Leo Gura

Questions About Fear? - Ask Here

43 posts in this topic

What is consider to be one of the most difficult fear to overcome? 

Is it possible to live in society (have a job/profession, family > identity) and be free from fear? Or do you have to become a hermit/spiritual teacher?

I liked that in part 1 you spoke about some fears of yours.

It makes it less conceptual and more grounded in experience,
and it shows a good example of how to deal with fear one is actually experiencing.

So yeah, please continue that in part 2 ?

To which extend is it possible to solve fear. Which (basic survival) fears need to be accepted in life? 

Subcouncious fear, trauma, phobia, fear of sex

Edited by Wekz

8 hours ago, Peo said:

What is consider to be one of the most difficult fear to overcome? 

4 hours ago, Dylan Page said:

Talk about fear of death

Question and answer :)

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

recently i discovered a method in a book that explains a simple method on how to get a lot of things done by a method called D.R.A.T what means discipline, relaxation, attention, transformation. watching the last video i found out why the letting go of fear method doesn`t work for me. as i am in denial/avoidance of blue structures, what means i try to avoid structures that are stiff, normative, rigid, bureaucratic, over regulating and dogmatic. so in a sense i am in denial and avoidance of fear as these structures work or are installed to regulate basic fears. so in a sense i can`t work with the fear method what has some parallels to that method in how it works, let`s call it F.R.A.T  fear, relaxation, attention, transformation because i`m in avoidance of blue discipline. somehow i wonder if it is a fear of using fear to solve problems as i`m not in fear of the basic survival stuff, so i`m more in lack of fear than having too much of it. so i was wondering if there are other methods to attain discipline instead of fear to then work with F.R.A.T on discipline. it`s really a little bit upside down. life purpose is not enough to overcome it, creativity is not fast enough to overcome it, fear seems to be a good regulator for discipline. also working with applying fear to what i am in denial about doesn`t really work because the avoidance/fear of discipline is bigger than the avoidance/fear of the survival issue. in that sense what to do if we already have let go of fear, through relaxation about it without being more attentive about it when the A in F.R.A.T becomes avoidance instead of attention?

just realized, it`s a R.R.A.T problem or maybe an A.R.A.T problem (attention, relaxation, avoidance, transformation) even C.R.A.T (confrontation, relaxation, attention, transformation) is not enough to get to the root of the problem.

Edited by remember

Why does a person still have the fear of being told to be ugly even if he/she is convinced to be ugly?

@Templesign that`s exactly the same, it`s also F.R.A.T but with avoidance in the relaxation part. i wonder if discipline could help in that aspect, too...or at least a lot of people then start to work against that feeling by trying to work on their physiognomy, sometimes overexeccively, to get positive feedback first... but in general it`s a tension problem, doesn`t matter how it was inflicted, by others who polished their egos or if it is about self critique and underestimation of the own potential it`s self fulfilling prophesy.

Edited by remember

"you don't have fear when you're sitting there enjoying yourself watching TV, eating a good meal, you don't have fear. You only have fear when you're in a dangerous situation."

When you have a serious anxiety disorder, you do. What would you recommend for fear/anxiety (that jittery, unpleasant feeling in the body) that often comes up without any apparent reason in people with anxiety disorders?

"All fear is lack of consciousness. If you were totally conscious, I'm telling you that you would not fear anything"

Do you mean that you would have no objective measures of fear in the body? I've had a breakthrough experience where "I" wasn't there but sensations were still present and heart was pounding really fast, the body was still terrified/anxious.

Do you think total consciousness where you are fearless, is possible to maintain in daily life? I would call myself an advanced meditator (stage 8/9 in TMI) and I still struggle with an anxiety disorder. I've heard about other, even more, advanced meditators who had struggled with anxiety and that makes me doubt if it's possible.

What is the relationship of stress with fear?

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

Is trauma caused by fear?

Does fear influences our personality?

How to eliminate long term fear?  

@Leo Gura

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@FabulousKitchen Hate is not necessarily rooted in fear.

could you clarify how hate isn't rooted in fear?

the way i rationalise it is:

Fearing something is the opposite of loving something 

Love (as most people know it to be) is the act of attachment to what insures your survival, and the opposite: fear would be the running away/ avoiding from something that doesn't serve your survival

since hate is the opposite of love and the opposite of love is fear so Hate = fear.

hate is a specific kind of fear in my opinion however.

-How is fear related to aggression? , is all aggression based on fear?

-Are enlightened people fearless, like Jesus christ?

- Why do we fear ultimate reality/God so much? 

@Leo Gura Can you share your thoughts on the phenomena of some people wanting to get scared from something like a horror movie or haunted house? Any takeaways from that relating to the fears that we want no part of/want to avoid at all costs? I think this is something interesting to explore 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Fear is an absence of Love.

Fear cannot exist in Absolute Love.

I experienced this directly myself.

2c

B R E A T H E

How does one let go of/overcome the fear of death permanently (especially in regards to enlightenment work - panic whilst meditating and so on)?

What is the relationship between between fear and awakening?