Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mada_

Dullness in the head after shambhavi mahamudra kriya

4 posts in this topic

Hello all, 

After doing shambhavi mahamudra kriya regularly after my initiation with Sadghuru 2 months ago, I've begun experiencing what feels like spinal fluid that has kind of leaked around brumadhya; the forehead feels dull and there is slight pain. 

My kundalini symptoms have become very intense, but it feels like the energy does not consecrate at brumadhya rather distictly, moreso surges at this point and around it. 

When I'm doing the practice it is clear that my mind and beliefs about the practice are in the way. The mind tries to do the practice needily. I accept this and just go on with the practices, doing them as precisely as possible and with surrender. 

I was wondering if this dullness will just clear itself. I am aware that the "problem" is a thought, but also aware that the eyes themselves and entire forehead feel like they are exhausted or asleep whilst the rest of the body is awake. Thoughts, mood and concentration are about as stable as a waving flag in a strong wind. 

I have also been struggling lately with lashout eating addiction, but have managed to avoid eating beyond the recommended time frame. I should also mention the neck is quite weak so often I lose control of it when observing brumadhya and it kind of falls back and spins around. 

Has anyone overcome this or experienced this? I noticed Leo has a book on his booklist that talks about kundalini and precautions to take. Would reiki therapy perhaps be of help? 

I live close to Melbourne in Australia if anyone has recommendations for institutions that could help - I have contacted an Isha volunteer to see whether I should postpone the practices. 

Any guidance or pointers to content would be greatly appreciated. 

Thankyou

Additional experiences I've been having that may be related

- nose bleeds

- barking like a dog 

16 minutes ago, Chi_ said:

Are you intentionally focusing in between your eye brows or observing the natural focus as you tilt your head up? 

The former is the wrong way to do it, to my understanding and could potentially be causing the issue you describe here 

I go between intentionally focusing and then letting trying to let that go

The only problems are in your mind. Your mind is the only problem. You're on the right path. Maybe doubt yourself a little less, think a little less. Your shadow may come up and beat the crap out of you. Your behaviour may stop matching your intentions. That's OK. Keep walking :)