Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Schahin

What do you think of the Tibetan Bardos?

5 posts in this topic

What do you think about the Bardo states described by the old Tibetan Monks, that say what happens after a person dies?

Bardo means transition from one life to next. I do agree that we have a transition phase between lifes. 

After my awakening i had a glimpse of "bodies" lying everywhere when I was camping in the woods. They were somewhat in a passive surrendered state (unconscious maybe even) . They had some sparks coming from their head, it was thoughts I think. 

The closest I found explaining the "bodies" everywhere phenomena is the kama-loka a psychic plane above the physical (mostly as the theosophists explain). 

Read about the bardo but don't know how the "by the old Tibetan Monks" is described?

"The Universe is Mental--held in the Mind of THE ALL."

--The Kybalion.

Arent the bardos implying a separate self, continuing the journey towards reincarnation with little chance of dissolving into oneness? 

I thought and think of the Tibetan monks as very enlightened people, which also shows itself in their very long meditation practices. Am not sure if their teaching are direct insights of their enlightened monks

Edited by Schahin

@Schahin Karmic body is different from physical and subtle body.Its the Karmic body that takes repeated life.(This is what I heard and I am not sure what they mean subtle and karmic bodies).

18 hours ago, Schahin said:

Arent the bardos implying a separate self, continuing the journey towards reincarnation with little chance of dissolving into oneness? 

OK, understand somewhat your perspective. I confused a different Buddhist version of the afterlife. 

I somewhat understand the kamaloka/dewachen idea from Tibet, had glimpse experience of both states and it's simple and reasonable theory. Heard even channelers and other littarature talk about similar things as in those states. The bardo thing seems confusing. Read that they try to avoid karmic activity they created in those states or something. Also read that the nyingma had some negative sorcerers(dugpas) that changed the teaching for their own benefit. I haven't dived deep into it, so I won't praise/criticise it. 

"The Universe is Mental--held in the Mind of THE ALL."

--The Kybalion.