whoareyou

No you are NOT Channeling anything! Stop bullshitting yourself.

127 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

@Matt8800 I understand..

The pursuing is not the problem, it is the attachment and identification that one creates as they pursue. Or thinking they have found the answer and some external form.

Being able to take something or drop it without it affecting your emotions is taking the middle path and staying neutral non-attachment. Essentially having it or not having does not affect a person emotionally that has no attachments or desires. A person can take it or leave it either way.

I am currently reading a book that Osho wrote about Tantra it's very good so far.

In my experience it appears that everyone thinks they're talking about a different path but when you really zoom out it is the same thing just in different order. 

Basically everyone thinks they're describing a different path but it ends up back at the same ocean where it started.

It's just that some paths take longer to get to the same destination. But that's not necessarily a problem. 

As for as one practice being faster or taking longer than the other ....I believe that just depends on each individual.

@VeganAwake Well said :)

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800  it is the path that ends suffering.

When you realize it your old patterns will continue to play out for a little while, but the enlightenment itself shines bright.

Eventually you see it was your own mind keeping you in a prison of Illusion.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

17 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

@Matt8800  it is the path that ends suffering.

When you realize it your old patterns will continue to play out for a little while, but the enlightenment itself shines bright.

Eventually you see it was your own mind keeping you in a prison of Illusion.

@VeganAwake My mind hasnt been imprisoned for almost 3 years after I passed through the dark night into equanimity. I am no longer a "seeker".

@Matt8800  okay gotcha yes that's great.

I apologize for making that sound personal I was just talking about people in general.

That's good I have recently also reached a point where I'm focusing more on my family life and enjoying just being.

Was there something that triggered your Awakening? I often refer to it as jailbreaking our minds haha.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

38 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

@Matt8800  okay gotcha yes that's great.

I apologize for making that sound personal I was just talking about people in general.

That's good I have recently also reached a point where I'm focusing more on my family life and enjoying just being.

Was there something that triggered your Awakening? I often refer to it as jailbreaking our minds haha.

@VeganAwake I experimented with DMT for the first time and met my spirit guide. It told me that I needed to start meditating daily and taught me the principals that I found a few days later in Buddhism. I dove heavily into meditation and started seeing through the illusion of the ego. When I realized that my ego wasnt real, that also meant all "my" dreams, instinct for survival, desires, opinions, etc, etc, completely didnt matter. Of course, that leads to understanding that nothing matters except the experience of the flowing present moment where true love, beauty and truth are found. 

This death was agonizing but made it through about 6 months later when I finally fully accepted that nothing matters and that "I" dont matter. (Try telling people on here that they dont matter and see how they respond :) ) That is when I found happiness for the first time in my life, was able to really perceive beauty all around me that I didnt see before and changed my focus to projecting love rather than just trying to consume it.

I went through the second dark night about a year later but that one wasnt as brutal. It was just a deeper level of accepting, surrendering and letting go that wasnt apparent until I got there. According to the Visuddhimagga, one goes through a total of four dark nights and each passage marks a deeper level of enlightenment.

Enlightenment is not as complex or as big of a deal as a lot of people make it out to be. Its also an unfolding process; not a destination. Many simply lack the courage to let themselves fully die and completely accept all there is, as it is (Trump, global warming, bigots, etc, etc). 

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800 wow..

Thanks for sharing that's incredible and almost identical to mine just a few minor differences but essentially all the meat and potatoes are there as some would say haha.

I agree Enlightenment is not a big deal. I've always liked: " The great way is not difficult for those who have no preferences"

I was always a middle path not heavily opinionated person that really just like taking it easy... path of least resistance.

That may have assisted me dropping everything as we were discussing.

I think what helped me most of all was having faith that I would be taken care of.

22 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

@Matt8800 wow..

Thanks for sharing that's incredible and almost identical to mine just a few minor differences but essentially all the meat and potatoes are there as some would say haha.

I agree Enlightenment is not a big deal. I've always liked: " The great way is not difficult for those who have no preferences"

I was always a middle path not heavily opinionated person that really just like taking it easy... path of least resistance.

That may have assisted me dropping everything as we were discussing.

I think what helped me most of all was having faith that I would be taken care of.

