lucasgloves

Passing out on 1.5g of mushrooms - normal?

16 posts in this topic

Hello! Some months ago I tried dry mushrooms for the first time, only 1.5g. Some minutes after eating with strawberries I passed out at once. My girlfriend told me I fell on the ground and started to scream a lot. I woke and to me everthing was normal, I went lie down a little till the effects hit me - more intense than I imagined for such a small dose! I had deep insights about the nature of free will (thinking I was in control but wasn't at the same time), felt weird things about, identity, and much more No visual effects though.

Talking about passing out at the beggining, my girlfriend told me it really scared her, she was crying when I woke up. I wonder what it is, I searched it and it seems a really weird body answer. I have this thing called vasovagal syncope which makes me pass out when I take blood tests sometimes - my vision goes black, I feel numb, light-headed, and pass out. My doctor said it is a weird thing really, and can happen in a lot of situations, like in a warm enviroment, after hard exercises, or if you don't eat sugar for a long time. I experienced passing out in the gym and in the bus alright - one from not eating sugar I guess, the other form the weather being too hot and the bus too crowded maybe, but another day I was reading a book and got to a scene when a guy takes a cat heart out from his body and eat it. I tried not to think too much about it, but the scene grew ever more grotesque, and even while I wasnt like, afraid, I felt at the same time, maybe subconsciously, that scene was too much for me, like I have a body like that cat, and something like that can happen to it, it can be torn apart, get hit by a car, etc. Maybe these thoughts led me to pass out in the bus, I don't know.

Today at class I was thinking about the trip I had, it has been like three months now. And suddenly I felt really weird. I felt I wasn't controlling my actions, but at the same time I was, just like when I was tripping. And I had a big feeling I can't really describe, but I just felt I was God, and everyone in my room, and everything happening there, like God was that, and my little thoughts in my head were just trying to run away from it. I can't talk excactly how it felt but it was weird, and significative. It was like a force trying to make me accept it, like it was unavoidable, like it was always here but I never notice it, while my thoughts wanted to stay with me and just focus on the class, and distract myself with other stuff. My thoughts and this "presence" started to put some fear in me for how sudden it happened, while at the same time I tried to think well if thats the only way, if its unavoidable, I have to accept it, I have to let go, but I felt it was too much for me. I was just thinking about my trip in the class, it was really out of the blue. My vision went black like it happened in the trip, I felt really light-headed and almost passed out, the guy next to me told me I was pale white. I had to try to distract myself, force my attention on the class and put my thoughts away from what I just felt.

Now that I got home I wonder if passing out is a defense mechanism of my body when I'm realizing this big stuff, to prevent myself to know it. But thats just a shot. What do you people think is happening? I would be more open to do more trips if that didn't happen, it seems a weird reaction.

Thats definitely not normal, do you know the species of mushroom? Some psilocybes are way more potent at lower doses while on cubensis (most common in the US) 1.5g is a moderate to low dose.

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

They're Cubensis from a trusty farm, a friend recommended. Also my GF enjoyed the trip and didnt faint or anything so I cant blane the mushrooms

I also have this random passing-out, but it has never happened on a trip.

Good to know it can. Thanks for warning.

3 hours ago, LeoIsMe69 said:

serious question: did you forget to breathe?

No, actually I was focusing in my breath when I fainted!

Obviously not normal, but seems normal for you.

People have different brain chemistry and wiring.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 9/20/2019 at 10:44 PM, lucasgloves said:

What do you people think is happening?

Passed out once, and when I ‘came to’ I was fascinated because I vividly recalled my mind actually playing out as if I was choosing to pass out, as if it were totally on purpose. Might have been the first glimpse of the radical depth of sneakiness. 

