Ananta

Down 12 lbs, more to go!

27 posts in this topic

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

I’m seeing a lot about diet, but nothing about physical activity and sleep. Be sure to optimize both of these areas, as they are crucial for maintaining an optimal weight and physique, and to just feel good all around, body and mind (and spirit?). 

For physical activity, the following is a good guideline:

51417152-B171-43EA-9C1F-BDD007FE2571.jpeg

Getting PLENTY of movement (walking, stretching, yoga, REBOUNDING, etc), some weight lifting, and occasional super high intensity exercise will go an extremely long way in achieving optimal weight and physique. A good goal is an hour a day (anything from standing up and stretching to all out sprinting counts). 

For sleep, cool, quiet, dark room, winding down before bed, plenty of time (in my opinion, you can’t sleep too much... you would just wake up. But I’ve seen others disagree with this). Sleep is so crucial. 

It’s also important to get healthy amounts of sunlight and nature most days, and of course all the other things like stress management, fulfilling life, relationships, consciousness work, etc. 

As for diet, stick to whole foods (a “paleo” diet), favor meals over snacks, and listen to your body as to when you are hungry and what you need. Occasional extended fasting is very powerful as well but be careful not to obsess over this and deprive yourself. Only engage in a long fast when particularly inspired to. Daily intermittent fasting is excellent. 

Good luck. You can do it!!

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

@InfinitePotential Thank you. 

Home care nurses aren't the healthiest ppl in the world, especially when short staffed and working our asses off.

So, I do a lot of driving and sitting. I know I need to start exercising. I'm just full if excuses about that right now. Who wants to get on a tread mill after working 10-12 hours. 

So, doing my best at the moment. Thanks for your reply?

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

18 hours ago, Anna1 said:

@InfinitePotential Thank you. 

Home care nurses aren't the healthiest ppl in the world, especially when short staffed and working our asses off.

So, I do a lot of driving and sitting. I know I need to start exercising. I'm just full if excuses about that right now. Who wants to get on a tread mill after working 10-12 hours. 

So, doing my best at the moment. Thanks for your reply?

Understood, it sounds like you have a job where you can be up and about though! Any movement is better than nothing, including getting up and stretching / shaking it out regularly. Hell, a bunch of bodyweight squats (idk, 50 or so depending on level of fitness) around your meals will go such a long way into helping you digest your food, keeping you insulin sensitive, etc. 

And to add on the diet stuff, consider a temporary strict ketogenic diet. It’s personally (and according to countless others stories) proven to be the best way to lose body fat quickly and effortlessly (effortless besides resisting the temptation to eat carby foods). Doesn’t have to be forever, but challenging your body to switch to primarily fat metabolism from time to time is extremely beneficial. And can help you feel amazing and focused. In general, the leaner you are and more physical activity you perform, the better your body is at handling carbs. 

Whatever you do, love yourself. You got this :)

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

@soeasy Hiya, well, I vaped when I quit smoking and found it just as addictive. So, I would not recommend it. I have since (several yrs ago) quit vaping as well.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

6 hours ago, InfinitePotential said:

Understood, it sounds like you have a job where you can be up and about though! Any movement is better than nothing, including getting up and stretching / shaking it out regularly. Hell, a bunch of bodyweight squats (idk, 50 or so depending on level of fitness) around your meals will go such a long way into helping you digest your food, keeping you insulin sensitive, etc. 

And to add on the diet stuff, consider a temporary strict ketogenic diet. It’s personally (and according to countless others stories) proven to be the best way to lose body fat quickly and effortlessly (effortless besides resisting the temptation to eat carby foods). Doesn’t have to be forever, but challenging your body to switch to primarily fat metabolism from time to time is extremely beneficial. And can help you feel amazing and focused. In general, the leaner you are and more physical activity you perform, the better your body is at handling carbs. 

Whatever you do, love yourself. You got this :)

Doing intermittent fasting while being on a ketogenic diet is also a lot easier because you stay full for way longer and get fewer cravings since your insulin levels are more steady