bear.

With multiple shots from AA-12, a grizzly bear can be mortally wounded.

The first shot stuns it for a few seconds. The next few shots penetrate its thick skin. If you shoot the same spot multiple times, a thick flesh armor can be penetrated.

It is a military shotgun designed to take down the toughest enemies.

If multiple shots of AA-12 are not enough, you can also use a bang stick on its skull.

Edited by CreamCat

@CreamCat  Those ARE the baddest shotguns I ever saw. 

Breaking up a bull fight which has an unfolding path that crosses a state highway back and forth is a problem of comparable magnitude.

Imagine that AA-12 is loaded with explosive rounds that explode on contact.