Western Buddha

High consciousness tv shows?

39 posts in this topic

Do you have recommendations for good tv shows without so much negativity but with deep insights? real or animated both fine. thanks.

Futurama

Rick and morty 

Community (same creator as rick and morty) 

These are my favorite. 

Edited by Salvijus

Nature documentaries, or just good documentaries in general.

And I'll shamelessly mention a Norwegian TV show, which I think is very authentic and real: "Skam"

Honestly I can't come up with many. I think it's quite rare.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

Planet Earth 1

Planet Earth 2

Our Planet

Obviously not topics about enlightenment but these are few of the most advanced TV shows in our modern world with regards to stage green of the Spiral Dynamics model. 

I am yet to see any stage yellow type of TV shows though :D

Edited by Chi_

If you haven’t seem them yet, I would highly recommend: The Cosmos Series with Neil Degrasse Tyson, One Strange Rock, and on YouTube, the three part BBC series The Atom. These are all documentaries, which, if you watch all three, you’ll understand more about the universe than the vast majority of people with a university education (unfortunately). I recommend these to spiritual seekers, because they all inspire a sense of AWE of the manifest universe. It’s occurred to me that the emotion of awe is in short supply in humanity, because people are too self-absorbed, or genuinely overwhelmed with problems. Spiritual awakening brings a big increase in the sense of awe.

@Western Buddha You can find a lot of deep and meaningful tv shows or films. It's all just art. Anime wise, Cowboy Bebop and Psycho Pass are deep. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@Rebec Yep this is legit

@pluto Also would suggest sense8, still have to finish it though. I think its ahead of its time (sadly).

Mushishi is a great little anime with a very meditative atmosphere that has a lot of subtle wisdom in it

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

Dharma and Greg season 1 & 2 if you into Spiral Dynamics. This show shows Green and Orange coming together and making it work. Just Beautiful.

^^My bad I wouldn't put this under high consciousness but its an entertaining one related to SD.

Edited by Pacific Sage
Reconsidered the content

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance on Netflix, is pure art.  Literally, in fact, pretty much everything you will see on the show is some form of actual sculpture.  It is brilliant.  I very rarely like any show, but this is on another level.  Also touches on spirituality as a bonus.

The WestWorld series for self actualization.

The Sense8 series for high level empathy and inter-personal connection. 

Lucifer is alright if you want to see the ego depicted very broadly & obviously.

Explained ( Netflix series ) 

the episode on new age internet cult, the others are nice too.

there is the piece of shit of deep water diving anal who pop up in the video haha , but no leo :'(