Vido

What would an ideal school have?

17 posts in this topic

I am going to start a school in future which teaches the "Red Pill" if you what I mean. 

What would an red pill education system have?

If you had to change some aspects of school, what would it be?

no red pills? understand the matrix first before you take a pill, if you don`t you might wake up on the wrong side, as you don`t know, the colours might have changed.

Edited by remember

@remember This is very interesting. Show darkness first so that they can experience the light huh

@Vido  in some sense you need to look at both to see what really is light, awakening to what you think is reality might be part of the matrix as well so if you choose one side you can`t move in the matrix. it`s far more important to know how a spoon bends than to choose the right pill as you can only discern which is the way out by knowing which one is the way out.

Edited by remember

(restating above) If we taught everyone about enlightenment, we would make it a religion, and worship a figure. Which could be good or bad. Maybe a better tool would be to teach practical self-actualization skills, so that people aren't physcologically defenseless, causing less suffering in the world, although I'm sure there is some spin on this story where it could go wrong.

Maybe teach spiral dynamics? I feel like it could easily be corrupted but at the same time, it could also move people up the spiral.

You can organically grow a school, but it's difficult to know what an ideal school looks like in advance.

Maybe A school which looks normal from outside but inside has hidden secrets that they will find throughout their life at that school. A secret door, hidden manuscripts, like an adventure.

would that work?

This is a topic that I have been thinking quite a bit about. At the moment I work as a substitute teacher in a Danish “Folkeskole” (age 6-15), which I guess is similar to primary and middle school in the US. Not that long ago I went through the very system that I’m now working in. I’m 21 years old btw…

From my experience in the school system it is awfully disheartening to think that the Danish “Folkeskole” is among the most advanced schools in the world. Probably around 25% of what the students learn in school is among the stuff that I would consider valuable, and 20% of that is social teachings that they learn when they interact with other humans. 90% of the subjects that are taught are of no usage for the students, it is neither interesting nor is it character building, and whatever “skill” that they learn they will immediately forget the moment they embark on a new one. School should never be about repeating/reciting and blindly following whatever topic a teacher is spoon-feeding undeserving students. This is proven many times in the field of psychology to not help children’s learning processes, since most children learn the “best” through methods that are non-linear, non-repeating and non-boring and the school needs to adapt to this.

I think that the first step in changing and improving the schools will be to reinterpret the purpose of the school. At the moment the purpose of the school is not to shape the students into quality characters, into humans that are proficient in areas such as love, understanding and creativity. I hope that most people agree that great characters are more important than great grades, and this should be reflected in the structure of the school. The Danish “Folkeskole” is still very orange in its approach to learning, though I do see tendencies that point to the fact the some green values are being integrated into the subjects. I have seen virtually no yellow tendencies in the way that the schools are being run, but maybe that is just me not being able to spot them yet :) . The problem right now in the school system is that the teachers surely are not advanced enough to the point that you could just change the schools into a yellow/turquoise institution over night, since it will be way above 95% of all schoolteachers’ level of development. In order for us to change the school system fundamentally we will first need to change the schoolteachers fundamentally, and so we must gradually start to produce teachers that are suited for more advanced topics that lead to greater understanding of self, existence and spirituality...

Edited by CaptainBobbyOlsen

11 hours ago, CaptainBobbyOlsen said:

I have seen virtually no yellow tendencies in the way that the schools are being run,

my government teacher shows tendencies of yellow (though I'm not for sure about anything), and my AP composition and language teacher also showed some tendencies towards yellow. This is in California in the U.S. but as far as I can tell there are plenty of green and orange minds at my school as well.

Also I like the point you made :)

2 hours ago, Jamie Universe said:

my government teacher shows tendencies of yellow (though I'm not for sure about anything), and my AP composition and language teacher also showed some tendencies towards yellow. This is in California in the U.S. but as far as I can tell there are plenty of green and orange minds at my school as well.

Also I like the point you made :)

I guess that most schools have one, two or even three somewhat yellow teachers (not completely yellow but probably more green), but in practice this doesn’t change a thing since the center of gravity in the school is orange with sprinkles of green, which makes it hard for children to truly be expressions of higher values. When we will be able to spot true development in the school system the center of gravity has moved to green sprinkled with a little yellow. But only when a system that is truly yellow has been put into function will we see students who are able to empathize, think critically, be open-minded/non-dogmatic, spiritual and self-development orientated. The change in the school system will be a long and gradual development, and I hope that everyone here on actualized.org realize that changing the schools is among the highest priorities if we want a society that values truth, spirituality and love :)

In whatever way we can, in whatever degree of influence, we shall all do our utmost in trying to change the schools in our local area in whatever fashion that may be, as long as the change is rooted in higher values that are aligned with the greater good of both the individual and the society at large :) 

@CaptainBobbyOlsen Very insightful. The question is redefining the proper of the school. I have few amazing ideas like implementing "Objective Personality" in education system.

What would an ideal school have for you? 

No limits, unlimited money and unlimited imagination.

I would love to know.

@Vido what do you mean by objective personality? if you want to teach objective personality you need to include subjective personality as they are a cuppled pair, in some sense they exist codependently to each other. part of what i understood thanks to this forum or recaped from past lessons in my life is that subjectivity and objectivity are in a very close relationship to each other be careful about objectifying the world as you make it your subject then - but as a teacher what is a subject? so the relationship between the teacher and the subject can`t be an object, do you see this?

On 24.9.2019 at 10:40 AM, Vido said:

@CaptainBobbyOlsen Very insightful. The question is redefining the proper of the school. I have few amazing ideas like implementing "Objective Personality" in education system.

What would an ideal school have for you? 

No limits, unlimited money and unlimited imagination.

I would love to know.

I’m not familiar with “objective personality”, so I have no idea about it being useful in an advanced school or not.

Right now I don’t think that you/we should focus so much on the specific facets, which a “perfect” school will be comprised of, that will come naturally later on... Instead what you/we should focus on is simply that from which all the specific facets will grow. Creating the perfect corner stones.

A great starting point would be to agree on a specific purpose for the school. As has been stated before that purpose must in order for the school to be “advanced” contain love, spirituality, creativity and so on… Higher forms of expression… Could you formulate such a purpose?

Once a more advanced purpose for the school has been established, there will naturally be a tendency for the school to focus less on material subjects and more on spiritual subjects. And this is the point where we can now start to discuss different specific facets of an ideal school…

The most crucial thing that is missing right now for an advanced school to be able to function is that the larger structures in society is not compatible with advanced schools. At this point in time the children that are sent to school simply have not been equipped with enough knowledge and behavior-skills form kindergarten and their parents to facilitate great spiritual wisdom. Therefore an important element of creating advanced schools will be to educate kindergarten teachers and parents on things such as meditation and concentration. What I meet everyday at work is children who are not able to concentrate, and who have not received enough social skills for them to work on advanced subjects. This right here is vital… From the age of 0 until the age of 10 all efforts should be put into creating a space inside the children that is compatible with learning, and that space will only be created if all the structures of the child’s environment is advanced enough… this means that the kindergarten teachers must be advanced, it means that the schoolteachers must be advanced and that the parents must be advanced. Children should not waste their time on trying to learn math before they have developed themselves enough to the point where they are like a sponge, able to absorb lessons 10 times faster than they are now. If the children learn concentration, meditation and relaxation before they embark on trying to learn subjects like math, they will be able to learn the same amount in way less time. Right now 95% percent of every lesson is wasted on children who are not ready to absorb the lesson, they have not learned how to be a sponge and the classroom is therefore not a facilitator of great characters...

@CaptainBobbyOlsen  Agreed. It is certainly a tricky problem to solve. Need to find a way where children can develop independently. 

2 hours ago, Vido said:

@CaptainBobbyOlsen  Agreed. It is certainly a tricky problem to solve. Need to find a way where children can develop independently. 

What do you mean with "develop independently"? :) 

22 hours ago, Annonymous said:

@Jamie Universe I agree with you, in the past I thought of making a school based on teaching stuff like spiral dynamics,etc.

Interesting, anything that can hopefully make people more conscious I suppose