Spinoza

Arrogance

8 posts in this topic

I've noticed in the last few years that humanity becomes so arrogant than ever.

i'm young i don't know how society was in the 80s or even 90s, maybe the same and nowdays with social media people get exposed so we can see this arrogance clearly in humanity.

It's funny  how everybody want to be the best, fit in, know all the trends/brands and be a part of them. It lack authenticity it's like everybody is wearing a mask and pretending to be someone.

I like to observe people's behaviour without judgement but i do think it's toxic (i keep this opinion for myself) i understand that we have insecurities, so being cocky cover the issue (fake it till you make it)

It's just an observation, and MAYBE i'm biased.

just wanted to share that with you guys.

You're right, the problem nowadays is that everything has become such a  huge competition.

People don't show their true self, hide behind their false mask and want to project an image of themselves how they would like to be perceived in public.

Just look and observe people on Instagram for example. This shit is so toxic and in the end they all end up being lonely and depressed because they might get the impression that they can't keep up with other people who get more likes or whatever.

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.

My observation indicate the opposite. People were so incredibly shallow in the past, they of course still are, but in my opinion it's getting better rather than worse, overall.

Glory to Israel

@Billy Shears Instagram is a good example, i remember when social media started things wasn't like that (it was more to connect with friends)

i guess the democratization of knowledge and the economy and music industry played a role too, people have access to see what's happening worldwide, so they want to be superstars too and be part of the competition. internet is good plateforme for that.

9 hours ago, Scholar said:

My observation indicate the opposite. People were so incredibly shallow in the past, they of course still are, but in my opinion it's getting better rather than worse, overall.

I get what you mean, more people have access to knowledge so more people have awareness, but this is a minority which is more visible nowdays in my opinion but it's not the majority.

Even in Spirituality field there is a lot of arrogance and people that follow that because it's also a trend.

Edited by Spinoza

There has always been arrogant people. In the past they never had a platform (like social media), so you never saw it.

Media does not reflect reality. You can have 1000 humble people, and 10 arrogant people, and all you will see are arrogant people on social media. You will wrongly conclude that everyone is arrogant, but in reality it is the opposite. 

Extremism sells, because it invokes emotion, and media is 99% extremism. 

2 hours ago, Knock said:

There has always been arrogant people. In the past they never had a platform (like social media), so you never saw it.

Media does not reflect reality. You can have 1000 humble people, and 10 arrogant people, and all you will see are arrogant people on social media. You will wrongly conclude that everyone is arrogant, but in reality it is the opposite. 

Extremism sells, because it invokes emotion, and media is 99% extremism. 

That's true, in daily life i don't come across too much arrogant people as i see online and in the media. it makes it look like the new generation is so arrogant and shallow

32 minutes ago, Spinoza said:

That's true, in daily life i don't come across too much arrogant people as i see online and in the media. it makes it look like the new generation is so arrogant and shallow

Indeed it does. That's why you shouldn't take mainstream media too seriously. It's just like trashy gossip. 

This perception is a great advantage now, as it's easy to impress interviewers, bosses, etc.

It's easy to be seen high value amongst the perception of "entitled millennials".