Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Blind Sage

Cannabis trip report

16 posts in this topic

i used to smoke cannabis during my transition from stage orange to green but I quit 2 years ago since it wasn't serving me any longer.

So far I have had 3 lsd trips and 2 mushroom trips. None of these even came close to the how incredible my cannabis trip was last night.

I did it with a group in a friends room. I consumed it through 1 bong hit but I basically just sat on his meditation cushion and did my own thing while the others ate, talked, and watched youtube. When it hit, insight after insight just kept pouring through my head. Sadly, I forgot most of it shortly after.

Some key takeaways:

How much neuroses is stuck in my lower chakras: The healing power of cannabis is incredible underrated, I literally was just breathing and focusing on relaxing my anal, perennial and stomach muscles. As I breathed it felt like there was pent up, twisted energy that was being worked through. I feel like I've just dropped a heavy load that I've been carrying around for so long I've forgotten it was there.

A recurring theme in my life-Elliot Hulse originally introduced the concept of 'dying to your old self' so you may become 'the strongest version of yourself'. What i've realized is that my identity level changes throughout my life have always been catalyzed by individuals. It is the individual people that I am drawn to, not their isolated teaching, their technique, their method, etc. Hence, I've been very drawn to Sadhguru before finding Leo although I've never actually made any attempts to go for his courses. Hence, I will go to his ashram during my summer break. DISCLAIMER: I do not advocate Elliot's recent developments as I feel they are myopic. Having said that, he is still a very valuable mentor to many people including myself.

How powerful kriya yoga actually is-I've been meditating for a little over 2 years. I started off doing 5 minutes of anapanasati meditation (mindfulness of the breath) a day to 45 minutes a day. 6 months ago I swapped that for kriya yoga. Last night showed me just how goddamn powerful my practice is. I could feel my crown and third eye buzzing intensely. It's as if each time I used cannabis throughout the 2 years my sensitivity has been becoming exponentially stronger. It felt like it was activated but I knew I was still operating in a very limited perception. I felt that I could explode my reality by focusing there but I chose not to. Which leads me to my next insight-there was 1 particular book in the booklist that mentioned not to focus on the crown chakra until you're ready as it may have negative side effects. I'm only 21 and I don't feel like my life is in the chapter/phase where I can fully focus on seeking. Hence, I have to redirect my focus to building a stable foundation.

Insights on my family dynamic-it's not something I'd like to get into the details into but in a nutshell, part of the reason I came down this rabbit hole was because my family is quite dysfunctional in many ways. Now is a time of transition for my family where we must heal, and I must lead this transformation.

I've found the tool I've been looking for and will experiment with edibles.

Thanks for reading :) 

My last cannabis trip was my head spinning so much i was about to throw up. I was just trying to just survive my untill my trip was gone. 

People definitely underestimate how powerful cannabis can be. Especially if you do it with zero tolerance beforehand and you take alot. I know exactly what you mean the insights come flooding like that. It's beautiful. Sadly I can't smoke it due to how hooked I get on it. Some day I hope to be able to use it once a weekend or month. But there's alot of purification work to be done before being able to do that.

I made a topic about this a while back and I can confirm what you say. It can have healing effects. It changed my personality. 

One thing you shouldn’t forget though: every positive has a negative. One shouldn’t downsize the negatives of weed just for the positives.

In Tate we trust

@The Blind Sage how I see it was like a phase. I’m still phasing out of weed use.  Unlike mushrooms, weed can have some big negatives on your health. Moderation is key so you strike the right balance to gain sizable benefits without too much damage to your health. It is a fine balance. If you do it too much you obviously damage your health more but that doesn’t mean you get more benefits. Your system just adjusts to the THC and you need more and more to get the same high. 

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

2 hours ago, The Blind Sage said:

How long does it take for me to go back to baseline tolerance after a weed trip?

Maybe a week or 2

24 minutes ago, Peo said:

Maybe a week or 2

Cheers mate, I guess I'll do a max of 1 trip every 3 weeks just to be on the safe side. Tbh I'll probably end up tripping once a month as psychedelics make my sleeping issues worse and it takes a day or 2 to recover my sleep debt and get my schedule back on track.
(I ended up sleeping at 6 am for this trip lol)

5 hours ago, The Blind Sage said:

Cheers mate, I guess I'll do a max of 1 trip every 3 weeks just to be on the safe side.

I hope your at least 25 or older i hear that weed can decrease your cognitive level. This is especially a big problem for young students since their brain isn't developed before they reach the age 25.

7 hours ago, Peo said:

I hope your at least 25 or older i hear that weed can decrease your cognitive level. This is especially a big problem for young students since their brain isn't developed before they reach the age 25.

I'm 21 but most people in these studies were heavy abusers for several years starting from their early teens. These are people that use it in ways that fuel their unconsciousness, it numbs their mind as they get high to drown themselves in sensual pleasures (food, sex, video games, mixing with other drugs like alcohol, etc).

I'll be using it once a month in quite low doses in a retreat-like setting.

Edited by The Blind Sage

21 hours ago, The Blind Sage said:

@StarStruck How long does it take for me to go back to baseline tolerance after a weed trip?

Takes about 3-4 weeks for dopamine levels to return to normal. 

In Tate we trust

@StarStruck Even from 1 hit? I'd understand if that was for a heavy user but it's been a couple days now for me and I feel like I'm back to normal. I was lazy the day after but it could have been the lack of sleep as much as the cannabis after-effects.

@The Blind Sage you brain doesn’t care about one hit or two hits. It cares about the dopamine release. 

One week ago I smoked a joint after laying off for 4 weeks and I got high off of it before finishing half of it. I was completely zoned out and I could barely walk. 

I see people smoke multiple joints and not even getting close as high as me. It has to do with your dopamine levels adapting.  But then again I never smoked a bong. Perhaps it is different. I can’t tell for sure. 

In Tate we trust

13 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

@The Blind Sage you brain doesn’t care about one hit or two hits. It cares about the dopamine release. 

The logic is that the more weed consumed the more dopamine is released. Correct me if I'm wrong?