Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wpw

Ayahuasca Ceremony Report

10 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

I have an x 2 ayahuasca ceremonies next Friday (6 days time) and Saturday and a San Pedro ceremony on the Sunday. 

I will post here with a full report for each ceremony the week after next (the 23rd - 25th etc) 

The advice I've gotten so far is:

* Go on an empty stomach

* Set an intention beforehand 

Anything to add? 

We have been spot on with the diet beforehand 

I would bring earplugs, so other people screaming and hurling don't distract you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Better yet, noise cancelling headphones if you have them. The noise at these things can ruin the experience. 

Best advice I can give is to fully surrender. Trust the medicine. Don't fight it. If you meditate, start meditating as soon as you take the first dose. No thinking will allow you to sink into the unknown. Go up for as many doses as they offer. usually 3 doses is max. Go for it, you won't regret it. 

@astrokeen It's an underground ceremony, it's not in Peru. But we know someone who have been to it 5 times, and they were just fine. 

The Aya ceremonies I went to had amazing ethereal music which enhanced the trip.

I would bring two separate bottles of water. During my first ceremony, I took a couple gulps of water after purging and ruined the bottle with backwash, 

I'm also going on a Ayahuasca ceremony next week. With the opportunity of trying Bufo Alvarius aka 5meo dmt as well. I have no idea what to expect... 

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

If they offer rapé snuff before drinking, it is recommended as it has a grounding effect and calms the mind while awaiting for the ayahuasca to kick-in and leads you gradually into the process. Rapé is also great during the ceremony because sometimes the thoughts get all around on non substantial things. Rapé grounds you and gets you back to the...main road. Don't take in less than 90 minutes after you drink. 

Wear comfortable clothes. If the music inspires you, get up and dance. Earplugs and an eye-mask are recommended, and a bottle of water. 

Finally, surrender to the process and  when the shaman offers a "booster" dose, take it. 

Have a wonderful experience!

55 minutes ago, Kensho said:

Don't take in less than 90 minutes after you drink. 

@Kensho Thanks for the extra info :) what do you mean by this, I don't think I understand...

56 minutes ago, Kensho said:

Finally, surrender to the process and  when the shaman offers a "booster" dose, take it. 

Isn't there a danger of overdosing? Could the trip turn dark because of taking too much? 

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

2 hours ago, Gili Trawangan said:

@Kensho Thanks for the extra info :) what do you mean by this, I don't think I understand...

Isn't there a danger of overdosing? Could the trip turn dark because of taking too much? 

Sorry, a typo, I meant to write "don't take IT (the rapé) in less than 90 minutes", The rapé is to be taken before drinking or during the process.

About the dose, the people who give the ayahuasca know when more is to be given. The booster is usually half of the initial dose and to first-timers they give half dose anyway. Second night will be deeper for you. As for the trip going dark, it doesn't depend on the dose.