Rasheed

How can I Hear but not listen?

13 posts in this topic

What is the best way, to hear something but not listen to it? (By this I mean, to hear someone say something and not get affected by it.)

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

When you start to be at the cause not the effect when you realize that you can change to not be affected by something because you are in control of your world(taking responsibility of your emotions,states and not waiting for something to change it for better or worse)...there is alot of social programming,traumas in subconcious that you need to work on so basically everything we do here...

Edited by NoSelfSelf

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

20 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

When you start to be at the cause not the effect when you realize that you can change to not be affected by something because you are in control of your world(taking responsibility of your emotions,states and not waiting for something to change it for better or worse)...there is alot of social programming,traumas in subconcious that you need to work on so basically everything we do here...

I agree, more personal development I do, less other people can affect me. It’s about being the hero, not the victim.

17 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Rasheed Depersonalize

I think I am getting what you are saying but..What do you mean by ‘depersonalize’? Can you explain it more deeply?

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

On 9/15/2019 at 1:22 PM, Rasheed said:

I think I am getting what you are saying but..What do you mean by ‘depersonalize’? Can you explain it more deeply?

Sure. 

Imagine I told you that my co-worker, Bob, was rude to my other co-worker Sarah today. Would this bother you? Why not?

Imagine I said that mice are ugly, stupid and disgusting. Would this bother you? Why not?

Imagine you had a dream in which you are a character named Paul. . . Paul is in a bar and everyone laughs at him because his zipper is down and his underwear is showing. You wake up and get along with your day. Are you bothered about what happened to Paul in the dream? Why not?

17 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Sure. 

Imagine I told you that my co-worker, Bob, was rude to my other co-worker Sarah today. Would this bother you? Why not?

Imagine I said that mice are ugly, stupid and disgusting. Would this bother you? Why not?

Imagine you had a dream in which you are a character named Paul. . . Paul is in a bar and everyone laughs at him because his zipper is down and his underwear is showing. You wake up and get along with your day. Are you bothered about what happened to Paul in the dream? Why not?

I am not bothered because that's not 'me', I am not taking it personal. I got it.

Thank you for sharing a wonderful insight. I appreciate you! Thanks! I will apply this, 100%. 

5 hours ago, Rasheed said:

I am not bothered because that's not 'me', I am not taking it personal. I got it.

Thank you for sharing a wonderful insight. I appreciate you! Thanks! I will apply this, 100%. 

Yep! :)

On 9/14/2019 at 0:12 PM, Rasheed said:

What is the best way, to hear something but not listen to it? (By this I mean, to hear someone say something and not get affected by it.)

What you hear or listen to already has no effect on you. Your arising thoughts about it, have no effect on you. 

Believing the thoughts, that is,  assuming they are true about you - is identifying with it. That is suffering. 

The higher self / inner being within you, commonly known as sensations, or, feelings, is awesome, unconditionally loving, and your own infallible sensational guidance through out your entire life.  

You could hear something, and in spite of your sensational guidance relaying to you through feeling that it is not true - in spite of this not-good-cause-it-isn’t-true feeling - you could still choose to believe it, and identify with it.

You can not however, do this and feel good. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

18 hours ago, Nahm said:

What you hear or listen to already has no effect on you. Your arising thoughts about it, have no effect on you. 

Believing the thoughts, that is,  assuming they are true about you - is identifying with it. That is suffering. 

The higher self / inner being within you, commonly known as sensations, or, feelings, is awesome, unconditionally loving, and your own infallible sensational guidance through out your entire life.  

You could hear something, and in spite of your sensational guidance relaying to you through feeling that it is not true - in spite of this not-good-cause-it-isn’t-true feeling - you could still choose to believe it, and identify with it.

You can not however, do this and feel good. 

Thank you! Wonderful perspective. I never thought about that. Truly eye-opening. 

Practical application of this would be to really become mindful and consciously decide what we want to identify with...What do you think about that? How do you apply this in your own life?

15 minutes ago, Rasheed said:

Practical application of this would be to really become mindful and consciously decide what we want to identify with...What do you think about that? 

There’s no need to identify. You are already a creator. Write what you want on a dry erase board. Pick thoughts which feel good, relative to it. That’s it. Take it slow & easy, and have fun, while the universe becomes it. 

How do you apply this in your own life?

The same way. Dry erase boards, chalk painted wall, feeling amazing, infinite momentum.

https://youtu.be/UygnXqoKrC4

It sure seems like you are “in” reality, but it is created unidirectionally from within you. 

Meditation, every morning. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 9/17/2019 at 6:50 PM, Serotoninluv said:

Sure. 

love it :) 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

18 hours ago, Nahm said:

There’s no need to identify. You are already a creator. Write what you want on a dry erase board. Pick thoughts which feel good, relative to it. That’s it. Take it slow & easy, and have fun, while the universe becomes it. 

The same way. Dry erase boards, chalk painted wall, feeling amazing, infinite momentum.

https://youtu.be/UygnXqoKrC4

It sure seems like you are “in” reality, but it is created unidirectionally from within you. 

Meditation, every morning. 

Thank you! Very inspiring! It’s all about becoming conscious that we are the creators of our reality, taking our power back and from this point, creating consciously, which will result in more positive world. I appreciate you for your feedback!