Trip wise, a huge open space in nature, and just slowly walking during the onset might be good for you. Some people experience a ‘sleepyness’. when the waves roll in and out, or rather, when particles are revealed and and resumed.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Leo Gura I've taken lsd multiple times, and I never had any effects, my dosage was around 100-150 micrograms

On 9/23/2019 at 7:49 AM, Nahm said:

Passed out once, and when I ‘came to’ I was fascinated because I vividly recalled my mind actually playing out as if I was choosing to pass out, as if it were totally on purpose. Might have been the first glimpse of the radical depth of sneakiness. 

Trip wise, a huge open space in nature, and just slowly walking during the onset might be good for you. Some people experience a ‘sleepyness’. when the waves roll in and out, or rather, when particles are revealed and and resumed.

Intersting, my girlfriend said it was like someone pressed a button in my brain when the mushrooms hit me and I fainted automatically; when I open my eyes my pupils were huge.

Once when I smoke too much weed I had a similar experience. My body started tingling all of a sudden, and I felt I was fainting, but I didn't. I felt weird as hell, though. I felt I wasn't really there and was pretty sure I was going to die. I have this symptom called depersonalization which makes you feel like you're watching yourself in a dream or a movie, and your body feel like it is not yours - a feeling which is hard to describe but I deal with it for many years. Its similarity with the description of enlightenment was what draw me to Leo's channel; only depersonalization is not a good feeling, it just creates a lot of fear and anxiety. For the last two-three years, lost the count already, I've been meditating every day consistently, and my depersonalization effects are much better. 

Funny how I felt something like depersonalization in the trip, but different. I don't know if it have something to with the fainting, probably not, but who knows...

@lucasgloves  It is astounding indeed. Our sneakiness knows no bounds.   I’d you’re ahead of it, slowly walk backwards during the onset. Can’t fall asleep walkin backwards. It also tunes you into the body, and Is grounding & centering. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 9/23/2019 at 9:08 AM, Mezanti said:

@Leo Gura I've taken lsd multiple times, and I never had any effects, my dosage was around 100-150 micrograms

Yup, some people need a much higher than average dose.

Try 250ug, then 350ug, then 500ug.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

My last and most profound mushroom trip culminated in a physical death that presented as a psycho-somatic seizure to those around me (I was dead at the time so I didn't know my body was convulsing until I started to come back into it and noticed its tense and contorted position relax out of the seizure.) While I was dead there was no concept of self OR other, there was nothing. Although I have a strange memory of seeing a buddha face made out of TV snow/checkerboard.

Maybe this is what a body without a spirit does?

A friend told me years ago that he had a seizure during a shroom trip and I was shocked, but now 10 years later it's happened to me.

My nurse friend told me that if it was a real seizure that I wouldn't have been able to immediately stand back up, give a smile and a thumbs up, and then walk away like I did.  (to calm down the panicking Thai restaurant workers. This happened in the middle of a resto in Thailand on Panaeolus Cyanescens) She told me that the medical term "psycho-somatic seizure" is what I experienced.

This is the trip that caused me "Self And God" realization. (I lifted that term from the Light and Sound teachings) It occurred to me in this trip that the point of life is to fall as deeply in love with God as possible. (which I'm now starting to suspect may be infinitely deep)

apologies for all the parens

I feel like I need a lot of work if indeed I want to go deeper in understanding reality, or either let go more. If I want to have another trip on mushrooms, do you guys recommend a higher dosage or lower, keeping in mind my weird reactions? I read somewhere a low dosage is actually worse cause you still have a lot of anxiety from your ego, while the mushrooms try to take you deeper but you can't due to your resistance - dont know if that's true. 

What about LSD, would it be any different? 

Also I read some people in this forum defending the pursue of awakening without the use of psychedelics, I got curious, they seem to really make everything a lot easier. But how deep can one go with meditation, inquiries, yogas, etc.?

Don't do it if you have a condition, the same thing happened to an ex - girlfriend that had diabetes. I drove her to the hospital she entered a diabetic coma for a day she woke not remember anything. I was unaffected the whole time with the same dose. 

yes i generally take 2g dried and always pass out but the boundary between asleep and awake usually gets transcended so it makes no difference.