Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Voladores

How to stop this paranoia?

27 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@Truth Addict  Shutting your mind is not the same thing as repressing though

They're the same thing to me. And they both are unhealthy if excessive.

I'm now in a state of no-mind, I think however I want. I let the thoughts do their job, and I enjoy the process. My life is amazing right now!

Edited by Truth Addict

4 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

They're the same thing to me. And they both are unhealthy if excessive.

I'm now in a state of no-mind, I think however I want. I let the thoughts do their job, and I enjoy the process. My life is amazing right now!

good for you :) 

On 9/20/2019 at 8:36 AM, Voladores said:

When I'm among people, walking down a street or at some gathering, I think people despise me. I feel as if I cause disgust just by being around. Especially when around girls. I think it's not ordinary social anxiety. Can't even describe the depth of this feeling. As if i'm corrupted, cursed, and the most revolting creature ever existed. I dont want people to look at me, talk to me or even touch me. 

just a question to get closer to the problem. i know that feeling in a less intense form and somehow it disappeared over time, so i`m interested in how it is about seeing yourself in the mirror, what does it feel like? any strange experiences with looking into the mirror? it`s a question about your relationship to yourself. maybe you can start to observe your emotions and voices by looking into the mirror, staring is not the right way to start - maybe on an advanced level...because that might even knock you out. so be careful to not get to emersed in the dialog with yourself, just observe it. how does looking into a mirror usually take place? also notice every positive feeling that arises! (another question is if you smoke weed?)

Edited by remember

@Voladores  Practice mindfulness. You are not a douchebag. I am a douchebag that's looking at me from inside the mirror is just a thought. If you shut your mind and look at the mirror, who is there?

@bejapuskas Logically I understand that there is just an ordinary human being in reflection, but somehow my ego feels aversion to it. I think it's called toxic shame. Though I try to be mindful, this feeling never goes away, especially in crowded places. 

@Voladores  Be careful with this „my ego is doing this, my selfishness causes me to do that...“ it is just blaming, limiting beliefs, helplessness. You are in control, nobody else is, you have to fix these things if you want. The ego will not just walk away, if you keep thinking about it.