Huz

Powerful Quotes Post Here

789 posts in this topic

“At the center of our being is a point of nothingness which is untouched by sin and by illusion, a point of pure truth, a point or spark which belongs entirely to God, which is never at our disposal, from which God disposes of our lives, which is inaccessible to the fantasies of our own mind or the brutalities of our own will. This little point of nothingness and of absolute poverty is the pure glory of God in us. It is so to speak His name written in us, as our poverty, as our indigence, as our dependence, as our sonship. It is like a pure diamond, blazing with the invisible light of heaven. It is in everybody, and if we could see it we would see these billions of points of light coming together in the face and blaze of a sun that would make all the darkness and cruelty of life vanish completely ... I have no program for this seeing. It is only given. But the gate of heaven is every- where.”

― Thomas Merton

"Believe nothing,

No matter where you read it,

Or who has said it,

Not even if I have said it,

Unless it agrees with your own reason

And your own common sense."

--Buddha

If each one of us can give full attention to what is actually ‘blocking’ communication while he is also attending properly to the content of what is communicated, then we may be able to create something new between us, something of very great significance for bringing to an end the at present insoluble problems of the individual and of society.

David Bohm

17 hours ago, Faceless said:

If each one of us can give full attention to what is actually ‘blocking’ communication while he is also attending properly to the content of what is communicated, then we may be able to create something new between us, something of very great significance for bringing to an end the at present insoluble problems of the individual and of society.

My favorite one. 

To understand suffering, you must go beyond pain and pleasure. Your own desires and fears prevent you from understanding and thereby helping others. In reality there are no others, and by helping yourself you help everybody else. If you are serious about the suffering of mankind, you must perfect the only means of help you have, yourself.

Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

“The truth is that you already are what you are seeking.” 
― Adyashanti

The reality you experience is a reflection of what you believe is most possible.

B R E A T H E

23 hours ago, Ether said:

“The truth is that you already are what you are seeking.” 
― Adyashanti

Great

@Dinesh Karki "I used antidepressants to stop suffering, to transcend it,my biggest fear. But ironacally, I have to get out of them, possibly suffer to transcend it."

-Ether

"I can see in my own life the way in which clinging has caused me suffering. I remember years ago as I was losing my hair, how much I clung to somebody that had hair."

- Ram Dass

“Stop trying to ‘fix’ yourself; you’re not broken! You are perfectly imperfect and powerful beyond measure.”

- Steve Maraboli

There is nothing to learn but to unlearn.

B R E A T H E

''The limit of my language is the limit of my world'' —Ludwig Wittgenstein