Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nivsch

Most anxious after waking up

5 posts in this topic

And during the first hour of the day, all the phenomenas - anxiety, ocd... are the strongest.

Why is that?

Do you also feel it?

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

Hi Bro, 
that's quite natural for our vulnerable self, I sometimes lose myself, I get lost in the negative thinking patterns and sometimes I fall into superficial addictions and during all of these regressions, I remind myself one thing and that is this sentence: this too shall pass! 
although I have huge expectations from myself (with a little bit of perfectionism), I know sometimes these behaviors could be natural during my progression, I've realized one thing for myself and that is: whenever I think I'm going to fail in my dreams and goals that I have set for myself, these addictions and negative thinking patterns manifest themselves immediately, sometimes I take control but sometimes I lose control and get lost and stranded in the dysfunctional mind and the time of manifestation could be variable, most of the time those are at the peak at the first hours of the day but as the time goes by and my system receives the fall of the darkness, it starts to calm down incrementally.
and I know if I start to make a big change in my life and besides I do the consciousness works profoundly, then I'd start the positive upward growth and development. forgetting about my passions and doing consciousness work only will not do anything good for me.

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

@Nivsch Try the Wim Hof method right after getting up (breathing exercise and cold shower (but not the breathing exercise while showering)).

That's the breathing exercise:

Read the second and third top comments (thoses which Wim Hof gave a like)

I suppose you already watched Leo's letting go video? 

I experience that too, mostly during times when my daytime is filled with anxiety and and stress and/or low energy. That promotes bad habits which negative effects spill over into my night times. It mostly boils down to your nervous system reacting on how you treat it. 

What does help me is increasing physical activity and lowering calorie intake. Spicy and sugary foods eaten at late evening times are also known to promote nervousness and bad dreams. So does alcohol. 

Even if you're a generally more anxious person (as I am) and the root causes of this nervousness are lying deep within your system, these first actions can at least be a first, quick help on the road. 

What daily habits do you have that might affect your sleep negatively? 

I've also experienced high levels of anxiety, even paranoia after waking up. Sometimes these states came before waking up in that liminal state between being asleep and awake. An explanation could be that while we're resting, during REM sleep, the unconscious processes our repressed fears, pain, guilt, etc. and of course in the morning they come up fresh and strong.  Meditating before going to sleep helps a lot, also journaling, yoga and contemplation (whichever you're more comfortable with). 

Like @R-Type said, your diet(especially your dinner) as well as how the events throught the day affected you influence this issue.

Inverstigate your habits, calm your mind and body and these symptoms should diminish.