Ibn Sina

I don't find many enlightened professionals.

105 posts in this topic

@Ibn Sina Hey man, 

I haven't read the entire thread, I just want to say that I really appreciate you bringing this topic up.  

I find a similar reality in the "coaching" world in that good-intentioned people attempt to make a career out of coaching, with no experience or skills/training than "a coaching course".  I find myself saying to these individuals that their intrinsic value will be exponentially higher (and I would be much more likely to hand over my $) if they have coaching training in addition to a track record of success and accomplishments within their professional path.  I guess these types of relationships probably form more organically in a mentor-mentee role.  

I believe this is an analogous finding.  

As to your point, I imagine a challenge to becoming both enlightened and professionally successful: 

1) time commitment

2) most professions are science and logic-based, and attract people with an affinity to these approaches

3) professional stigma

4) Once "one" gets to a certain level of enlightenment, the importance previously placed on their career may diminish as the binding of the career to their identify dissolves.  

Just some thoughts.

I would like to add that , the concept of  enlightened professionals which is the ideal transitional point of man lying exactly between the dual and the non-dual, is important not just for the 'economy' or the 'preservation of the world' but also because the dual is also the vehicle for the non-dual.
The dual is the default position, the position that everyone is born with, whereas the non-dual is what we have to work towards.
There is no better time to do non-duality work than the 21st century. 
And that is possible because of the sacrifices of many contributers who  have made our duality world much easier.
We now have more books, the internet, more videos , psychedelics and so on, something which would be impossible some years back.
The development  of dual has not just lead to the development of materialism, but also has given us the best resources that has brought us closer to the non-dual then any point in history.
If everyone were monks, then the rate of people getting enlightenment will be miniscule compared to the present materialistic dualistic age of buisnessmen and entrepreneurs and technology, and in turn, more people can now become awakened then ever.
Put simply , we need to be dualistic and non-dualistic on equal measure.

Edited by Ibn Sina

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

10 hours ago, PenguinPablo said:

How about the arhat Daniel Ingram M.D. ? He's an ER doctor I believe.

Thanx for the input. After sometime, I might put a post listing the names of the 'enlightened professionals' that we have managed to collect.

Edited by Ibn Sina

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy