Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
amirali gharib parsa

how can i treat my OCD ?

3 posts in this topic

hello guys and gals

i just realized that OCD has debilitated me for years and it was an enlightening experience

which form of meditation do you guys recommend for treating OCD?any other suggestions?

The way in is the way out. You must face what you fear.

Can you be more specific with your OCD so we can offer more relevant answers.

@amirali gharib parsa

Mantra Meditation

With this form of meditation you choose a calming word, thought or phrase and silently repeat it over and over. This helps push away other, more distracting thoughts and produces a profound sense of calm. Transcendental Meditation is a form of Mantra Meditation and is highly recommended for those who suffer from anxiety.

Mindful Meditation
This form of meditation for anxiety may seem unusual in that, instead of closing your eyes and drifting away from your environment, you choose to become more aware of it and therefore more accepting. This works by allowing you to accept thoughts or distractions and simply let them flow over you. Focusing on your breath and observing its flow helps you to achieve this state of relaxed mindfulness.

Mindful Meditation is particularly useful during potentially stressful occasions such as a party. You can do this without anyone even noticing, simply observing, accepting and letting everything flow over you while keeping your attention on your breathing until you feel calmer and in control.

Walking Meditation

Another method which is well suited to helping combat anxiety as it allows you to withdraw from stress-inducing situations while also giving yourself a real physical and mental treat. During a walking meditation you adopt the principles of the Mindfulness Meditation in that you notice and appreciate everything around you as you pass by at a steady, even pace, concentrating on the motion of your legs and feet.

You can even combine this with a Mantra Meditation, silently repeating a calming word, thought or phrase in your head as you breathe deeply and regularly. The benefit of this kind of meditation is that you reap the rewards of both physical exercise and mental calming while giving yourself a proper psychological boost. This sort of ‘me time’ is vital if you suffer from anxiety.

Again, it need only be a few minutes, although 30 is optimum. Take a walking meditation a few times a week and you will quickly start to see and feel the benefits from meditation for anxiety.

https://anxietyexit.com/best-types-of-meditation-for-anxiety/

Labels, like OCD, “serve” as write offs, which lead to personifying, or, identifying yourself as - or as having the property of. 

Change your story and you’ll change you life. 

You don’t “have ocd”. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE