Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonasVE12

Scared of truth

11 posts in this topic

My ego is scared of truth because it has set up these important goals and values them.

I’m scared that I will become disengaged with life. This makes me want to stop the spiritual path. I value amusement, humor, positive emotions very much. It’s my most important value, probably because I had a shitty past. 

I know it’s my ego, right, but it doesnt help. And when I saw the guy’s post on here about him feeling like his life is meaningless after full awakening, and it feels that way in his experience, that just comfirms my worry

Edited by JonasVE12

@JonasVE12

Congratulations! What you said in your post was the truth. Were you scared from saying it? Did it hurt you or do you feel better now?

13 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@JonasVE12

Congratulations! What you said in your post was the truth. Were you scared from saying it? Did it hurt you or do you feel better now?

T*

actually I feel more shitty because you don’t provide value to this topic

Edited by JonasVE12

Life is  a dance, we all play a character in a certain image, some might say these characters are old and wise, some may say these characters are yoing and reactionary. The truth is that life is maya. Even if you are advocating diet coke, your still playing maya. Because the maya is pure nothing. The queston is what do you do when you realise the pure nothing aspect? its simple you step on everyone and sell them more diet coke? because its maya. But in a nice way LOL. Love is both brutal and personally loving. This way they can step on others and we can get these diet coke sales up through the roof. 

This is what being able to predict the future is about. Finding the best case scenario for everyone except yourself. 

Cause then you can live life however you want and have morality in the correct place, if not its like selling coca cola instead and that's just how truth works. Capture everyone and let the boat sail.  

Edited by Aakash

Why would I even give a shit about Truth. If the point of life is just to experience, why not experience in a way that is in line with your personal truth whatever that might be. For me it’s amusement. If I can create a lifestyle with abundance of that, why give a fuck?

You raise a common conundrum: what if awakening to Truth is not beneficial to me? From a personal perspective, I can see value in being unaware of Truth. Similar to learning the Truth of a magic trick. In some ways, it ruins the fun. 

As you suggest, there is value in living aligned with one’s personal truth.  This is the area of personal development. As well, a lot of spirituality involves living a meaningful personal life. Yet there comes a time in spirituality in which continuing means the transcendence of the personality. The realization that “me” doesn’t exist like I thought it did. The downside of that is that the gig is up. The game is kinda over for the ego. And the ego will not like that at all - so it usually involves considerable discomfort at times. On the flip side, there is also liberation and new deeper appreciation for reality. Yet one doesn’t get to “test drive” this before they begin.

59 minutes ago, JonasVE12 said:

T*

actually I feel more shitty because you don’t provide value to this topic

Good. Did this 'truth' confession make you feel better?

Edited by Truth Addict

@JonasVE12 You are in luck because humor, amusement and positive emotions are exactly what enlightenment is about experiencing more of. Our ego gets in the way of those and many other beautiful things about being. The thing that needs to be surrendered is not the bliss of positive emotions but the thing that tries to claim them. 

There are a lot of paradoxical truths that have to be integrated. I highly recommend listening to Abraham Hicks in addition to Leo and other teachers. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

52 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@JonasVE12 You are in luck because humor, amusement and positive emotions are exactly what enlightenment is about experiencing more of. Our ego gets in the way of those and many other beautiful things about being. The thing that needs to be surrendered is not the bliss of positive emotions but the thing that tries to claim them. 

There are a lot of paradoxical truths that have to be integrated. I highly recommend listening to Abraham Hicks in addition to Leo and other teachers. 

What does initiate them when you’re enlightened?

When you’re identified with ego, I guess they get generated by the ego valueing something external for it’s benefit. Interpretation of some circumstance that generates this feeling of being amused. For me personally it’s human interaction. Opposite sex specifically.

where do they come from if you’re egoless? I would guess that it is just an emotional flatline, no? A peaceful one tho, without too many fluctuations

@JonasVE12 You've heard it said that God has a sense of humor? This entire illusion we live really is very funny. It's true that some jokes come from the ego, but humor itself does not. 

Is the universe just black blank space or is it interspersed with stars and planets, black holes and God knows what else? If the universe isn't consistent in it's perfection why assume the mind of God or emotional experience of God is any different? Enlightenment means there's no you, but your thoughts and emotions were created because they are part of the mind of God. They only align with God, purify, intensify but they don't disappear. 

The ego gets blamed for a lot of stuff it never really does. It's so sneaky and intelligent that it blames itself, it separates itself and is both the accuser and the accused. If you fall for it, at least part of it is sure to survive. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost