SQAAD

All Fear Boils Down To Fear of Suffering, Not Loss Of Self

46 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, mandyjw said:

@Truth Addict Labor is a very unique experience, it warps your consciousness immensely because there's no choice but to surrender to it.

The other choice, thanks to science, is asking for an Epidural Anaesthetic. Now, some people argue that it's an unnatural interference, but whatever.

2 hours ago, mandyjw said:

@Truth AddictI know it's entirely possible.

I would rather spend my life researching and developing ways to reduce pain through science than to spend years trying to transcend it through excruciating consciousness work.

I hate Peter Ralston.

Edited by Truth Addict

11 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

@Truth Addict so you hate his teaching style or personality? Is there something wrong with being emotionally detached? 

His personality for the most part, but it also influences his teachings, so I hate them both.

He's using emotional detachment as an idealist dogma. 'Everything is a thought-story', blah blah blah. He forgets to apply his dogma on itself. There's an underlying fear and judgement beneath his detachment. It's based in the intellect, by rationalising everything in the world, including emotions, as mere thought-stories.

Nothing wrong with that per se, but I personally love emotions and I think that they should be integrated as part of my healthy being, not gotten rid of.

Edited by Truth Addict

@Truth Addict if you are attached to emotions you are vulnerable - you will be happy as well as suffer.

Hence the enlightened are emotionally detached what I read from books - this is just my intellectual understanding.

4 minutes ago, Jkris said:

@Truth Addict if you are attached to emotions you are vulnerable - you will be happy as well as suffer.

Hence the enlightened are emotionally detached what I read from books - this is just my intellectual understanding.

That's masculine enlightenment, intellectual mastery. It lacks the feminine enlightenment, which is emotional mastery.

10 hours ago, SQAAD said:

Why do i fear losing my hand? Because i will lose a part of myself.

You believe the body is you. 

But why do i fear losing a part of myself?

You believe the body is you. 

Because i think that will create suffering and misery to me.

What about the a priori here? What if you are not “parts” to begin with? What if you are not the body?

Why am i afraid of death?

Because you believe, and don’t inspect, your assumptions. 

Because I will lose everything.

Duality (assumption uninspected). 

But why do i fear losing everything?

You believe you are the body, separate from everything. It’s a belief. Inspect it. Scrutinize it. 

Because i don't know what death is and i fear the possibility after i die things will be worse.

Not a thing wrong with not knowing. It’s the beliefs and assumptions which are the suffering, they support that you are separate, specifically, the separate physical body. You created your beliefs. 

Why am i afraid of losing my youth?

Because you are identified with as the body and it’s appearance. 

Because i think that will create enormous suffering in my life.

Inspect the validity of the the thought. Why believe it, when sensation tells you it’s not true? It is the identification with the body, via “youth”, which is the suffering. 

So all fear boils down to fear of suffering.

No...ignore-ance. You’re ignoring your own sensations, your own truth / inner being. 

Find the one who suffers, and there is none. 

I don't care about losing my self as long as i don't suffer. As long as i am happy i am ok with losing anything.

According to your perspective... If you lost yourself, you could not be happy  (there’d be no you). What if self = happiness? This is the call of meditation, inspection & self inquiry - to discover yourself is the only ‘thing’ that “you” can never lose. 

@mandyjw “I have a theory that hell realms and the appearances of "evil" spirits show you that you have shadow work that needs addressing. They are an aspect of you, your psyche creates them to wake you up.”

Absolutely. Human psyche sneakiness is boundless sans awareness of the inherent duality, and the knowing of the inherent Good of the one source of all. The philosophical wrestling in avoiding one’s own conscience creates such elaborate stories, sometimes so literally insane - that others actually buy into it, and look up to it.  Hat’s off to you for the ‘work’ such clarity required.  ♥️

Funny how reality is one, how being is infinite and inseparable, how nothing is hidden at all, right now....and yet how sneaky linguistic write offs like “realms” can be utilized to create apparent hierarchy & apparent separation. “There’s a hell realm.....buuuuttttt .... I can __________ for you.”  Ignorance can astoundingly appear as bliss indeed. 

@Truth Addict Are you open to the possibility that he is you, and you are creating your emotions (and your hate) without noticing...yet? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

24 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Truth Addict Are you open to the possibility that he is you, and you are creating your emotions (and your hate) without noticing...yet?

I consciously hate him. He's not a healthy person, let alone a healthy teacher. It's not like I'm going to his house to kill him or anything like that, but I don't like him spreading his delusions in the name of truth, and I would stop him if I could, because he's contagious.

If someone is infected by a disease, he's better be isolated, not mingling with other healthy people.

Edited by Truth Addict

Ralston brings up various strong and conflicting emotions for me. xD

I'll leave it at that. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

5 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

His personality for the most part, but it also influences his teachings, so I hate them both.

He's using emotional detachment as an idealist dogma. 'Everything is a thought-story', blah blah blah. He forgets to apply his dogma on itself. There's an underlying fear and judgement beneath his detachment. It's based in the intellect, by rationalising everything in the world, including emotions, as mere thought-stories.

Nothing wrong with that per se, but I personally love emotions and I think that they should be integrated as part of my healthy being, not gotten rid of.

You are really misunderstanding Ralston. All that stuff is your projection on him.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura sry for posting here can you check out a message i sent you in inbox tnx?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

5 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

This is all you. Sounds like good shadow work material 

@Truth Addict For a deeply enlightened Emotional mastery means simply absence of emotions no matter what in all circumstances.

For other enlightened with lesser degree of transformation realisations insights emotions still appear and some react to that and some don't but at least enlightenment basic least enlightenment means not geting attached to emotions they are like passing clouds they don't touch them on the surface it will appear to others like that.

Emotions are just appearences projections it appears to be appealing as real.

The thought I hate Ralston consciously is an appearance projection which again is believed as real and the person truth addict is passing his judgements based on that.

That's how ordinarily people believe judge act this is good that Is bad.This is the best that is the best etc isn't it ? I hate Ralston consciously knowingly I hate love Ralston consciously unconsciously knowingly unknowingly isn't it ?

Even for the enlightened the communication has to be done to others and they best try to communicate in all possible means by the thoughts that are appearing to them in what ever language words they know knowing perfectly the life birth circumstances knowledge they have are not theirs nor their creations.It is just happening.

(--- Note it is Truth Addict who imparted the wisdom to me now you are getting attached to the idea of detachment.)

That's how judgemental reactive likes dislikes are transcended isn't it ?

You are neither the experiencer experiences nor the doer creator.They are happening in the body mind that's not me and not my concern.

I am not interested in the unreal - Nisargadatta Maharaj.

What ever said are just intellectual understandings I am yet to realise experience the truth ???? 

@Nahm 

5 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Ralston brings up various strong and conflicting emotions for me. xD

I'll leave it at that. 

That has everything to do with you. That has nothing to do with him. 

8 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

I consciously hate him. He's not a healthy person, let alone a healthy teacher. It's not like I'm going to his house to kill him or anything like that, but I don't like him spreading his delusions in the name of truth, and I would stop him if I could, because he's contagious.

If someone is infected by a disease, he's better be isolated, not mingling with other healthy people.

Lol “I consciously hate him”. You are such a prime example of spiritual narcissism. You enjoy fantasies dude. I’d bet lottery money that if we put you to a test to see how free of fear, pain, suffering, etc. you’d crack. You’re a parrot. You parrot stuff on the Internet pretending you know people with the way you lecture people. As though you know a damn thing. You ain’t free. You ain’t awake. 

If you are still bound by suffering, you ain’t free. You parrot Leo because it’s convenient. If you really were as awake as you like to talk you’d be doing something other than projecting on a forum and would actually be doing something in the world. You enjoy fantasies. Which is to say, you enjoy lying. 

Ralston is an enlightened master whether you like it or not. A person whose truly free is not bound to a “spiritual” agenda and have to fit your fantasy of what an enlightened master should be.

Grow up dude. Youre projections on this forum are honestly getting nauseating. You lack empathy. You lack humility. You lack compassion. You lack real truth. You lack self reflection. 

Edited by kieranperez

@Jkris I’d suggest that is no mind, rather than emotional mastery. I think your implied conclusions are out of sync with the quote, no offense. ?? It seems from the understanding perspective, but as you said, still have the realization coming. 

@Truth Addict Check this clip out...at around 5:08 ‘he’ can’t even take it. I think you’ll recognize what’s going on there and maybe have new insight into his approach. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

9 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

So in other words, he's teaching you exactly what you need ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

14 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Truth Addict “conscious hate”...interesting.

That's hatred beyond stage Green hippy hatred.

14 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Truth Addict you must like...hate...?

Yup.

You hate hatred, have you noticed yet? I love hatred, that's the difference. I don't ignore it or hide it. I integrate it by utilising it.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You are really misunderstanding Ralston.

I hope so.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

All that stuff is your projection on him.

I acknowledge my projections. Do you acknowledge yours as well?

11 hours ago, DrewNows said:

This is all you. Sounds like good shadow work material 

I was neutral to him two months ago, but I've awoken to the existence of the heart.

6 hours ago, Jkris said:

For a deeply enlightened Emotional mastery means simply absence of emotions no matter what in all circumstances.

For other enlightened with lesser degree of transformation realisations insights emotions still appear and some react to that and some don't but at least enlightenment basic least enlightenment means not geting attached to emotions they are like passing clouds they don't touch them on the surface it will appear to others like that.

Emotions are just appearences projections it appears to be appealing as real.

Or, that's what the devils advocate.

Left brain enlightenment is not everything. Ralston is missing the right brain entirely.

5 hours ago, kieranperez said:

Lol “I consciously hate him”. You are such a prime example of spiritual narcissism. You enjoy fantasies dude. I’d bet lottery money that if we put you to a test to see how free of fear, pain, suffering, etc. you’d crack. You’re a parrot. You parrot stuff on the Internet pretending you know people with the way you lecture people. As though you know a damn thing. You ain’t free. You ain’t awake. 

If you are still bound by suffering, you ain’t free. You parrot Leo because it’s convenient. If you really were as awake as you like to talk you’d be doing something other than projecting on a forum and would actually be doing something in the world. You enjoy fantasies. Which is to say, you enjoy lying. 

Ralston is an enlightened master whether you like it or not. A person whose truly free is not bound to a “spiritual” agenda and have to fit your fantasy of what an enlightened master should be.

Grow up dude. Youre projections on this forum are honestly getting nauseating. You lack empathy. You lack humility. You lack compassion. You lack real truth. You lack self reflection. 

Triggered much? You're a thought-story :)

5 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Truth Addict Check this clip out...at around 5:08 ‘he’ can’t even take it. I think you’ll recognize what’s going on there and maybe have new insight into his approach. 

He'd be dead if he doesn't laugh. That's the bare minimum. It's challenging for me to have a decent conversation in real life without laughing (serious matters aside).

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

So in other words, he's teaching you exactly what you need ;)

I've heard enough of his toxicity.

Let it go guys. I hate someone and that's fine with me, he won't cry as my hatred, me, and my words are all merely thought-stories to him. He himself would not care. What's the big deal?! When will you ever transcend stage Green?

1 hour ago, Truth Addict said:

When will you ever transcend stage Green?

nothing to transcend if not fully awoken to it :) resistence is good it shows you that you have to walk another path outgrowing the rational mind and growing into what it means to understand irrational rationality.