Leo Gura

Questions About Fear? - Ask Here

43 posts in this topic

I'm working on part 2 of the How Fear Works videos and wanted to solicit your questions.

Is there anything you still don't understand about fear?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Why do some people develop anxiety disorders, and others don’t?

How does one retrain ones brain to not have anxious thought patterns?

how does ones worldview influence the amount of fear one experiences?

why are some people so much more prone to fear than others?

what are the best mindsets to overcome excessive fear in your life?

what is the number one technique to reduce the amount off fearfulness in ones life?

Are we inherently selfish in a fearful moment?

• If we can only trust personal experience, how come fear feels so real no matter if someone intellectually understands it is a thought?
  • Is it possible to transcend fear if you are not able to have a nondual state of consciousness meaning a monkey-chatter-free mind?
  • Does the mechanism of fear apply to all common mental health issues like anxiety, OCD, insecurity and so on?
  • After you manage to transcend fear intellectually, how do you cleanse your body of 10+ years of habitual fear?
  • Even if someone understands that in order for fear to exist there has to be a thought, how can he bring awareness to this mechanism and start to dismantle it instead of acting out unconscious patterns?
  • What is the relation of fear with low self-esteem and lack of confidence?
  • How does a person that has transcended fear act like or is it an inherently internal state?
  • Which are the internal (state) and external (behavioral) consequences of transcending fear?

Yes

• Dropping fear in matters that are more continuous rather than instantaneous. For example: the fear of just taking a psychedelic can be solved by simply recognizing that as an activity, let it go by being conscious of what is occurring rather than relating to what’s to come based on my thoughts of the future, and then take it vs. dealing with fear while already in a trip and you’re so wrapped and governed by that fear and that trip is already going and it’s something that’s going to keep persisting. I guess it’s a matter of how does one deal with fear while already doing something  rather than just the simple fear of doing something. 
  • Dealing with fear regarding making big life changes. 
  • How do I heal fear that is manifesting psychosomatically for good? I do Reichian Therapy on myself and even psychedelics and am always able to surrender and bring up what needs to be brought up but the fear still doesn’t go away after the trip or after the session as I still come down. Im able to be free in that moment but it never goes away still. I just seem to be doing more consistent work on matters that never go away.

@Leo Gura How does fear relate to other emotions. Byron Katie said that all negative emotions stem from fear. Is this true?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

• What is the best way to realize in your direct experience that fear is completely illusory and then make that insight stick ?
  • What are the most damaging fears in terms of human development we should aim at overcoming first ?

How our mind vs our body relates / reacts to fear? 

Is fear created & stored in the mind and forwards it to the body, so then our body reacts and we feel it?

Why do we fear unneccessarily? Are we not evolved enough to fear only in  real life-death situations?

• How do you deal with other people in your life clearly acting from fear or living a fear-based life?
  • How is creative fear or creative anxiety different from other fears?
  • If I eliminated all the external reasons for my current feelings of fear, would my mind then try to come up with new reasons for fear to bring me back to my previous state?

Edited by Extreme Z7

@Leo Gura True. Except I see fear of unknown, as related to culture wars for example. It's all love anyways, but how to bridge that gap is important to me (a lot of people) lately, I'm sure 

I would like to know how fear and anxiety are linked? 

More about creative anxiety and how to overcome it? (Big problem for me)

How to recognize and stop fear influencing your decision making process?

Thanks Leo 

• Is Shadow Work one of the ways to work with our fears? Is projection and shadow coming from the unconsious fear?
  • Can all types of fears be overcome by doing a single thing? Or are there multiple ways to handle multiple types of fears?
  • As I understood, the fundamental thing that we are trying to do with this work is ultimately dealing with our fears. And a path of having a wounded ego => having a healthy ego => transcending an ego, is fundamentally about maximizing love and minimizing fear. Am I correct?

Discernment between fear and intuition in making big decisions

How to overcome fear of uncertanity? While on vipassana retreat i had experience of my friends and all where not real and i was imagining them and i cannot prove otherwise. I got feared by that experience and i stopped meditating and went to my room. How to overcome fear like this when we go deep and continue work instead of running away?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

What is the relation between Fear and Trauma?

Will Trauma & other emotional Problems like Depression and Anxiety stop occuring if we remove Fear?

3 hours ago, FabulousKitchen said:

@Leo Gura True. Except I see fear of unknown, as related to culture wars for example.

Culture wars are not driven so much by hatred as by ideology, closedmindedness, lack of education, and fear.

Culture wars are not a good example of hatred.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.