Huz

Powerful Quotes Post Here

789 posts in this topic

"Enter their minds, and you’ll find the judges you’re so afraid of – and how judiciously they judge themselves."

- Marcus Aurelius

This one is sooooooo powerful to me whenever I worry about what other people think of me...this quote is seared into my brain and I might get it tatooed one day

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

6:12 It doesn't take a huge leap to see that your internal state-- the domain of your emotions, moods, emotions, thinking, and internal dialogue-- governs your behavior. What's harder to grasp is that the content of this domain has an even more obscure function and character.

6:13 We generally think of manipulation as an activity that shows up only in our behavior and communication with other people. Since we assume that emotions are largely caused by circumstance, it doesn't occur to us that our feelings arise for the sole purpose of creating some effect in us in order to manipulate our own state of mind, or motivate certain behavior to manipulate others or the environment. Emotions are manipulations, not perceptions. 

6:14 Emotions occur when we interpret circumstances-- both within the environment and within our minds-- and then relate this interpretation to our own self-identity. This produces a disposition or reaction within us that is consistent within our own self-agenda. Because we remain oblivious to the source of the feeling, we're also oblivious to our participation in creating it, even when it causes us great pain. Perhaps we should look at how emotions evolved and for what purpose.

From Pursuing Consciousness: The Book of Enlightenment and Transformation by Peter Ralston.

Where the calm mind is there is
strength and rest, there is love and
wisdom; there is one who has fought
successfully innumerable battles against
self, who, after long toil in secret against
his own failings, has triumphed at last.

James Allen

"it's all about love... making some else's existence just a little easier. Nothing else matters, I know this now."

-Terence McKenna
Last Words Interview

7:39 When some seemingly existential self-aspect is assumed to be a flaw-- if you are somehow worthless in a world that demands worth, or incapable when survival is the prime principle-- then all you can do is try to compensate for this flaw. Your interpretation of everything encountered will be generated in relation to this "fact" of you, and so all sorts of reactions and manipulations will be undertaken in an attempt to manage this state of affairs.

From Pursuing Consciousness: The Book of Enlightenment and Transformation by Peter Ralston

"The 21st century illiterate will be the one who can't learn, unlearn and relearn"

This quote struck me big time. I guess with self actualization/enlightenment thing, we are doing exactly this. Becoming aware of conditioning then unwiring it and finally rewiring to learn to live basically the same life from the scratch...with baby steps...from a radical new place.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

The first step towards enlightenment is to know oneself  - Me

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

The early bird gets the worm, but seriously who wants to eat worms for breakfast?

"You can't outrun the self...
...But you can outclimb it." -passing thought of mine while driving yesterday

"A man only begins to be a man
when he ceases to whine and revile, and
commences to search for the hidden justice
which regulates his life. And as he adapts
his mind to that regulating factor, he
ceases to accuse others as the cause of his
condition, and builds himself up in strong
and noble thoughts; ceases to kick against
circumstances, but begins to use them as
aids to his more rapid progress, and as a
means of discovering the hidden power
and possibilities within himself." -James Allen

"it's all about love... making some else's existence just a little easier. Nothing else matters, I know this now."

-Terence McKenna
Last Words Interview

1 hour ago, Snick said:

Self actualize like a mad person, go all in! Conceptualize, intellectualize, questioning, do all the practices, read all books, over-prepare!

Then trough it all away, unlearn everything, and let your inner nature be your only guide and help in life, you need no more! 

This speaks to me too deeply haha <3

-Terence McKenna
Last Words Interview

93997effc51f29a237e1692dfea0af54--son-qu

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

"We must help each other... Because there are men out there who would steal the meat from your bones."

"A Red Death" by Walter Mosley