@VeganAwake On a note related to this post, my introduction to my spirit guide basically taught me most of the core principals of Buddhism in one night when I had no understanding of buddhism prior. That night radically and permanently changed my life.

That is why I believe that one can absolutely have spirit contact through psychedelics.

Edited by Matt8800

7 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

You seem confident in your ability to distinguish what is real from what is imagined. I'm curious: how do you differentiate between real and imagined? 

To me it's all imagination.  Just different layers or levels.  So i think he is referring to God's imagination, which is boundless, and can manifest anything at will instantaneously.  This could include spirits and the paranomal.  Then there is limited imagination - or the finite version of God - the ego.  The ego has a limited form of imagination but cannot will things into Being or create spirits other than within its own mind - it can't manifest them so that they are available within the Infinite Mind for all finite Minds to see.  That's the point of being limited.

So Real = God's imagination vs unreal = ego's imagination.

But you see its all imagination and the egos Mind or finite Mind lives within the Infinite Mind.

So to be "deluded" is to confuse God's imagination with your limited one.  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1

Yes.

So. . . if a being had the ability to assign Absolute distinctions within the sameness of real/imagined, it would be an extremely high level of consciousness.  This would a level of god-consciousness as high as any I have experienced. . . It seems like generic relative distinctions being offered, yet the OP seems highly confident that he has access to something beyond that and that we are missing something. So I'm curious how it may work. Maybe I am missing something. . . 

@Matt8800  I definitely felt a strong connection to Zen Buddhism and Taoism myself, although I have not studied very deeply into either one.

I felt a big connection with the yin yang.

for example:  I started feeling that everything and nothing mattered simultaneously.

A few things I wrote in my journal:

Between nothing and everything is.

We are all seeing the same thing, we just think we describe it differently.

I messed around with acid and mushrooms a few dozen times when I was younger. But one time in particular I took some liquid acid and it completely wiped away my monkey chattering mind and I was in complete awake consciousness for several hours. Now that I'm thinking of it it might not have been LSD LOL. 

Everything is connected... I have been going through Awakening for about 2 and 1/2 years, but maybe I've been Awakening my whole life and I just didn't know it.

38 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

So to be "deluded" is to confuse God's imagination with your limited one.

Nope. That's only your definition/worldview.

Delusion doesn't exist unless you create it, and you did.

"Delusion" is meant to be a pointer, it's not an actual thing.

Edited by Truth Addict

1 minute ago, Truth Addict said:

Nope. That's only your definition/worldview.

Delusion doesn't exist.

I stated earlier that it is One so this is relative.  ALL form is relative or partial truths.  It is a paradox in itself because you can have multiple things being true relative to the subject, simultaneously.  And none are incorrect or fully correct.

The realm of form is an Absolute relativity and a mindfuck :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

I stated earlier that it is One so this is relative.  ALL form is relative or partial truths.  It is a paradox in itself because you can have multiple things being true relative to the subject, simultaneously.  And none are incorrect or fully correct.

The realm of form is an Absolute relativity and a mindfuck :)

It can be explained in a much more simpler way than this. Read my edit on the previous post.

24 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

It can be explained in a much more simpler way than this. Read my edit on the previous post.

OK will do ❤

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

32 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Inliytened1

Yes.

So. . . if a being had the ability to assign Absolute distinctions within the sameness of real/imagined, it would be an extremely high level of consciousness.  This would a level of god-consciousness as high as any I have experienced. . . It seems like generic relative distinctions being offered, yet the OP seems highly confident that he has access to something beyond that and that we are missing something. So I'm curious how it may work. Maybe I am missing something. . . 

Yeah i hear ya.  I'm not sure if he is stating that, i think he is just pointing out the ease of which you can confuse the ego's imagination with infinite imagination.  But then again does it matter if you are God?  Maybe that's the point we are all making here....

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@Inliytened1

Please don't use my name in public. ??

But its ok to use mine? :)

Sorry i guess i publicized mine back in the day.  Sorry man.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Truth Addict said:

I mind. Do you?

Im awake if i minded anything that would be ego :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Im awake if i minded anything that would be ego :)

Good for you.

I love sleeping -_-