Truth Addict

Infinite or vastly huge?

20 posts in this topic

I've been pondering the concept 'infinity' for a few days now.

What I don't understand yet is that how is it even possible to reach that conclusion?

Because to say that reality is infinite, one must watch the infinite from the outside as an observer, but that defeats the original position of infinity. So, we get stuck in a strange-loop.

So, I thought, what if reality is simply vastly huge compared to us human beings? Like the size of a microbe compared to a human being, etc...

I mean it seems like it's infinite and there doesn't seem to be anything to contradict this. But on the other hand, there's nothing to support this claim for the reason I mentioned above.

In mathematics we say that if a number is very little and close to zero, we can dismiss it and treat it like zero. The same applies for infinity, if a number is vastly huge, we can call it infinity.

Is infinity merely a concept?

I'm kind of stuck here. Any suggestions?

Edited by Truth Addict

absolute infinity is the god of infinite possibilities without contradictions 

infinite possibilities means all possibilties must play out 

that means that all possibilities are real and they extend to infinity because there's no "stop" to stop something is to make it finite 

so the hulk, avengers, riding hood, aqua man , heaven    are all physical "real" places right here! all possibilities playing out right here! 

infinite possibilities, infinite time lines, infinite because the god-substace is formless and love-empty. it can be anything and so even a finite object is infinite because it can extend to infinity 

all things can extend to infininity, the total number of infinities, is absolute infinity  ... all infinities put together into one. hence we call absolute infinity one because absolute infinity is experiencing all of it at once, because it is it. 

the ramificiations are 

anything you can imagine, anything you can speak about, anything you have an idea about, any symbol you use , any form of communication, any form of art work, anything that you can creatively think of is absolutely real in absolute infinity and so no matter what ones say it is the absolute truth in the relative sense, we have locational physical barriers obviously and that's why we can't say why can't i see it, because your suspended somewhere in no-where., no- here, no-why , no-how , no-what . we can put this in onto three word 

infinite consciousness and infinite imagination and infinite unconditional love for its creation. 

The role of absolute infinity is to create infinite possibilities. 

Edited by Aakash

@Aakash

Thank you, but this does not make sense to me at the moment. I'm questioning the validity of the concept 'infinity', not what it means.

How do you know that reality is infinite not vastly huge? What if there are limits after all? We might say that there does not seem to be limits, but we haven't either proven no-limits.

My little brother says that humans crave discovering stuff and claim righteousness. Are we just bullshitting ourselves?

Also, why be a limited human if I am reality and infinite? The answer is not to experience all POVs.

Edited by Truth Addict

@Truth Addict infinity is a concept 

do this exercise 

imagine a pulse start from your chest and push it out as far as you can 

this is infinity, "never ending". 

@Aakash I don't understand the exercise.

P.S. Edited previous post.

4 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@Truth Addict 

this is infinity, "never ending". 

Life will end. No doubts about that, I guess. The ego will die.

Edited by Truth Addict

@Truth Addict how do you define reality?

what is "reality"

it is certainly not ONE PARTICULAR THING... like a house, or a city, or country

it is EVERYTHING right?

your definition of REALITY that is

reality is that which includes everything and anything 

so, if you're thinking in terms of size space-wise... space is also included in that definition.

when you say it is VASTLY HUGE, that implies A VERY LARGE SIZE... but a finite size

say it was vastly huge... what would that outer limit look like? if you include space in your definition of infinite... what does an end to empty space look like?

you see... there is NO end to empty space... and end would be what? a brick wall? or something less subtle than empty space preventing one travelleing thru that empty space to go beyond?

what would be on the OTHER SIDE of that bloackade? you see...

reality...

REALITY MUST BE infinite... because a finite reality CANNOT be the case.

because if there is a boundry of some sort... there is something on the other side of that boundry

so that boundry, if there does exist one, is also part of that reality... and that boundry would also be infinte... and as part of reality... it would again come back to the conclusion that reality is infininte :)

whichever way you slice it

IT IS ONE

but it IS INFINITE!

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

Infinity just means nothing, so things can be infinity large or infinitely small. Nothing is so infinite that it creates a vantage point of perception which can call things large or small. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Truth Addict imagine a nuclear bomb going off from inside your chest and it never ending and expands to infinity. 

I just realising why are you making it so confusing for yourself, why not just go direct "there" .. you'd have all the theory you can gather on the questions without asking only the children LOOOL! its stupid of you bro, use your head.  aAHHHAHA

Edited by Aakash

@Truth Addict If Reality were a finite size then you would be able to go outside of it and perceive it from that outside vantage point. 

Yet, perception is a type of experience. So long as you experience, you exist. So you would still exist outside of this finite object, which means it couldn’t be all of existence. 

Even if you zoomed out further and escaped a larger (but still finite object) you would still be perceiving it from the outside. Hence, there’d still be perception, experience, and existence. This goes on infinitely...

You can never escape perception, which means you can never escape reality. What’s inescapable? Infinity. It goes outward forever, never to be seen from the outside 

Edited by Synchronicity

@Truth Addict Infinity is a bitch because it doesn't really align with the way our minds work.  I'm not going to try to argue anything about what infinity may or may not be, but I will argue that it is an inevitability.  So this doesn't mean that 'reality' (whatever we think of or mean by that term) is infinite, but that it must be couched within infinity (and weirdly, therefore also be infinity itself, even if 'reality' is not infinite - as there can be nothing other than infinity.  So anything finite must be a defined part of infinity, therefore infinity itself... see what I mean about it not being the way our minds work?)

Anyway, it's as simple as this:

Picture a finite thing.  You're picturing it in a space.  What are the boundaries of that space?  You're picturing that within another space... keep going indefinitely.  You'll hit an infinite "amount" of spaces and an infinite "amount" of boundaries - it will never, ever stop.  It might sound unsatisfying if you want to make infinity a thing, but it's not a thing.  Thus you're not going to be able to think of or picture it.  

You can also do the same thing in reverse (which is useful, as we tend to think of infinity in some way as meaning "really big", when all it means is not-finite).  So picture the tiniest thing you can think of.  What's it made of?  Ok, so what is that made of... ad infinitum.

But we can argue infinity as a certainty:

Infinity must be, because we have two options;

1) Something exists.  Therefore (as above) it unceasingly expands to infinity.

2) Nothing exists.  Therefore nothingness is infinite, as there is nothing to bound nothingness.

Either way, infinity is an inevitability.

But that doesn't necessarily mean that what we think of as reality is infinite.  Or what we think of when we imagine infinity is infinite.  Or anything else.  Just that infinity is inevitable, and our minds aren't really made to get it.

Edited by Telepresent

4 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

I've been pondering the concept 'infinity' for a few days now.

What I don't understand yet is that how is it even possible to reach that conclusion?

It is not possible to reach as a conclusion, infinity is limiting itself creating the appearance of the mind which is contemplating what the infinity is. 

Because to say that reality is infinite, one must watch the infinite from the outside as an observer,

The communication depends on what is pointed to with the words...but, reality, as in appearance of selves & things...is an appearance. Infinity can be the point from which the totality of the appearance is seen, infinity can not be seen from the vantage point of the appearance. (The appearance is not the “knower” in the direct experience...but in appearance) (this is next to impossible to communicate in duality / words.)

but that defeats the original position of infinity. So, we get stuck in a strange-loop.

Strange loops is a concept. Infinity can’t have positions. (Yet all positions are infinity, yada yada)

So, I thought, what if reality is simply vastly huge compared to us human beings?

Infinity is not sizable or measurable. Conceptually, one would arrive at strange loops as a conclusion, but again, that one called of the search to early. 

Like the size of a microbe compared to a human being, etc...

More useful, imo, is to contemplate the odds that the human body is smack dab in the middle, size wise, of an atom, and the earth. What are the chances of this? 

I mean it seems like it's infinite and there doesn't seem to be anything to contradict this. But on the other hand, there's nothing to support this claim for the reason I mentioned above.

I think this comment is helpful...not sure...      “seems” = “appearance”. 

In mathematics we say that if a number is very little and close to zero, we can dismiss it and treat it like zero. The same applies for infinity, if a number is vastly huge, we can call it infinity.

Math & numbers are appearance. Infinity in math points to appearance. A mathematician surely could ‘know’, but then they’d be knowing of the distinction too. 

Is infinity merely a concept?

NO> IT> IS> NOT> ? (also, all concepts are infinity, yada yada)

I'm kind of stuck here. Any suggestions?

Meditation every single morning, self inquiry - psychedelics. Also...what is seen within infinity is the fascinating experience, imo, more so than the infinitude actuality of infinity. And here is a comment no one will enjoy - the “seeing” of this, is directly, perfectly, precisely related - to you - comings & goings, sayings & doings - as appearance. The addition of collective consciousness matters & considerations added to the forum is not coincidental.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Infinity is not a something you can reason about. Realization of infinity requires a new state of consciousness which you have not yet had.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You Will fall and fall forever through Pure Love to Infinity. Void has no bottom. You Will have nothing to hold onto, you will scream for help but there won't be any. Love Will Grow more and more to Infinity and beyond. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

In the pondering of a concept, You are the pondering ,and that which is pondered.
From where or from what, is that thing which is being pondered,conceived or "born"? That which conceives or forms a concept,idea or thought,becomes or takes the form of the thing/object/form, conceived. That which ponders,is  and isn't (simultaneous paradox) the form/concept/thing pondered.
In other words, Self pondering Self,Reality pondering Reality,God pondering God etc,etc.

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

@Truth Addict  if you zoom in there is only a commata which devides, there is no zero. but then you didn`s say in what direction and zero is a point in infinity you have to define first. but it is beyond definition and above it at the same time.

Edited by remember

Trying to grasp infinity with mind is like moving around in all directions inside an infinite sanbox while losing sight of other directions and dimensions. Because the screen has limits altough the sanbox is infinite itself. Screen has limits, it's 22 inch, it has a flat surface, it's resolution is 1920x1080...

This video could zoom and continue forever. But the screen will always be limited. 

Everything we do, like self-inquiry, meditation etc. or substances we use like Psychedelics can be helpful to expand minds resolution if the person do or use them properly.

At some point it will realize itself.

Consciousness is artificial, but not made.

That was pure genius my bro

Edited by Aakash