OmniYoga

which meditation is the most potent?

18 posts in this topic

I've been meditating for at least 3 years daily, the time duration mostly 20 minutes, rather doing nothing just be there and sees what's come up
but im not satisfied with results, actually im not even sure its that actually harmful, I almost feel nothing  (except really intenste situations) -  like an apathy, I used to felt sad, anger frustation more often yes - but also when i felt something postive it was more VIVID, now everthings is more and more flat, maybe that's just agin??? i'm also now very inward oriented, almost like living in my "head" and a kind of withdrawal with external world, even people ask me why I am so "calm" - i am not sure, does it boder them or supprise

anyway I've noticed recently that i have no idea where should I put my attention during the meditation, however when I do it, it's punctual - kind of like focused laser, i've tried for exmaple some part of my brain, the heart, the sensation in my body - but since i don't feel anything(except ocasionally itching) that is super boring and I can't mantained it,
if I let my mind just be loose it will come up with some thoughts and I'll get lose in thinking instead of meditating

so the main question is about where the focus should go during the meditation?

Can you feel energy? I would tune into pure love/light if you can align yourself to that. That's the best way I've found at removing blockages.

Check out the book "The Mind Illuminated", everything you want to know and need is there (there's a version available online I think)

27 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Meditation with a pure heart and pure intentions.

Very nice. ♥️ Don't think Just be those sensations. Surrender don't resist. 

7 hours ago, OmniYoga said:

I've been meditating for at least 3 years daily, the time duration mostly 20 minutes, rather doing nothing just be there and sees what's come up
but im not satisfied with results, actually im not even sure its that actually harmful, I almost feel nothing  (except really intenste situations) -  like an apathy, I used to felt sad, anger frustation more often yes - but also when i felt something postive it was more VIVID, now everthings is more and more flat, maybe that's just agin??? i'm also now very inward oriented, almost like living in my "head" and a kind of withdrawal with external world, even people ask me why I am so "calm" - i am not sure, does it boder them or supprise

anyway I've noticed recently that i have no idea where should I put my attention during the meditation, however when I do it, it's punctual - kind of like focused laser, i've tried for exmaple some part of my brain, the heart, the sensation in my body - but since i don't feel anything(except ocasionally itching) that is super boring and I can't mantained it,
if I let my mind just be loose it will come up with some thoughts and I'll get lose in thinking instead of meditating

so the main question is about where the focus should go during the meditation?

It almost sounds like you are taking time to pay attention to thoughts, rather than returning attention to feeling stomach breathing and letting every thought pass. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@OmniYoga , I just skimmed through the online edition of "The Mind Illuminated" and my first reaction was "Goodness! Meditation is so complicated!"

Which it is. The writer talks about how to avoid mind dullness, which sounds like what you are referring to.  This book treats the topic in a thorough and detailed way, so is worth a read. 

https://archive.org/details/TheMindIlluminatedByCuladasaJohnYatesPh.D.MatthewImmergutJeremyGraves2017/page/n19

@IndigoGeminiWolf  no, i don't feel any energy
@Truth Addict that's like saying to a shy virgin just BE yourself, man - women like it, which give him 0 results, and mean nothing

@Nahm kind of yes, cuz it's nothing going there actually in the body - sometimes i "observe" my heartbeat

@astrokeen  i see 500 pages on mediations wow, I hope it's note overtalked - it should be simple - shouldn't ?:D maybe it's not that simple as I thougt

@Jordan94 thank you

Edited by OmniYoga

@OmniYoga

I think what you are looking for is tantric meditation ;)

although just find what works for you try out different methods and go what feels like it flows with less resistance to what is

@OmniYoga  Leo has a video on concentration that might be helpful. Something like "How to boost your meditation gains" and another on concentration. Lookup how to go into access concentration.

@OmniYoga Thoughts (the believing of them rather) are very very sneaky. As a thought analogy with sneakiness, there’s letting go, then there’s the Uber sneaky thought which imply they are needed, but what’s needed is a deeper myocascial level of letting go. 

If certain thoughts, or a topic or category in life (arising thoughts about it) seem really ‘stuck’, try writing the thought or subject down in the shortest simplest phrasing as you can, and then write the exact opposite (in terms of perspective) next to it. Then kinda step back, and notice one is not really more or less “true” than the other, and that you can choose - based on what feels best to you. (Spoiler - it’s all about you feeling your absolute best).

In addition to the meditation considerations....life wise...are you “keeping up with your expansion?” You are wanting, universe is coordinating & coalescing  what you are wanting....are you accepting, receiving - meeting what you wanted there?

@OmniYoga

Well then, either dismiss that pointer or try to understand what it is pointing to. Giving me this feedback won't do you any good.

@Nahm "a deeper myocascial level of letting go. " -  i don't know what do you mean by that,
anyways i'm not perticulully attach to any thought - I'm able to cut them off or just letting go,
obviously the emotionally charged might take a longer time, but I don't think I'm stuck on some particual one

althought I enjoy thinking (not during the meditation), I read a lot

6 hours ago, Nahm said:

In addition to the meditation considerations....life wise...are you “keeping up with your expansion?” You are wanting, universe is coordinating & coalescing  what you are wanting....are you accepting, receiving - meeting what you wanted there?

do you ask am I happy and do I have what I want? 
im not super happy, nor i am depressed,
and definitely do not meet what i wanted in life

@OmniYoga I don't know. In meditation you can try to keep your attention on one selected thing for as long as you can, or you can try to keep as physically still as possible, or you can try noting. Or just be aware of whatever you can be aware of without strain.

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

13 hours ago, OmniYoga said:

@astrokeen  i see 500 pages on mediations wow, I hope it's note overtalked - it should be simple - shouldn't ?:D maybe it's not that simple as I thougt

It goes really in depth in different ways, there's also a lot of illustrations, it's actually quite easy to read and advance in the book

But also it's divided by stages and you don't need to read more than 1 or 2 stages ahead of your current stage, so in the first 100 pages should be already most of what you need to read

@OmniYoga

Sorry...myofascia. This can be experienced with a practitioner or in meditation. Similar to sending the release intention and feeling the release, but ‘a level deeper’, simultaneously beneficial in not paying any mind to thoughts, and as well, the quality and breadth of arising thought is expanded. 

9 hours ago, OmniYoga said:

i'm not perticulully attach to any thought - I'm able to cut them off or just letting go,
obviously the emotionally charged might take a longer time

That is a thought. We are sneaky beings man. Reality is not actually consistent as it appears, but recreated. I’d do some writing, expressing, and get it out. 

9 hours ago, OmniYoga said:

and definitely do not meet what i wanted in life

That is actually only a thought, not an accurate assessment of a situation / chunk of time. You are where you are, create from there.