Huz

Powerful Quotes Post Here

789 posts in this topic

“If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?”

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

“People only get really interesting when they start to rattle the bars of their cages.”

Alain de Botton

“You ask me how I became a madman. It happened thus: One day, long before many gods were born, I woke from a deep sleep and found all my masks were stolen,--the seven masks I have fashioned an worn in seven lives,--I ran maskless through the crowded streets shouting, 'Thieves, thieves, the cursed thieves.' 

Men and women laughed at me and some ran to their houses in fear of me. 

And when I reached the market place, a youth standing on a house-top cried, 'He is a madman.' I looked up to behold him; the sun kissed my own naked face for the first time. For the first time the sun 

kissed my own naked face and my soul was inflamed with love for the sun, and I wanted my masks no more. And as if in a trance I cried, 'Blessed, blessed are the thieves who stole my masks.' 

Thus I became a madman. 

And I have found both freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. 

But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief.”

by Khalil Gibran

Edited by MsNobody

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

images(97).jpg

quotation-marianne-williamson-fear-inspirational-meetville-quotes-214979.jpg

Les-Brown-Land-among-the-stars.jpg

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Galadriel:
Mithrandir... why the Halfling?

Gandalf:
...I don't know. Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I've found it is the small things, everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay. Simple acts of kindness and love. Why Bilbo Baggins? Perhaps it is because I am afraid... and he gives me courage.

"A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time."

-The Odyssey

"Ah how shameless – the way these mortals blame the gods. From us alone they say come all their miseries yes but they themselves with their own reckless ways compound their pains beyond their proper share."

-The Odyssey

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all."

-Aristotle

"Know Thyself", "All Things in Moderation"

-Delphic Maxims

"Fall down seven times, get up eight"

-Chinese Proverb

Edited by OrpheusNovum

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all."

-Aristotle 

Man did not weave the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. What he does to the web he does to himself.

This is just a small piece from Black Elk's vision he had as a boy. The whole thing is fairly cryptic and some have compared it to Ezekiel's Vision in the Old Testament. Joseph Campbell studied on it a lot. The first sentence here is powerful. 

And while I stood there I saw more than I can tell and understood more than I saw;

And while I stood there I saw more than I can tell and understood more than I saw; for I was seeing in a sacred manner the shapes of all things in the spirit, and the shape of all shapes as they must live together like one being. And I saw that the sacred hoop of my people was one of many hoops that made one circle, wide as daylight and as starlight, and in the center grew one mighty flowering tree to shelter all the children of one mother and one father. And I saw that it was holy.

Most agree that the definitive book is titled Black Elk Speaks.

IMG_0512.JPG

IMG_0513.JPG

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

DDKm6ahW0AAbffh.jpg

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

Get up and try again

jordan.jpg

God is love

And God in them

the-thing-that-is-really-hard-and-really-amazing-is-giving-up-on-being-perfect-403x403-nk2bw1.jpg

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

On 5/5/2019 at 11:12 PM, Shin said:

Get up and try again

jordan.jpg

sent this exact quote to my brother yesterday, synchronicity!

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Never forget

8ae15ed492b5c8de24a5249b77fc34d2.jpg

?????????????????????

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

On 6/20/2016 at 11:09 PM, Key Elements said:

"The world is a great book of which they who never stir from home read only one page."

-Augustine 

Exceptionally powerful

"Think for yourself, question authority. Throughout human history, our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness; chaotic, confused vulnerability, to inform yourself." - Timothy Leary

“We are caged by our cultural programming. Culture is a mass hallucination, and when you step outside the mass hallucination you see it for what it’s worth.”

“What civilization is, is 6 billion people trying to make themselves happy by standing on each other’s shoulders and kicking each other’s teeth in. It’s not a pleasant situation.”

“It’s clearly a crisis of two things: of consciousness and conditioning. We have the technological power, the engineering skills to save our planet, to cure disease, to feed the hungry, to end war; but we lack the intellectual vision, the ability to change our minds. We must decondition ourselves from 10,000 years of bad behavior. And, it’s not easy.”

“Culture is a perversion. It fetishizes objects, creates consumer mania, it preaches endless forms of false happiness, endless forms of false understanding in the form of squirrelly religions and silly cults. It invites people to diminish themselves and dehumanize themselves by behaving like machines.

“Television is by nature the dominator drug par excellence. Control of content, uniformity of content, repeatability of content make it inevitably a tool of coercion, brainwashing, and manipulation.”

“We are told ‘no’, we’re unimportant, we’re peripheral. ‘Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.’ And then you’re a player, you don’t want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.”

“It’s all about love… making someone else’s existence just a little easier. Nothing else matters, I know this now.” ALL TERENCE MCKENNA

I love the following quote by Tanya Markul : 

"I used to try to be good. I thought no one wanted me as I was, so 'good' was my go-to. But 'good' got me nowhere not like truth. Truth, she tore me to shreds, devoured me whole and spit me out shaking and new. Truth keeps a box of matches in my pocket, while 'good' made me afraid of transformative fire. Truth keeps me real, even if it makes everyone in the room uncomfortable, and truth unlike 'good' doesn't let me bow down to bullshit or undeserving soapboxes. Truth doesn't let me give in to bullies, misguided and fear-based criticism or cowards. Truth is a queen and a humanitarian while 'good', she's a silent scared little sheep. Truth knows that 'good' dulls my already radiant, fierce and loving soul. 'Good' showed me how to hide my wings, my words and angel vision. Truth taught me to be brave. Truth taught me how to respect myself. Truth allows me to hold impenetrable space for any story, but first and foremost, for my own. And truth, well, she changes everything, and friend she's coming for you, too. "

"Intelligence is the ability to change" - Albert Einstein

My favorite from leo 

"Always do the most emotionally difficult, always do what is most emotionally difficult to do"

"It is very easy to rant against the corruption of others 
It's much harder to carefully observe your own corruption and to let it go and to act with integrity that is the real worl here, both individually and collectively" ~ LEO GURA