Huz

Powerful Quotes Post Here

789 posts in this topic

Anyone have any uplifting quotes I thought it would be a good idea to post here. 

I just made this one and thought it could be helpful.

"The only thing to regret in life is the fact that you think that there is something to regret"

Edited by Huz88

“We have been to the moon, we have charted the depths of the ocean and the heart of the atom, but we have a fear of looking inward to ourselves because we sense that is where all the contradictions flow together.” -Terence McKenna

"The one who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. Those who walk alone are likely to find themselves in places no one has ever been before." -Albert Einstein

Hallå

One I made up was 

"It is entirely your responsibility, how you feel about anything" 

a couple I got from Leo's videos 

- Internal wealth is how happy you can be doing nothing

- Accepting your handicaps requires that you love yourself over and over and over and over again

and some others I have found

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

A friend was afraid of water her entire life, afraid to even put her face in the water. I didn't seen her for 2 months when she told me she recently learned to swim. Impressed, I asked her how she did it. This is how she explained it:

"Quite frankly, I'm still afraid of water, but I wont let that get in the way of my growth. It always comes down to mindset. If your excuses are holding you back, change your mindset."

i was so moved by what she said. i feel like it was even more powerful and relatable because it was said by a person who I knew, and not by a "famous" person.

quote by charlie2dogs:

Pretending to seek self realization by creating never ending topics dealing with issues of the human identity,  instead of seeking self realization itself,  will not produce self realization.

1 minute ago, charlie2dogs said:

quote by charlie2dogs:

Pretending to seek self realization by creating never ending topics dealing with issues of the human identity,  instead of seeking self realization itself,  will not produce self realization.

Now the question is, how many will make excuses rather than seeing the reality of charlie's quote.

"If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always got"

The Delphic Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone of all the Greeks know that I know nothing.

-Socrates

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." -Marianne Williamson

The Delphic Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone of all the Greeks know that I know nothing.

-Socrates

Love is as love does ( love is a verb, not a feeling)

Ships don't sink because of the water around them,  but because of the water that gets IN them.

Your best teacher is your last mistake. 

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll,

For I´m the master of my fate,

I am... the captain of my soul!

Own quote

Excuses are ways in which the lower man validates himself and his own suffereing. Mistakes are always preferable for their value is not fixed but chosen.

Own quote

Excuses are ways in which the lower man validates himself and his own suffereing. Mistakes are always preferable for their value is not fixed but chosen.

"4 billion years ago aliens came flying around, saw the earth and said: Just a bunch of rocks. Later they came around again and saw the most beautiful mountains, forests and trees, so they said: Whuu, see it did something intelligent. So when you see rocks, BE CAUTIOUS." - paraphrased from an Alan Watts lecture

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

“Happiness is your nature. It is not wrong to desire it. What is wrong is seeking it outside when it is inside.” 
― Ramana Maharshi

“It is always the false that makes you suffer, the false desires and fears, the false values and ideas, the false relationships between people. Abandon the false and you are free of pain; truth makes happy, truth liberates.” 
― Nisargadatta Maharaj

“All you want is to be happy. All your desires, whatever they may be, are longing for happiness. Basically, you wish yourself well...desire by itself is not wrong. It is life itself, the urge to grow in knowledge and experience. It is choices you make that are wrong. To imagine that some little thing-food, sex, power, fame-will make you happy is to decieve oneself. Only something as vast and deep as your real self can make you truly and lastingly happy.” 
― Nisargadatta Maharaj

“You may die a hundred deaths without a break in the mental turmoil. Or, you may keep your body and die only in the mind. The death of the mind is the birth of wisdom.” 
― Nisargadatta Maharaj, I Am That: Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

Hallå

I came up with one this morning

"I'm perfectly happy for people to judge me, it doesn't add or take anything away from me"

<3

On 5/21/2016 at 4:15 PM, Saarah said:

I came up with one this morning

"I'm perfectly happy for people to judge me, it doesn't add or take anything away from me"

<3

@Saarah Nice! Here's one:

Let he who moves the world first move himself. I believe it was Socrates